HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Perezhogin

Old
11-27-2008, 01:31 PM
BadKiwi

vCash: 500
If we get our hands off Dandenault and Begin, I'd be willing to give him their combined salary... even a little more if it's what it takes.

I've always liked this guy, I was kinda heartbroken when he decided to go to Russia.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I think he could be an interesting piece to trade, maybe a team like Florida would take him in a deal for Bouwmeeseter with a 1st. A lot of teams would take another chance on him.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
Sorry but KHL >>> AHL

And Perezhogin >>> Higgins > D'Agostini > Chipchura

Erika, this is exactly the kind of post that made many here lose any respect they had for you.

Perezhogin doesn't have the same determination, grit, leadership, two-way play and consistancy as Higgins does. For the rest, one might argue that they are on equal footing, as Higgins is fast, has scored many goals and does some dandy passes. Perez has proven nothing of the sort.

Please, consider that your opinion concerning Perez, Higgins and SKost does not have any weight in these parts.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 01:45 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Erika, this is exactly the kind of post that made many here lose any respect they had for you.

Perezhogin doesn't have the same determination, grit, leadership, two-way play and consistancy as Higgins does. For the rest, one might argue that they are on equal footing, as Higgins is fast, has scored many goals and does some dandy passes. Perez has proven nothing of the sort.

Please, consider that your opinion concerning Perez, Higgins and SKost does not have any weight in these parts.
Add Chipchura to her unrelevant analysis.

Old
11-27-2008, 01:50 PM
CanadienErrant*

Why worrying so much for a guy who is playing 12,000 miles away, in his country (maybe not, but they have the same language), is paid big bucks, tax-free, and doesn't want to come back in the NHL ? And if he wants to come back, it would certainly not be with the Habs.

Perezhogin, like Grabovski.*were not the most popular guys in the dressing room too.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:03 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Why worrying so much for a guy who is playing 12,000 miles away, in his country (maybe not, but they have the same language), is paid big bucks, tax-free, and doesn't want to come back in the NHL ? And if he wants to come back, it would certainly not be with the Habs.

Perezhogin, like Grabovski.*were not the most popular guys in the dressing room too.
Where did you take that? I remember him fooling around with almost every one. He was a jolly guy.

Old
11-27-2008, 02:15 PM
CH4

Quote:

bcause he is still our property and, I believe, might still have some trade value.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:51 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenzo_ View Post
OK let's say he does sign here,what would our line look like?
Perezhogin Plekanec A.Kost

Higgins Maxwell Paccioretty

S.Kost Chipchura Tender

Stewart Lapierre Kostopoulos

extra: DAgostini and Laraque..

Then sign another top 4, Bouwmeester would be great, you have the money to make an offer he cant refuse..

Markov Komi

Hamrlik Boum

Gorges OByrne

extra: Weber

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:47 PM
ToysInTheAttic

I've probably said it a hundred times since he left the team. I miss this player.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
hopefully this summer the russians all come home

(Perez, Yemelin, Valentenko and Korneev)

that would be awesome

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:26 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Perezhogin Plekanec A.Kost

Higgins Maxwell Paccioretty

S.Kost Chipchura Tender

Stewart Lapierre Kostopoulos

extra: DAgostini and Laraque..

Then sign another top 4, Bouwmeester would be great, you have the money to make an offer he cant refuse..

Markov Komi

Hamrlik Boum

Gorges OByrne

extra: Weber
We seem to be missing our top 4 scoring forwards

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 07:18 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
We seem to be missing our top 4 scoring forwards
newer is always better.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:19 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
bcause he is still our property and, I believe, might still have some trade value.
Why would he have any trade value? Has he expressed intention to come back to north america soon?
I think his trade value is zero.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Why would he have any trade value? Has he expressed intention to come back to north america soon?
I think his trade value is zero.
From what I understand, he said he won't sign any contracts until this season is over, so it appears that is still unknown what his intentions are for next year, guess we'll see. Perhaps if he hasn't signed in Russia by the draft, he might be of some interest to other teams that are willing to take a flyer on him as the price should be cheap, a low risk possible high reward type of move.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:47 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

It's unclear how his relationship with the Habs was left, but I'd take him back for sure. He's a supreme forechecker, reliable on the backcheck and has some modest offensive upside. Downside is that he takes brutal hooking penalties and is kinda soft.

The team should have a pretty different look next year. Perezhogin might fit in, he might not.

11-28-2008, 05:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
It's unclear how his relationship with the Habs was left, but I'd take him back for sure. He's a supreme forechecker, reliable on the backcheck and has some modest offensive upside. Downside is that he takes brutal hooking penalties and is kinda soft.

The team should have a pretty different look next year. Perezhogin might fit in, he might not.
If he was on an offensive line those penalties would probably not occur. They were mostly as a result of being on a checking line playing against the oppositions best and fastest players. More Carbo turning players into something they aren't. I don't see how his leading the KHL in goals translates into "some modest offensive upside" he has a laser for a shot.

Whether it is with the habs or another team, someone will take a chance on this guy if he wants to come back. if he pots 40-50 goals in the KHL you'd be stupid not to offer him 2 million.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
hopefully this summer the russians all come home

(Perez, Yemelin, Valentenko and Korneev)

that would be awesome
We should trade all of them for a good Canadian boy with an actual heart.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:02 PM
OneSharpMarble

It's been awhile and you know what time it is!

Update Time!

GP G A P
33 22 12 34

He had 3 points today helping his team to a 4-3 victory. I think he is still tied with the league lead in goals after having several games without a point. Looking good for 60points and 40 goals.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Why? Tender is here!!!

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 04:12 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Don cherry, is that you?

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Why? Tender is here!!!

I've become so bitter with the Habs lacking so much intensity and not supporting one another that it has become my new philosophy. lol There's no question that there's Europeans and Russians that are strong, character guys who bleed and fight and battle and protect their brothers-in-arms. But the NHL only draft the talented softies from those countries. Let's face it when they want warriors, it's rare they're going to look at say...Switzerland. But I can't help wondering that the fact that we're not protecting one another and never had for quite a while it's because we have too much of those type of players and that maybe maybe Euros do not have it in them to just go and jump a guy when one of his teamate has been cheap shot. In the last ten years or so the Habs have had trouble with that, I think, standing up for one another. When I saw D'Agostini laying in the corner two games ago, it reenforced that point that we need a cultural change on that team.

Old
12-12-2008, 08:44 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
I've become so bitter with the Habs lacking so much intensity and not supporting one another that it has become my new philosophy. lol There's no question that there's Europeans and Russians that are strong, character guys who bleed and fight and battle and protect their brothers-in-arms. But the NHL only draft the talented softies from those countries. Let's face it when they want warriors, it's rare they're going to look at say...Switzerland. But I can't help wondering that the fact that we're not protecting one another and never had for quite a while it's because we have too much of those type of players and that maybe maybe Euros do not have it in them to just go and jump a guy when one of his teamate has been cheap shot. In the last ten years or so the Habs have had trouble with that, I think, standing up for one another. When I saw D'Agostini laying in the corner two games ago, it reenforced that point that we need a cultural change on that team.
We need Jonathan Roy, the kid pummeling the other in your avatar !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
We need Jonathan Roy, the kid pummeling the other in your avatar !
Too gentle.

Old
12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
I agree with you, but Tender is SOFTER than most of EUROPEAN players in the league.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
I agree with you, but Tender is SOFTER than most of EUROPEAN players in the league.
No doubt.