HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Proposal: I want Kovalchuk in Montreal!

Old
11-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Wideman4Norris*

vCash: 500
Your giving up Hamerlik, Markov, or Komisarik without a doubt if you want Kovalchuk no way ATL does the deal without aquiring a top notch Defenseman. Add picks and a Kotsitsyn or Higgins and you might get him. Gainey is stupid if he doesnt make a move for this guy because with all your expiring contracts there is no way in hell your anywhere near as good a team next year.

Was hoping wed reunite him with Savard but I cannot see that happening unless we slump and get suckered in to throwing ATL Lashoff, Wheeler, Sobotka AND picks for a rental player.

Its going to be a team loaded with talent who gets him though, not many teams in the NHL with enough to make Atlanta tradehim and you can rule out any Atlantic or South Least division team because the only good ones NYR and Pittsburg arent in the position to make big trades, look how Pittsburg got stung by Malkin last summer and the Rangers hit the lottery getting Zherdev and Naslund for nothing maybe Philly but I dont htink their young players are good enough. Boston and Montreal are the only teams in the East who can give Atlanta an acceptable return. In the West youve really only got San Jose who could pull it off. Chicago, Calagary and Detroit are stretches really arent many good teams in teh West this year.

Atlanta will trade him at the deadline and they probably wont get that much for him. I think whoever gets this guy will immediately be favorites to lift the cup.

Wideman4Norris* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
To Habs
Kovy

To Thrashers
C Tomas Plekanec
LW Chris Higgins
RW Guillaume Latendresse
D Ryan O'Byrne

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Habs
Kovy

To Thrashers
C Tomas Plekanec
LW Chris Higgins
RW Guillaume Latendresse
D Ryan O'Byrne
Remove Tomas and add D'agostini or a B-prospect and I'm in.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 08:54 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I do not like this idea.
Be specific!You don't like the idea of trading for Kovalchuk or parting ways with the players I named in the original proposal?

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 09:05 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
To Habs
Kovy

To Thrashers
C Tomas Plekanec
LW Chris Higgins
RW Guillaume Latendresse
D Ryan O'Byrne
I think that it's over payment for one player. Look at the Lindros deal, and who one a cup at the end! If that`s what it would take to land him, I`ll pass cause to me no player is worth that much IMHO. It`s a tight for points from 10 place to 20-25th place. Team are very competitive.
Tomas Plekanec should not be traded. He is no Kovalchuk but a Kovalchuk next to him can be deadly. I would like to see a Kovalchuk-Plekanec-Kovalev line

Old
11-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I think that it's over payment for one player. Look at the Lindros deal, and who one a cup at the end! If that`s what it would take to land him, I`ll pass cause to me no player is worth that much IMHO. It`s a tight for points from 10 place to 20-25th place. Team are very competitive.
Tomas Plekanec should not be traded. He is no Kovalchuk but a Kovalchuk next to him can be deadly. I would like to see a Kovalchuk-Plekanec-Kovalev line
The problem with that line would be the number of pucks that are allowed to be used at any one time during a game. Those wingers couldn't always work together for Russia when they had Datsyuk as a centre so I'm sceptical about how those two would do on a line in Montreal.

Personally, I'd rather see Kovalchuk made the go to guy of one line and Kovalev the go to guy on another. That way, we can use AKost either as the go to guy on a third line or try him on the right with Kovalchuk on the left. Put a centre who can pass with those two and watch the puck fly into the other teams net

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:41 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Last year's major ATL deal:

Hossa
Pascal Dupuis

For

Colby Armstrong (21GP, 3G, 5A, 8P,-1)
Erik Christensen (20GP, 1G, 7A, 8P,-7)
Angelo Esposito
1st-round selection in 2008

Yet we have to give up like 4 roster players and picks and prospects? Why?

Higgins is better than Colby or Erik, Esposito has been named a bust, but only time will tell, their 1st round pick was 29th.

Yet weeeeeeeeee have to give up a combination of higgins, latendresse, O'byrne, mcdonagh, kovalev, subban, 1st round picks.

What kind of BS is that?

I agree, Kovalchuk is a great player, and that alone is why they won't trade him. Rather sign him, but what if they can't and he leaves? Well, he's got this year and next year on his contract so they'll worry about it next year, why trade a top player in the league when you have him at a bargain price(6.5 for Kovalchuk is a steal)? They won't trade him, maybe next year, and even then, if they got a that for hossa, why the hell would we trade them a combined 50 or so plus goals a season just from higgins and latendresse? Along with our top d prospect, o'byrne and kovalev?

It's not worth it, that offer is too high, it may be what it takes, but not worth it. Especially since we wouldn't get him this year even if we tried. To get him now, we'd have to blow them out of the water and for a team stockpiling assets, thats the wrong thing to do. Only now have we started to see the picks come in, latendresse, price, d'agostini, sergei all drafted in 2005. Can we wait a bit to throw people out the door when we actually have qualified top 6 forwards to replace them?

Yes, Kovalchuk is a top line player, why wouldn't i go for it(next year)? because who's to say he'd re-sign? I wouldn't trade 3 top 3 forwards for 1 first line player who'll be a rental, no thanks.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:30 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Kovalchuk is a rental and you are ready to give up the bros. plus a first, yikes!
He got another year after this one i think on his contract, i guess it is a 1 3/4 year rental... not bad.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
I always been a big fan of his and last night game he played in TO was what I want in a player. Good size, great hands and wow, after last night game, takes and ditches out his own punishment.(initial check from White was dirty IMOH).
So what do we have to give? He has a cap hit of 6.4, and we have just a little under 2
So I go with this, Atlanta his in sort of a rebuilt and it appears that Kovalchuk will not sign an extant ion. He is a LW sniper. Atlanta would want an NHL players material + assets for him IMHO. So I have 2 Proposal:

1st one: Higgins(the LW in the deal) Latendresse( young NHL player) Bouillon 2 first round pick in 09/2010. To make cap room, put Dandy on waivers(should be enough)

For Kovalchuk and Exalby

#2:The Kostitsyn Bros. I would Have to say That it's only cause they come has a duo. One goes the other seem to have to go with it. and one first round pick in 2010.

Flame away if you don't like it

I don't want Kovalchuk in Montreal because in order to get him through a trade, it would mean breaking the team apart and trading away some of our best players. I would much rather keep the team intact and continue to be competitive every season. If we could get Kovalchuk without giving up any roster players, or if we could get him to sign as a free agent, then great.....but I don't want to trade the whole team to get one player in return.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:36 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
The problem with that line would be the number of pucks that are allowed to be used at any one time during a game. Those wingers couldn't always work together for Russia when they had Datsyuk as a centre so I'm sceptical about how those two would do on a line in Montreal.

Personally, I'd rather see Kovalchuk made the go to guy of one line and Kovalev the go to guy on another. That way, we can use AKost either as the go to guy on a third line or try him on the right with Kovalchuk on the left. Put a centre who can pass with those two and watch the puck fly into the other teams net
You have a good point. But think about ifor a sec. Our PP would look great with Kovys on the right and left and markov at the point with Pleaky down low

Old
11-28-2008, 08:38 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I don't want Kovalchuk in Montreal because in order to get him through a trade, it would mean breaking the team apart and trading away some of our best players. I would much rather keep the team intact and continue to be competitive every season. If we could get Kovalchuk without giving up any roster players, or if we could get him to sign as a free agent, then great.....but I don't want to trade the whole team to get one player in return.
We can`t always wait for players to become free agent.

Old
11-28-2008, 10:23 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't get this. The guy is a superstar, but he's just more of an abundance of what we already have on the team?

I'd rather try to take advantage of Morrow's injury and the state of Dallas. Sure Morrow wouldn't be able to help us this season, but if we could acquire him while he's on the shelf, for cheaper and since Dallas can't win a game, it'd help us contend and bring an element to the team we're direly missing.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
You have a good point. But think about ifor a sec. Our PP would look great with Kovys on the right and left and markov at the point with Pleaky down low
As a PP line, absolutely. With those players out there, chances are good that we'd find some success from one angle or other. The other team would either have to over commit to whoever has the puck/they deem most dangerous or it will open up space for other guys. Even if the other team just let us pass it around the outside, Markov could pass it through a wall, Kovalchuk could shoot it through a wall, Kovalev could stickhandle it round the wall and Plekanec could...

I got nothing. Maybe he could climb it. Or run into it. Or spray paint it. But yes, as a PP unit, I'd love to see what they could create. Even moreso with Saku at centre with his play down low, and him and Kovy working the little redirection plays they used to make.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I don't get this. The guy is a superstar, but he's just more of an abundance of what we already have on the team?

I'd rather try to take advantage of Morrow's injury and the state of Dallas. Sure Morrow wouldn't be able to help us this season, but if we could acquire him while he's on the shelf, for cheaper and since Dallas can't win a game, it'd help us contend and bring an element to the team we're direly missing.
I like Morrow but he is injured and I pretty sure that Dallas loves him, looks like he loves Dallas. He is the Captain, the leader......and if, a big if we where to make a big pitch for that type of player, Doan in Pheonix would be my target.
To say we have planty of Kolvalchuk type of player is way off the chart IMHO. Talented yes but pure sniper.....don't think so

Old
11-28-2008, 10:40 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
As a PP line, absolutely. With those players out there, chances are good that we'd find some success from one angle or other. The other team would either have to over commit to whoever has the puck/they deem most dangerous or it will open up space for other guys. Even if the other team just let us pass it around the outside, Markov could pass it through a wall, Kovalchuk could shoot it through a wall, Kovalev could stickhandle it round the wall and Plekanec could...

I got nothing. Maybe he could climb it. Or run into it. Or spray paint it. But yes, as a PP unit, I'd love to see what they could create. Even moreso with Saku at centre with his play down low, and him and Kovy working the little redirection plays they used to make.
Koivu play at about the same place Kovalev like to be. It's also about keeping Koivu's minutes down a bit cause he looks much better playing 17-18 mins a game apposed to 19-21mins. On some nights sure but I think that Pleaky can do an equal job.

Old
11-29-2008, 12:02 PM
otto bond

Kovalchuk is the guy we need. Please BG, make a pitch and get this guy.

Old
11-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Corey

Quote:
I always been a big fan of his and last night game he played in TO was what I want in a player. Good size, great hands and wow, after last night game, takes and ditches out his own punishment.(initial check from White was dirty IMOH).
So what do we have to give? He has a cap hit of 6.4, and we have just a little under 2
So I go with this, Atlanta his in sort of a rebuilt and it appears that Kovalchuk will not sign an extant ion. He is a LW sniper. Atlanta would want an NHL players material + assets for him IMHO. So I have 2 Proposal:

1st one: Higgins(the LW in the deal) Latendresse( young NHL player) Bouillon 2 first round pick in 09/2010. To make cap room, put Dandy on waivers(should be enough)

For Kovalchuk and Exalby

#2:The Kostitsyn Bros. I would Have to say That it's only cause they come has a duo. One goes the other seem to have to go with it. and one first round pick in 2010.

Certain players just aren't available. Forget about it.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
To get Kovalchuk this is what i see it costing you guys

To Atlanta:

Higgins
Tanguay
S. Kostitsyn
1st
2nd

To the Habs:

Kovalchuk
Exalby

Doesn't make sense..

Tanguay + would probably do to get kovalchuk...

There's no way we trade 1 great and 2 real good roster player for one player...

And I'd want Sergei to play with Kovalchuk anyways

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post

Tanguay + would probably do to get kovalchuk...
Not really.

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Kovalchuk is not just about his offensive talent. The guy plays like he wants to win, with all aspects of his game, he regularly gets into fights. And thats with a sub par team, imagine with a team like the Habs.

I feel a payer like Kovalchuk's place is Montreal, the combination of his talent and the fanbase supporting this team here will make it a perfect combination.

DO IT BOB

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Morrow isn't going anywhere, he's their heart and soul. And Kovalchuk is everything Kovalev should be and he's 10 yrs younger, we don't have any 50g scorers on the roster and no gamebreakers as long as Kovalev sucks ass.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:57 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Morrow isn't going anywhere, he's their heart and soul. And Kovalchuk is everything Kovalev should be and he's 10 yrs younger, we don't have any 50g scorers on the roster and no gamebreakers as long as Kovalev sucks ass.
I would not say that Kovalev sucksass but it sure has been hard this season for him.
Those name like Morrow are great and all but not tradable by their team IMHO so we agree. Kovalchuk is the main guy Bob should target cause from what I see, the Habs are in a position of strength for a trade. Good mix of prospect, players with value and in decent shape in the standing.
It's obvious that this team needs a little some thing and a guy like Kovalchuk could just spark that little something.

Old
12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

For Kovalchuk and Exalby

I like your second option. Might need to add a bit, especially cap-wise, but that's a good base for Atlanta.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I'm surprised no one is including Komisarek in this deal to Atlanta. They would almost definitely want him in there.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Habs_46

Kovalchuk in Montreal tonight!!!!!

sorry had to do it.

Habs_46 is offline   Reply With Quote