HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

RDS: D'Agostini Called up! Kovalev and Tanguay may be out, Latendresse in

Old
11-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Istvan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
You don't think a rookie(second career game) looking to break into the club brings more to the table than Dandenault?
I think that when Dandenault plays a great game i'm willing to give him credit for it. I think that when Gainey/Carbonneau decide that the rookie is ready he'll be called up.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
I think that when Dandenault plays a great game i'm willing to give him credit for it. I think that when Gainey/Carbonneau decide that the rookie is ready he'll be called up.
That's why you've always been a great poster Istvan. I try to be objective but sometimes get caught up in the romance of new blood. I've only recently really got into criticizing Carbo a little, but your last sentence is also a good defense of Ryan O'byrne, if there was someone better, he'd be playing. People need to think about those things.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:42 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I was looking for a lettle extra from him. Aside a few good game, he has not put himself into our top 3 line. He needs to play bigger.

I think Lats has improved his skating a little... but I'm not sure how much better he will get in that department. It would be nice if the Habs could find a role for him but I don't see him ever fitting on thet top two lines. Lats is physically stronger than D'Ago but D'Ago has way better speed. Kosto, who has been playing on the third line, is physically strong and has good speed but lacks the touch around the net that the others have. The eventual winner for the third line winger will depend on what is needed from that position. At this point, it is hard to argue with having Kosto there.

Laps is using his limited skills in the best way he can but there isn't much upside. He can skate better than Chips and has the annoyance factor going for him but Chips is better in every other department including passing, shooting and hockey sense. Again, whichever one eventually prevails at that position will depend on what the Habs want from a fourth line center.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
You don't think a rookie(second career game) looking to break into the club brings more to the table than Dandenault?
Maybe for one game...but you lose the respect of your veterans if you do that. Coaching in the nHL is not just like chemical experiments, certain things can cause you to lose your veterans as a coach.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:51 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Bad news is Kovalev and Tanguay look to be out for this game.

How quickly they forget...
Kovalev has probably been playing injured for a very very long time and still he's only 2points behind Tanguay.
you are perfectly right
that's bad news, and yes how quickly they forget

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:54 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
oh yes, for sure

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I dare you to find someone here who found that even remotely amusing or interesting

And that sig on top of it is just the cherrie on the sunday for stupidity
Stop being an ass, if you don't like her posts. Don't ****ing read them, or do you need instructions on how to put someone on ignore?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:21 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Threads like this, remind me of RDS
remind me of RDS " TALKBOARD " . pathetic .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't expect him to be up for more than a couple of games. But it's still a nice little reward for his early season success.

Old
11-27-2008, 10:29 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Get of Kovy's nuts people
I must admit that I've yet to stand on Kovy's nuts, but if they drag on the ground, I may be tempted.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Stop being an ass, if you don't like her posts. Don't ****ing read them, or do you need instructions on how to put someone on ignore?
LOL, tell him how it is, H.

Or he'll get the full fury of the abominable ex-mod dwarf. Be-heffin-ware MaxPac.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
LOL, tell him how it is, H.

Or he'll get the full fury of the abominable ex-mod dwarf. Be-heffin-ware MaxPac.

Shut up fool I"m in no mood.

I'm just tired of all the whining and complaining. I also find it to be a waste of time to personally insult someone on the internet. Sometimes I wish I didn't, because there are a lot of ****ing idiots here.

Old
11-27-2008, 10:44 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Kovalev has probably been playing injured for a very very long time and still he's only 2points behind Tanguay.
I was wondering when this old excuse would get dragged out. Magically Kovalev never plays poor and his bad attitude doesn't exist. Thats right if he takes bad penalties, or causes tons of giveaways or drags down his linemates it is one of any number of numerous medical problems.

I remember people saying this in 06/07 and that year Kovalev single handedly killed the team all year but he had a broken foot or vertigo or a hangnail or something. No one is forcing Kovalev to play, this is very early in the season. I am sure if managment knew he was injured they wouldnt let their 4 million dollar player aggravate the injury by playing pointless games.

Quit looking at the stats and start watching the games. if this play keeps up all season we wont have to argue about it anymore because Kovalev wont be coming back next season.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Universe
Patiently waiting.

You just never know until they are actually playing here how good they are so I hope he gets the chance. One game isn't going to kill us having him on the bench.

Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Bad news is Kovalev and Tanguay look to be out for this game.

Heart.. injury?

I cant wait to see what Pleks and A.Kost can do without Kovalev..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 11-27-2008 at 11:08 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:47 PM
habfaninvictoria

Only in Montreal would the "fans" get so excited about a prospect being called up and 2 stars being sidelined. Yes D'Agostini is going to be a good part of this team but come on people give your head a shake. I guarantee you any team we play celebrates if they don't have to deal with Kovalev and Tanguay. D'Agostini is not the answer, no rookie is, or ever should be thought of as any type of saviour. He'll be a good player for us in the FUTURE. If he does play on this call up, look for him to ride the bench and play minimal minutes on the 4th line. Its infuriating to see all this crap being said about players like Kovalev. I'm willing to bet my house that he's had an injury since about the 5th game of the season, and is still one of our leading scorers.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Uber Coca

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
I cant see how its bad news..
You symbolize well what is wrong with our fanbase.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 10:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Only in Montreal would the "fans" get so excited about a prospect being called up and 2 stars being sidelined. Yes D'Agostini is going to be a good part of this team but come on people give your head a shake. I guarantee you any team we play celebrates if they don't have to deal with Kovalev and Tanguay. D'Agostini is not the answer, no rookie is, or ever should be thought of as any type of saviour. He'll be a good player for us in the FUTURE. If he does play on this call up, look for him to ride the bench and play minimal minutes on the 4th line. Its infuriating to see all this crap being said about players like Kovalev. I'm willing to bet my house that he's had an injury since about the 5th game of the season, and is still one of our leading scorers.
When you watch a team play uninspired gutless hockey for 3 weeks or so you tend to get excited to see a rookie come in with some drive and tenacity.

Yeah It's much better watching Kovalev stroll around until he loses the puck than a rookie fight for his chance to be in the NHL.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:01 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
When you watch a team play uninspired gutless hockey for 3 weeks or so you tend to get excited to see a rookie come in with some drive and tenacity.

Yeah It's much better watching Kovalev stroll around until he loses the puck than a rookie fight for his chance to be in the NHL.
You completely missed the point.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:03 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yeah. I'd much rather watch O'Byrne than Kovalev.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:22 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Yeah. I'd much rather watch O'Byrne than Kovalev.
Because Kovalev is playing some amazing hockey right? All stand in awe of Kovalev and his turnovers and the great way he drains powerplay time. But he has a hangnail right?

I bet it will be much more exciting to watch D'ago in the next couple games than it has been watching Kovalev phone it in these last couple weeks.

But sure Habs fans who enjoy watching fresh blood are not true fans and blah blah blah.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:24 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Shut up fool I"m in no mood.

I'm just tired of all the whining and complaining. I also find it to be a waste of time to personally insult someone on the internet. Sometimes I wish I didn't, because there are a lot of ****ing idiots here.
LOL... you sound like me some time ago, y'know, when I was all tooth n' nails against the whiners and I got a lot of of complaints comin my way at that time, remember. After awhile it kinda becomes automatic, you just ignore most of them.

You kinda have to do like with your ML neighbour fan.

Keep it cool Daddy-o. See ya on the upswing.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
LOL... you sound like me some time ago, y'know, when I was all tooth n' nails against the whiners and I got a lot of of complaints comin my way at that time, remember. After awhile it kinda becomes automatic, you just ignore most of them.

You kinda have to do like with your ML neighbour fan.

Keep it cool Daddy-o. See ya on the upswing.
lol...I normally do, I'm just a little pissy today. I'm starting to get some of the estimates for what it's going to cost for my wedding. I'm going to be ****ing bankrupt by the time all of this **** is over with.

Anyways this is going too far OT.

For the poster that wondered why some of us are excited to see D'ago play. For me personally I would much rather have Tanguay and Kovalev in the line up.

But it's always good to shake things up a little bit. I know we just finished playing a very good game against the Wings. But once in awhile it's good to bring up a kid so that the veterans don't get too comfortable.

It's a nice little reward for D'ago's fine play so far. Plus it gives the Habs coaching staff a closer glimpse into how far he's progressed.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
lol...I normally do, I'm just a little pissy today. I'm starting to get some of the estimates for what it's going to cost for my wedding. I'm going to be ****ing bankrupt by the time all of this **** is over with.

Anyways this is going too far OT.

For the poster that wondered why some of us are excited to see D'ago play. For me personally I would much rather have Tanguay and Kovalev in the line up.

But it's always good to shake things up a little bit. I know we just finished playing a very good game against the Wings. But once in awhile it's good to bring up a kid so that the veterans don't get too comfortable.

It's a nice little reward for D'ago's fine play so far. Plus it gives the Habs coaching staff a closer glimpse into how far he's progressed.
What the hell is wrong with society these days??? YOU get to pay for the wedding? What about her father? He should be the one going bankrupt!

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
What the hell is wrong with society these days??? YOU get to pay for the wedding? What about her father? He should be the one going bankrupt!
Yeah I know, and the sad thing is her family has more money than I do. But their ideas and our ideas are a little different. So to save a lot of hassles, I've just decided to pay for it myself.

Their idea: Get married in Russia (Her background is Russian)
Our idea: Turks & Caicos

Sorry everyone...I promise that's my last OT post.