HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: Franzen's Goal

Old
11-27-2008, 09:13 AM
zurg999

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Even with the injury, Lats is Top 25 in the NHL for hitting forwards. Just because he isn't crushing people, doesn't mean he is a wussy.

How can that stat be accurate, when in reality he must be a wuss because some posters here make that claim?

I have a feeling the same worms who are all over O'Byrne right now will crawl back into their holes once O'B gets his big league legs under him, and starts destroying opposing forwards once or twice a game. Like he did in Hamilton.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:41 AM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
Kessel Saturday, Franzen tonight, an empty net Monday...
Added to this is the goal by Samsonov. He was very bad on that goal too.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:43 AM
gillyguzzler

TAKE THE MAN!!! O'Byrne has the tools but he does not have that scary look in his eyes, as Komi and Hammer have when they're mad and throwing their weight around. Even Bouillon scares the opposition more.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:49 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
This is becoming such a joke I can't even believe it... how is a guy supposed to get better without playing his way through tough times? The kid hasn't even had a full season in the NHL yet and he is expected to be an ultra efficient dman already? How do you think Komo would be doing right now if he was cutting his teeth in the NHL when the Habs have all the expectations in the world during the 100th season (instead of when we were brutally awful). O'Byrne is never going to be able to develop if he gets unfairly scruntinized for every little mistake made in a game.

Breezer is better? Honestly, do you reallllly want Breezer in the lineup every night playing tough minutes against teams as the season wears on? Breezer is solid on the PP and that is about it... he's 1,000,000 years old and cannot be counted on to play the kind of hard nosed D it's going to take to go anywhere significant this season. No wonder Carbo keeps giving O'B solid minutes if out only other option is Breezer... that is not a good recipe for when games actually start counting.

The kid is young and is developing... and not at quite as slow of a rate as many on these boards seem to think. I worry about all of our good D prospects if they are going to be thrown under the bus once they make the team if they go through some growing pains.

Yeah he's supposed to play through hard times UNLESS:
he costs us a couple of places in the standings. Sorry if I expect my Montreal Canadiens to be a team ready to hoist the Cup (not calling them favourites, but contenders). We are NOT that team if we are still putting out a guy to give him training wheels. Those days are over. It's time for every guy to be dependable. He is NOT. If you think otherwise, seriously you have not been watching during the month of November. I am NOT in favour of letting him learn when games are on the line and as for Breezer, if you were objective, you would actually go past the same sort of bias that you think I have and see that he does complete the plays and for the most part has been dependable. More than O'bryne at least. Of course i'd RATHER have a fully developped Mcdonaugh, but that's not an option. Weber, maybe, but again we don't know whether he can handle the NHL yet. Carbo didn't put OB on the ice at the end of the game, so please, he does not have much confiance en lui when it matters. I like O'bryne, try to understand. I think he has potential (which he doesn't use at all...HIT once in awhile). Let that develop somewhere else, ie. Hamilton, and not on highlight reels.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 03:09 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Yeah he's supposed to play through hard times UNLESS:
he costs us a couple of places in the standings. Sorry if I expect my Montreal Canadiens to be a team ready to hoist the Cup (not calling them favourites, but contenders). We are NOT that team if we are still putting out a guy to give him training wheels. Those days are over. It's time for every guy to be dependable. He is NOT. If you think otherwise, seriously you have not been watching during the month of November. I am NOT in favour of letting him learn when games are on the line and as for Breezer, if you were objective, you would actually go past the same sort of bias that you think I have and see that he does complete the plays and for the most part has been dependable. More than O'bryne at least. Of course i'd RATHER have a fully developped Mcdonaugh, but that's not an option. Weber, maybe, but again we don't know whether he can handle the NHL yet. Carbo didn't put OB on the ice at the end of the game, so please, he does not have much confiance en lui when it matters. I like O'bryne, try to understand. I think he has potential (which he doesn't use at all...HIT once in awhile). Let that develop somewhere else, ie. Hamilton, and not on highlight reels.

Yup, me saying that Breeze is a solid player on the PP and doesn't have the body to take the kind of beating that it will take to win the cup is very subjective. There's no possible way that someone could come to that conclusion without having some sort of bias against Breeze.

Let's just agree to disagree... I'm one for letting a young guy work out his kinks on the ice (and I have been watching during November) rather than rely on an aging veteran who has never been a defensive dynamo and who proved last year that he can't be effective in back-to-back games.

I find it hard to be told that I'm not being objective by a guy who goes off on O'Byrne for a few glaring mistakes. Has he been perfect? NO. He has been a liability at times, but he is getting better AND has the support of his team. It might be nice to have three big bodies in our lineup on the backend come playoff time and he won't be able to play when it counts if he doesn't have the leeway to make a few mistakes now.

On a side-note, O'B was having a FANTASTIC game last night up until his brutal turnover and we were playing the best team in the NHL. Can you at least admit that he's making strides in his game?

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 05:26 PM
tollb2

nice goal for shure .. guys got skills .... All this game was , was a preview of the starters for the all star game ...

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I would take him on my team. I wonder who the Wings will go for this summer with so many big UFAs to sign.
Did anyone else notice how many fans were dressed up as empty seats??

Wonder how this will affect signing FA ....... Zetterburg/Hossa/Franzen

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Great goal, no doubt.

Gorges on the right side? Franzen doesn't get by.

My 2 cents.
If Hammer helps when he sees O'By get beat instead of following a Red Wing behind the net ..... maybe NO goal also

Old
11-27-2008, 06:31 PM
TCIH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Did anyone else notice how many fans were dressed up as empty seats??

Wonder how this will affect signing FA ....... Zetterburg/Hossa/Franzen
Why would it affect the signing of UFAs? Empty seats aren't as offensive as some people make them out to be.

I'm sure there are plenty of players that would play in an empty rink if it meant they could stand a good chance of taking home the cup.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
sweet goal by a natural goalscorer. o'byrne was having a pretty solid game up until that one
YES I thought he made all good simple plays except for the goal. Just look around the league to see what teams are using for 5/6 th Dmen. O'By with more NHL experience will put all these complainers back in their closets. Not easy to find someone with his size and skating ability, he just needs a good dman coach to work on handling the puck

Old
11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
Why would it affect the signing of UFAs? Empty seats aren't as offensive as some people make them out to be.

I'm sure there are plenty of players that would play in an empty rink if it meant they could stand a good chance of taking home the cup.
Well at $100/300 a seat, thats alotta money they won't have to pay these guys

Old
11-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:
If Hammer helps when he sees O'By get beat instead of following a Red Wing behind the net ..... maybe NO goal also
lol do you know anything about D (or hockey)??

Dmen can't do much when their partner puts it on the tape of a forechecker and then get deeked onto their *****.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
lol do you know anything about D (or hockey)??

Dmen can't do much when their partner puts it on the tape of a forechecker and then get deeked onto their *****.
did you watch the game or the play???????????????????????????????????? LOL

Old
11-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Garo

Quote:
I don't think Ilitch will be crying about money anytime soon.

Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:56 PM
ArGarBarGar
Doc Messier

Quote:
Red Wings apologist here.

4th most valuable team in the NHL last year. The Cap is probably the best thing to happen to Illitch.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote