HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Atl/NYR

Old
11-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Atl/NYR

someone mentioned this before

I think it makes total sense

Kozlov- 3.7 million..........one more yr left after this

for

Prucha-1.6
Dawes-.6...........around 2

I think that fits the Rangers cap...........worst case is Rissmiller is sent to Hartford and then it works for sure

Atlanta should do this deal because they are rebuilding and Dawes could develop into a real good forward especially on a rebuilding team that will give him the ice time.....plus they can take a chance on Prucha just needing a change of scenery

Rangers get a winger to play with Gomez and Drury............and then they have Naslund ,Dubinsky, Zherdev............2 solid lines

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Irish Blues

Kozlov is $3,666,667. Even with Rissmiller assigned to Hartford, this trade wouldn't work until after Christmas; it would also put the Rangers north of $45 million for next season for just 11 players and with Dubinsky, Zherdev, Fritsche, Korpikoski, Sjostrom, Moore, and Callahan as RFA's. To add to that, Kozlov counts against the cap both this season and next season no matter what - which is not what a cap-pinched team is going to want.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:23 PM
TasteofFlames

As a Thrasher fan, I'd say pass. Kozlov has been one of our best player this year, and has really been a boon to Bryan Little's development. Prucha (as I understand it) has been having trouble finding a role on the Rangers since his rookie year and Dawes could be good, but is by no means guaranteed. Overall, not a bad proposal, but it is completely killed by Kozlov's NMC.

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteofFlames View Post
As a Thrasher fan, I'd say pass. Kozlov has been one of our best player this year, and has really been a boon to Bryan Little's development. Prucha (as I understand it) has been having trouble finding a role on the Rangers since his rookie year and Dawes could be good, but is by no means guaranteed. Overall, not a bad proposal, but it is completely killed by Kozlov's NMC.
goodlord he has a No Trade........ok so much for that one.....he could waive but likely not

Also Cap pinched team........come on.........the Rangers want to win now and they are going to make a deal to try and do that....I guarantee they pick up a high priced forward.........ur right it may be a rental

Worst case scenario is Rozsival can be moved..........ge doesnt stink, I am sick of people bashing him..........he has been one of the highest scoring Dmen the past 2 seasons and they would find a trade partner for freaking sure

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:36 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
goodlord he has a No Trade........ok so much for that one.....he could waive but likely not
Yep. He wanted it so he didn't have to move his family. He was in talks with Dallas when he was a UFA and they were going to give him a bit more money than the Thrashers, but the NMC sealed the deal and he stayed here. Apparently his kids are big into tennis and ATL has some very good tennis programs (I went to HS with a kid who was ranked #2 in the nation at one point).

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote