HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Obnoxious "So Called" Habs fans, what can we do?

Old
11-27-2008, 09:24 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ludwig View Post
To be frank, your comment is beyond ridiculous.

It's not about my son being young, even if I go with a buddy it bothers the hell out of me with these guys screaming out insults at the Habs, it gets under my skin, especially due to the fact that they're actually wearing Habs shirts. As I said, the language and drinking doesn't bother me or my son, I expect that at a hockey game. But when you've got guys making comments every minute that are so ridiculously inane and annoying, and they're right behind you, it ruins what is supposed to be a fantastic night where I paid a lot of my hard earnerd money to attend.
problem is that acting like a jackass isn't something you can really do much about unless you want to be that idiot that actually fights at games, which obviously you aren't. Being next to a guy that hates Latendresse because he's jealous of whatever is unpleasant, but not across he line unless you have a nearby usher who is willing to overstep. If a guy crosses lines with language, becomes an issue physically, then the staff should intervene.

The problem is that a group of *******s can ruin the experience for you but there's little to be done if they stay within whatever limits they're willing to impose.

I have Alouette season tickets, and my section is far beyond anything I've come close to hearing at hockey games. I've brought my kids, friend's kids, there have been a few instances where I wished I wasn't in the situation I was, but for the most part, things were ok, kids are good at recognizing a jackass and categorizing them as such.

I think your problem is that they are on the side of the line that they annoy you, as they would me, but not on the side that much can be done.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Yes and what I'm saying is that the premise of the thread is flawed. Security would most probably not kick anyone out for yelling profanity. I quite frankly can't imagine that happening.

So the options are very limited here. You either ignore them, because this is a free country after all, or you just pick other activities where the level of decency is more equal to yours.

What I find ridiculous is the whole "movement" lately on the boards where a group of Fan X want to piss into the cornflakes of another group of Fan Y because of Z.

Tired of it, just going stop talking about it now.
Why wouldn't security throw them out? They threw my brother in law out of the Big O when he yelled " Raines goes better with Coke" for about three innings back when Raines was just out of detox.

So your position is that a man should not go to a hockey game with his son because some drunks have rights that supercede his? Let's see, the Habs go to great lengths to cater to the kids, they support minor hockey and promote their branding through kids as well as hit kids to buy their merchandise since no kid wants to be the only one without Habs gear. Then the dad spend money on two season tickets for his kid and himself to enjoy the centennial and be a part of history. But he has to shut up because the drunks rule? There is something wrong with your scenario buddy.

This is a free country and a guy should be able to take his son to a game without having to worry about abusive drunks who seem to have more rights than the other couple of hundred fans that attend the game immediately around them. Fascism is bullyism and that is what the issue is here. Those clowns think they won't be thrown out so they do what they want. To suggest that a dad and his kid are displaying fascism because they object to this behaviour is stupid and the fact that you are the only one condoning their behaviour supports that you are completely and utterly wrong.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:30 PM
keepcalmandbeninja

Just an idea...swap seats with another pair of fans

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:06 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Yes and what I'm saying is that the premise of the thread is flawed. Security would most probably not kick anyone out for yelling profanity. I quite frankly can't imagine that happening.

So the options are very limited here. You either ignore them, because this is a free country after all, or you just pick other activities where the level of decency is more equal to yours.

What I find ridiculous is the whole "movement" lately on the boards where a group of Fan X want to piss into the cornflakes of another group of Fan Y because of Z.

Tired of it, just going stop talking about it now.
a free country isn't a place where you have the right to do what you want , but a place where you can CHOOSE to do what you want inside of the established rules and in the respect of the communauty .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:15 AM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
a free country isn't a place where you have the right to do what you want , but a place where you can CHOOSE to do what you want inside of the established rules and in the respect of the communauty .
The problem is that the rules you are trying to enforce or defend do not exist! Your definition of well behaved, well mannered, etc.. was never established as rule (nor mine for that matter). It's common sense, and common sense is relative to culture. If you want respect from people around you, I think the first thing you need is tolerance of other people's culture, regardless of how offensive you may find it.

Anyways, I think completely ignoring those "obnoxious" fans is far better than raising a barricade to have them kicked or banned. I'm not for what they're doing, there's a limit of course, and I'm not for what you people have been suggesting since O'Byrne's royal gaffe. Which is waging war amongst habs fans at the Bell Center for whatever reason you find acceptable. (booing, now profanity, soon it'll be dress code, whatever.. )

I felt your post deserved an answer, sorry.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Actually if you can rally the fans around you (quietly of course) to complain, they will definitely take it more seriously. You already have one woman on your side (the one who screamed at them).

You can also private message a bunch of posters here to call and complain about these people... Seems like most posters would prefer if they yelled at the TV at home instead... plus it would open up 3 more seats each game!

Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote