HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/28/08 Montreal Canadiens @ Washington Capitals 7:00 PM EST (RDSHD, NHL-N CA)

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
That 8 goal game vs the "Nordiques" was the best habs regular season game of the last century.

No joke.

Right now, who cares... he's a has been.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

No Semin? Very nice for the Habs, sucks for the Caps.

Old
11-27-2008, 11:58 PM
totalrecall

This should be a good game

Old
11-28-2008, 12:05 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Any word yet on when Komisarek is back?

Old
11-28-2008, 12:14 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Well like last week they said at least one month so I'd say not anytime soon.

Old
11-28-2008, 12:38 AM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well like last week they said at least one month so I'd say not anytime soon.
Meh, looking at the D stats since he has been out, no big loss, outside the hits department.

Old
11-28-2008, 12:56 AM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Any word yet on when Komisarek is back?
its been said that it will be around christmas time, 4 to 6 weeks

Old
11-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Habsbullet

We shall win this game and Ovechkin shall not score!

Old
11-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Wait, why is Halak starting? He should be playing Saturday vs. Buffalo. You gotta use your best goalie against your best opponent, Washington is the tougher opponent.
Maybe Carbo just wants to get Halak into a game sooner than later? Perhaps he wants to have Price in net for the divisional game?

I don't think it matters too much which goalie gets which game for the next two, we could win or lose with either in net. It's more a matter of how the guys in front of them play IMO.

Old
11-28-2008, 06:24 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Halak gets both starts.. mark my words.

Old
11-28-2008, 06:47 AM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Halak gets both starts.. mark my words.
Lol, no he's not...

Old
11-28-2008, 07:46 AM
TonyTinglebone

I can't believe I will be missing this game. Why did I sign up to coach a bunch of kids Anyobody know where I can watch a replay of this game? and no I don't want to wait 2 weeks.

Old
11-28-2008, 07:51 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

Lets go Habs

Old
11-28-2008, 07:55 AM
txpd

You guys are getting a holiday gift. The Caps have Morrisonn (their #4 D), Jurcina(their 6) and 4 AHL defensemen in the lineup. They have zero puck moving/pp defensemen left except for the rookie Lepisto.

You should be ashamed if you can't win this game. I was really looking forward to this game, but with this lineup its a joke.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:00 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
You guys are getting a holiday gift. The Caps have Morrisonn (their #4 D), Jurcina(their 6) and 4 AHL defensemen in the lineup. They have zero puck moving/pp defensemen left except for the rookie Lepisto.

You should be ashamed if you can't win this game. I was really looking forward to this game, but with this lineup its a joke.
Habs have some key guys out as well, so its a wash there.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Tuggy

Always fun to face Theodore again.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Pascal

Quote:

Ovechkin can win games by himself

Old
11-28-2008, 08:18 AM
TCIH

Quote:

No offense, but I can't take you seriously if Ovechkin's still in the lineup. His presence alone guarantees that this will be a close game, especially with his past performances against Montreal.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

It's impossible to stop Ovechkin. I'm convinced he'll get at least 1 or 2 goals tonight.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:

That's kind of cheap. I mean: Komisarek, Kovalev, Tanguay and Gorges are rather major absents too. And besides, the Caps have the potential of turning any game to their advantage.

I foresee a Caps victory, honestly. Usually we lack effort after a performance like the one against the Wings. Hope we get one point.

P.S. And forgot about us playing with our backup goalie instead of Price who was very good lately.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:52 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
That's kind of cheap. I mean: Komisarek, Kovalev, Tanguay and Gorges are rather major absents too. And besides, the Caps have the potential of turning any game to their advantage.

I foresee a Caps victory, honestly. Usually we lack effort after a performance like the one against the Wings. Hope we get one point.
Cheap? OK. You realize that the Capitals will have their top 4 defense out all replaced by AHL players? I'll give you that Kovalev and Semin are a wash and Tanguay and Fedorov a wash. Even Komisarek and Green.

But for the Capitals it goes on signifantly. I doubt that Jurcina would dress with Montreal tonight. Then add 4 AHL players to Jurcina. I see that the Habs will dress some real NHL defensemen tonight. I understand Komisarek is a big deal. But you still have Hamrlik, Markov and Boullion for starters.

Lets see. Maybe you are right. Maybe OV will score 5. He has never had a hat trick in successive games, but I suppose its possible.

Old
11-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Tuggy

Aw poor Captial fans

Old
11-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Cheap? OK. You realize that the Capitals will have their top 4 defense out all replaced by AHL players? I'll give you that Kovalev and Semin are a wash and Tanguay and Fedorov a wash. Even Komisarek and Green.

But for the Capitals it goes on signifantly. I doubt that Jurcina would dress with Montreal tonight. Then add 4 AHL players to Jurcina. I see that the Habs will dress some real NHL defensemen tonight. I understand Komisarek is a big deal. But you still have Hamrlik, Markov and Boullion for starters.

Lets see. Maybe you are right. Maybe OV will score 5. He has never had a hat trick in successive games, but I suppose its possible.
See, you rely on fame more then actual performance. Based on this season's performance, Tanguay is ahead of Kovalev (not only on points and offence but in general play) and, surprisingly, Gorges has earned a spot on the first/second pair deing maybe the most improved player of the team (Komisarek was not his usual self either).

Anyway - the discussion is moot. The absence of a key player will sometimes stimulate players to take new roles or generally play better (see Malkin last season) but it can also have the reverse effect. It all comes down to the 60 minutes effort both teams will put out.

What I can say is that, the Caps are not particularly hated here - a defeat from the Caps will hurt our morale less then from, say, the Bruins, the Leafs or the Flyers.

Good luck - I could live with a defeat if I see a Great Ovie Show.

Old
11-28-2008, 09:06 AM
TheCH*

Quote:

Ok ok habs have the better bunch out there tonight and should win easily. I hope you are right!

Old
11-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman03 View Post
I can't believe I will be missing this game. Why did I sign up to coach a bunch of kids Anyobody know where I can watch a replay of this game? and no I don't want to wait 2 weeks.
RDS will present a 1 hour version of the game at 11pm EST tonight. It's pretty much glorified highlights, but you'll get to see most scoring chances and good plays.

Closed Thread