HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Matt D'Agostini

Old
11-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Newhabfan

vCash: 500
If there was a fourth liner that impressed this season - it's definetely Kostopoulos. Pierre MCGuire and the TSN boys had a man crush on him yesterday and I can't blame them. If only you could take his attitude and transplant into a more skilled finisher like Lats....

Dandeneault had a good game also... His 2 on 1 + pass to Sergei was sick.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I like Lats with Koivu and Tanguay but he changes his game playing with them. He needs to go back to going to the net and shooting the puck. When Saku or Alex pass to him he seems to want to return the favor instead of taking it to the net or shooting it.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:15 AM
GoldenForum

Someone above mentioned D'Agostini may equal Pleks, Part Deux. Just what I was thinking. Remember Pleks played three years for the Dogs before his promotion. The kid will be good. I mean when Carbo says he reminds him of Michel Goulet (...'you don't notice him much, but he's always in the right spot, and next thing you know he's got 3 points').

D'Ags, Maxwell, MaxPac, Chipchura = 4 solid players, all with different talents and strengths who will soon (now to 2 years) be with the Habs.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I like Lats with Koivu and Tanguay but he changes his game playing with them. He needs to go back to going to the net and shooting the puck. When Saku or Alex pass to him he seems to want to return the favor instead of taking it to the net or shooting it.
That's how he plays tho. He'll need to change his game and mentality to be a true power forward.

and i'd love to see what D'Agostini can do.. he would really be pumped and play his heart out.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
That's how he plays tho. He'll need to change his game and mentality to be a true power forward.

and i'd love to see what D'Agostini can do.. he would really be pumped and play his heart out.
He plays like a power forward when he is with Begin and Lapierre(or other grinders), I think he tries too hard to be a skill guy and make Saku/Tanguay happy by passing them the puck, that's why his goals were down but his assists were way up with them. I don't see it as a big deal, just a young guy needing to be coached a bit. I look at guys like Franzen, Shanahan, Leclair etc, Lats has as much skill and them and they also struggled to find their game for a few years, the right balance between power and skill plus playing against big mobile NHL d-men.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:20 AM
onice

Quote:
He plays like a power forward when he is with Begin and Lapierre(or other grinders), I think he tries too hard to be a skill guy and make Saku/Tanguay happy by passing them the puck, that's why his goals were down but his assists were way up with them. I don't see it as a big deal, just a young guy needing to be coached a bit. I look at guys like Franzen, Shanahan, Leclair etc, Lats has as much skill and them and they also struggled to find their game for a few years, the right balance between power and skill plus playing against big mobile NHL d-men.
The only time Lats played like a power forward was in a few games during his first two training camps.

He is not and never will be a powerforward. It's two years and change and he hasn't manifested any power forward tendencies.

You'll be an old disappointed man if you think Lats will develop into a power forward.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
The only time Lats played like a power forward was in a few games during his first two training camps.

He is not and never will be a powerforward. It's two years and change and he hasn't manifested any power forward tendencies.

You'll be an old disappointed man if you think Lats will develop into a power forward.
The definition of a power forward is simple...a guy who runs people over(check), who can score with skill(check) or size strength(check). He has all the elements they are just not always all there. If you look at the players I mentionned above, they only started their prime at 25-26 after 3-5 years in the NHL.

Leclair first reached 20 goals at 25 after 3 NHL years.
Franzen reached 27 last year at 27 in his 3rd year

It's a longer process for most players of that style.

Old
11-27-2008, 12:38 PM
le_sean

Quote:
The definition of a power forward is simple...a guy who runs people over(check), who can score with skill(check) or size strength(check). He has all the elements they are just not always all there. If you look at the players I mentionned above, they only started their prime at 25-26 after 3-5 years in the NHL.

Leclair first reached 20 goals at 25 after 3 NHL years.
Franzen reached 27 last year at 27 in his 3rd year

It's a longer process for most players of that style.
Add Bertuzzi and Neely to that list.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Jeeze and here I thought this was a thread about Daggs.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
As for the guy *****ing about how MaxiPad and Maxwell get slotted into the top lines, those people are overrating prospects, just like you are. AHL skill does not always equal NHL skill. That said, I think all three will be in the NHL in the next 3 years. Same goes for Captain Chip.
***** please.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:37 PM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
D'Agostini to join Habs in Washington
posted by Dave Stubbs at 19h27 EST on Nov 27
(News release) – The Montreal Canadiens announced tonight that forward Matt D’Agostini has been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. He will join the team on Friday morning, and will attend the club’s practice at Verizon Center in Washington.

D’Agostini, 22, leads the Bulldogs in scoring, and ranks 3rd in the AHL with 25 points in 20 games (14 goals, 11 assists). He leads the club in goals (14), powerplay goals (5) and shots on goal (64). He also served 16 penalty minutes.

D’Agostini (6’00, 200 pounds), a right winger from Sault-Ste-Marie, Ontario was selected in the sixth round by the Canadiens, 190th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He played his first NHL game with the Canadiens during the 2007-08 season.

Rbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:50 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 View Post
(News release) – The Montreal Canadiens announced tonight that forward Matt D’Agostini has been recalled from the Hamilton Bulldogs of the American Hockey League. He will join the team on Friday morning, and will attend the club’s practice at Verizon Center in Washington.

D’Agostini, 22, leads the Bulldogs in scoring, and ranks 3rd in the AHL with 25 points in 20 games (14 goals, 11 assists). He leads the club in goals (14), powerplay goals (5) and shots on goal (64). He also served 16 penalty minutes.

D’Agostini (6’00, 200 pounds), a right winger from Sault-Ste-Marie, Ontario was selected in the sixth round by the Canadiens, 190th overall in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. He played his first NHL game with the Canadiens during the 2007-08 season.
This is good, my guess would be that Kostopoulos will be put on the 4th while Dandenault sits and D'Ago can jump in with Sergei and Lang.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
This is good, my guess would be that Kostopoulos will be put on the 4th while Dandenault sits and D'Ago can jump in with Sergei and Lang.
I don't think Dandenault deserves to sit, and I don't think Kostopolous deserves to be relegated to the 4th line.

But I was wrong about the lines when SKostitsyn was called up last year.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Bretvincent

Nice to see him get called up Let's see if he can translate his ahl success now .

Bretvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Add Bertuzzi and Neely to that list.
Yeah. I'm not saying he will reach their level of point production. If he can be a top 6 forward that scores 30 goals a year and plays physical, that's a big asset for a hockey team, guys like that ared a lot more rare than 5'11" 60-70 point guys. The game is a lot more low scoring than in Neely and Leclair's day also.

Old
11-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
I don't think Dandenault deserves to sit, and I don't think Kostopolous deserves to be relegated to the 4th line.

But I was wrong about the lines when SKostitsyn was called up last year.
He'll probably only play if both Lats and Tanguay can't go. Plus the Habs have back to back games, they won't want to only have 20 healthy players.

Old
11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Lantendresse? Dandenault? Kostopoulous?

Isn't this a D'Agostini thread?

Is he playing vs the Caps or what?

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6 View Post

ok...there is my answer...

maybe he will play

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote