HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Philadelphia Eagles: Part Wait..What?

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Cleary84

vCash: 500
Isn't this the Iggles team that we all know and love?

Where was this team in Dallas, Cincinatti and Chicago? We would be 8-3

Old
11-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Casey Tatum

Ref blew the call there, thats some ********.

Old
11-27-2008, 08:46 PM
7475Fly

Am I the only one who can't stand ABC's announcers? No personality at all.

Old
11-27-2008, 09:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7475Fly View Post
Am I the only one who can't stand ABC's announcers? No personality at all.
They're NFL Network announcers.

Old
11-27-2008, 09:29 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Desean Jackson is seriously one of the dumbest people ever.

Old
11-27-2008, 09:32 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Desean Jackson is seriously one of the dumbest people ever.
But hes probably the most talented player we have on our team except Westbrook

Old
11-27-2008, 09:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Jackson jumped on the ball because he thought it hit Avant

Old
11-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Casey Tatum

This team looks so good right now. What happened after like 3 weeks in?

Old
11-27-2008, 10:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

'Twas a whoopin

Old
11-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Cleary84

Good game, hope we can see more of this.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Amateur Hour

40 runs, 39 passes. Finally. Thank you. Hopefully, Andy continues to let Marty call the plays. Time to channel that 2006 late-season run and make some magic happen. Next week against the Giants in the Meadowlands is the statement game that will define the season (DUH).

Old
11-28-2008, 01:20 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Why couldn't we play like this every week???

Old
11-28-2008, 09:25 AM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers84 View Post

In Dallas? Come on ... that was a shootout, the offense was fine.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:08 AM
7475Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They're NFL Network announcers.
Ha Ha Ha - Too much turkey and wine yesterday.

PS - ABC / NFL - They still suck.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:09 AM
mm6492

Kyle Eckel(sp?) is a beast.

thats all that needs to be said

Old
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Reid fired? That's an improvement.
McNabb gone? An improvement over the McNabb that's been mailing it in these days.
One of Runyan and Thomas very well could be back.
Dawkins leaves? That's a step up over his current corpse that's milling around out there.
The linebackers are way better than you think, especially with Jordan in there.
O-line is a question mark, I'll give you that.
The WRs are better than you think as well. It's hard for them to look good when the best passes they're seeing hit them in the feet.
The running game? Buck averages 4.4 per carry on his career. He's worth way more than a ****.

Frankly, your assessment of this team is ridiculous. We've all seen the incompetence Reid has showcased all year and McNabb's **** show, AND THEY'RE STILL .500! Reid is 100% right that all this team needs is a few tweaks to be successful. He's just not capable of delivering said tweaks.
Or in the opponents hands....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
Reid and McNabb has simply lost the team. There is no hunger out there outside of our defense. McNabb's sideline actions and body language aren't helping them. he should be the biggest cheerleader out there trying to help out. He has way too much pride to his ego is too large.
McNabb never was a leader, that is my biggest issue with him. When he first got here you had Hugh Douglas, Trotter, Vincent, a much better Dawkins, etc. The year of the superbowl, say what you want about him but TO brought that swagger to the team that they have been missing since he has left and all the Ray Rhodes guys have retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers84 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
This team looks so good right now. What happened after like 3 weeks in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Why couldn't we play like this every week???
I will be a broken record......INCONSISTENT = The definition of Reid/McNabb's career here for the last 10 years. Look like the greatest one week, look like the worst the next.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Jester

Disregard the 5 straight 11+ win seasons, 4 straight NFC Championship Games, and throw in the Super Bowl appearance...and, sure, you can run "inconsistent" up the flagpole in describing the Reid/McNabb era...fact of the matter is that the Eagles were the hallmark of consistency for a half-decade, but it gets thrown out the window because they didn't win a Super Bowl.

Also add in the caveat that statistically McNabb has been one of the most consistent QBs in football in recent years. Perhaps you don't think that's good enough, but it remains a fact.

This line of reasoning continues to live inside a bubble of Philadelphia insularity, with little recognition of what is happening in the rest of the NFL. Would you rather be Dallas during the Reid/McNabb era? How about Washington?--the Jeff George season was a LOT of fun! Only team in the division you would trade spots with is the Giants, and they got Manning because of some suckitude during the same sample and came out of nowhere down the stretch last year.

I really do look forward to the McNabb-haters getting a good dose of how much fun it is to go looking for a starting QB in this league that produces anything close to what McNabb has produced...with the consistency he's produced it. It's not as easy as you make it sound.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:49 AM
MountainHawk

Here is the honest to god fact. The Eagles will be LUCKY to have a QB as good as McNabb before my 8 week old son goes to college. There just aren't that many as good as he is to go around.

Old
11-29-2008, 10:36 AM
TehBBA

So, the Giants are their next opponent. Plaxico just shot himself in the leg.

Old
11-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBBA View Post
So, the Giants are their next opponent. Plaxico just shot himself in the leg.
What a circus that guy is. Plax always kills us, but the Giants don't need him to win (and win convincingly).

Old
11-29-2008, 01:33 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 100
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
That guys an idiot.

Old
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Disregard the 5 straight 11+ win seasons, 4 straight NFC Championship Games, and throw in the Super Bowl appearance...and, sure, you can run "inconsistent" up the flagpole in describing the Reid/McNabb era...fact of the matter is that the Eagles were the hallmark of consistency for a half-decade, but it gets thrown out the window because they didn't win a Super Bowl.

Also add in the caveat that statistically McNabb has been one of the most consistent QBs in football in recent years. Perhaps you don't think that's good enough, but it remains a fact.

This line of reasoning continues to live inside a bubble of Philadelphia insularity, with little recognition of what is happening in the rest of the NFL. Would you rather be Dallas during the Reid/McNabb era? How about Washington?--the Jeff George season was a LOT of fun! Only team in the division you would trade spots with is the Giants, and they got Manning because of some suckitude during the same sample and came out of nowhere down the stretch last year.

I really do look forward to the McNabb-haters getting a good dose of how much fun it is to go looking for a starting QB in this league that produces anything close to what McNabb has produced...with the consistency he's produced it. It's not as easy as you make it sound.
5 straight 11 plus win seasons and NFC championships when their division was beyond terrible and Reid was working with a defense of players largely left over from Ray Rhodes....Once the NFC east got better, we havent done squat. You need to take a look at the Eagles record since the superbowl year.

I am also speaking game to game, not season to season. Remember that season where McNabb started off the first 5 games looking like God, and then the next 5 he looked like crap and they ended up .500 before he got hurt......INCONSISTENT....Not to mention his statistics in the playoffs being complete crap compared to the regular season. People need to stop looking at the team's record in a tunnel and look at the circumstances of that.

With your line of reasonging, nothign was wrong with the Flyers last year cause they won? Nothing was wrong with the Flyers throughout the Lindros era cause they consistently won in the regular season and always came up just a bit short in the playoffs.

You can compare it to the redskins all you want, and you may have a point, however......you cant neglect the fact that for the older fans, they have a couple superbowl rings in the last 25 years.....What do we have here in Eagleland???

Old
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Here is the honest to god fact. The Eagles will be LUCKY to have a QB as good as McNabb before my 8 week old son goes to college. There just aren't that many as good as he is to go around.
History in this decade is beginning to show that you don't need a good QB to win, just one who can manage the game and not lose it.

Old
12-01-2008, 11:57 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
History in this decade is beginning to show that you don't need a good QB to win, just one who can manage the game and not lose it.
What history is that, Trent Dilfer????

Here is where I differ from most on here, and why I battle about McNabb all the time.....That is the #1 characteristic a great QB has in my opinion....The ability to manage a game. There is no need to be flashy. There is no need to have a rocket arm, be 6'4 240lbs, or be able to run like a wide receiver. They need to read defenses, throw the ball where it needs to go on the field to their receivers, and manage the game on the field. You have your QBs that have all the physical ability in the world (Cunningham, McNabb, Culpepper, etc) and then you have your guys that are good at managing a game but are missing that little bit extra to get them over the hump.

I think McNabb is missing that aspect of managing the game. Is it 100% his fault, no, I dislike Reid even more and his playcalling has been beyond brutal this year, but you cant blame a coach when the QB throws an interception at the end of a game to lose it as he has done on many occasions.

I agree with you in theory, you can win with a QB that manages the game if you are predominantly a running team with a great defense like when Dilfer won with Baltimore and Rothlesberger with Pitt, (although, I think BR has become a much better QB since then). When the QB is THE focal point of your offense as McNabb has been here, you need a "great" QB to win, like Favre was back in his days with Green Bay, Brady, etc.

McNabb might very well be able to win a SB if he is no longer THE MAN, although I have my doubts, I just dont see him as being a guy that was ever or will ever "lead" you to the promised land like this organization expected him to.

As much as I dont like him, E. Manning did it last year when he needed to at the end of the game. Yes, his defense kept him in the position to win, but he needed to bring the team up the field and win it and he did just that. So far in his career, our QB has not done that.

Last edited by mikedifr: 12-01-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old
12-01-2008, 12:07 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr View Post
What history is that, Trent Dilfer????
Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl didn't he? Yes, he had one of the best defenses ever, and I think he was their 4th QB, but everyone forgets that going through that season, everyone was waiting for the other shoe to drop on the Ravens, they didn't even win their division.

Gus Frerotte (Eagles are looking up at Vikings in the standings I believe)
Rex Grossman (although he still stinks but had a decent enough year to end up in the Super Bowl)
Jeff Garcia (didn't he outplay McNabb after he went down, too?)
Kerry Collins (went to a Super Bowl, and may again this season -- this after he was considered a bust with the Panthers and cut by the Saints)
Ben ROFLisberger (everyone makes fun of him, but we forget that the Steelers won a Super Bowl with him as a QB, and he was 14-1 in his rookie year)

You obviously need the defense and the other parts, some of which the Eagles don't have, but if the Eagles were to trade McNabb, it's not like they're doomed to be 4-12 for all eternity. For all we know, Kolb might be better and no one knows it yet.

Last edited by GKJ: 12-01-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Closed Thread