HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ideal Lineup vs Caps

Old
11-28-2008, 10:23 AM
TrueHabsFan

vCash: 500
Ideal Lineup vs Caps

Good morning everyone,

Seeing as Dags has been called up from Hamilton, these are my ideal lineups for tonight.

Without Tanguay:

Koivu, Higgins, Dags
Pleks, AK46, Kovalev
Lang, SK74, Kostop
Lapierre, Begin, Dandy

Without Kovalev

Koivu, Higgins, Tanguay
Pleks, AK46, SK74
Lang, Kosto, Dags
Lapierre Begin, Dandy

Without Both Tanguay and Kovalev

Koivu, Higgins, Dags
Pleks, AK46, SK74
Lang, Kosto, Latendresse
Lapierre Begin Dandy

Its about time D'agostini gets his shot at making the team. He has put his time in in Hamilton , and desrves a fair chance, as did Latendresse to stay on this team. I would leave Latendresse in the stands if Kovalev or Tanguay cannot play. The team has played better without him, and have been on a decent run the last 3 games.

TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:27 AM
TheCH*

Just wondering, why do you have guys playing center that don't play center?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:29 AM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Is it so hard to understand that i put the centers first? Does it really matter? Wow!!!!

Old
11-28-2008, 10:30 AM
Tortue

Quote:

Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:30 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHabsFan View Post
Is it so hard to understand that i put the centers first? Does it really matter? Wow!!!!
PMS? Geeze, the guy was just asking a question.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Tortue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
PMS? Geeze, the guy was just asking a question.
The guy could also for some odd reason notice that all the centers were on the left side.

Tortue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:34 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Sorry, logically you would pencil in centers in the middle. But anyway, carry on with your rage..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:36 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortue View Post
The guy could also for some odd reason notice that all the centers were on the left side.
The guy just wasn't focused. Your "" is appropriate, but no need to be mad at him.

Old
11-28-2008, 10:40 AM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Sorry, logically you would pencil in centers in the middle. But anyway, carry on with your rage..
Sorry Ch, i didnt want to make things to complicated for you, the next time ill poste ill remember to put the centers in the middle. Thank you.

Old
11-28-2008, 10:42 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

Seeing as Dags has been called up from Hamilton, these are my ideal lineups for tonight.

Without Tanguay:

Koivu, Higgins, Dags
Pleks, AK46, Kovalev
Lang, SK74, Kostop
Lapierre, Begin, Dandy

Without Kovalev

Koivu, Higgins, Tanguay
Pleks, AK46, SK74
Lang, Kosto, Dags
Lapierre Begin, Dandy

Without Both Tanguay and Kovalev

Koivu, Higgins, Dags
Pleks, AK46, SK74
Lang, Kosto, Latendresse
Lapierre Begin Dandy

Its about time D'agostini gets his shot at making the team. He has put his time in in Hamilton , and desrves a fair chance, as did Latendresse to stay on this team. I would leave Latendresse in the stands if Kovalev or Tanguay cannot play. The team has played better without him, and have been on a decent run the last 3 games.
Why would you sit Lats if one of Kovalev or Tanguay is healthy? He had one of his best game before getting hurt. Is it because, if we can, you want him to heal more then less?

Old
11-28-2008, 10:45 AM
33Roy33

If Tangs is out, I would love to see Kosto in with Koivu and Higgins, I thought he played really well there after Tanguay left the game.

33Roy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:48 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Why would you sit Lats if one of Kovalev or Tanguay is healthy? He had one of his best game before getting hurt. Is it because, if we can, you want him to heal more then less?
Lats is healthy. Carbo said if he wants to play he needs to skate better. The guy is already giving 110%, so you figure it out.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:58 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
Lats is healthy. Carbo said if he wants to play he needs to skate better. The guy is already giving 110%, so you figure it out.
Are you serious? I was pretty sure that he was injured. Do you have a link? If it's true, it's, in my opinion, a pretty stupid move by Carbo.

Old
11-28-2008, 10:59 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Are you serious? I was pretty sure that he was injured. Do you have a link? If it's true, it's, in my opinion, a pretty stupid move by Carbo.
http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70313827
"«Je suis remis et je suis prêt à jouer. Je l’étais hier (mercredi). Mais i je me fie à la façon de faire depuis le début de l’année, je ne m’attends pas à jouer. Guy ne change pas les combinaisons gagnantes et je ne vois pas pourquoi il le ferait après une si grosse victoire. Je pense que ma présence va dépendre de l’état de santé des blessés», a indiqué le jeune attaquant québécois."

Old
11-28-2008, 11:00 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Stupid if you're a Lats fan, not if you're trying to win games. Wether the habs play forecheck or a transition based trap, you need agile skaters.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:02 AM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Making sure he is healthy is not the problem, actually having NHL talent is the problem, and he unfortunately has a lack of talent.

Since when did scoring 16 goals in the NHL become a big thing. Regardless of his age, he has shown no progress. His team came out this year and actually admitting to his skating difficulties. Carbo stated this week that he has to learn how to skate better. He has the second worst shooting percentage on the team. And he injured his shoulder last week wehn he was destroyed by a bodycheck. So much for the big body presence.

The Habs are starting to slowly admit they made a mistake with Gui, he was a healthy scratch Wednesday, he has been given less power play time, if any at all, and was even relegated to the 4th line for a few games. If D'Agostini can live to the hype everyone is putting on him, i believe he might soon replace Latendresse. IF he can perform.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:02 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Stupid if you're a Lats fan, not if you're trying to win games. Wether the habs play forecheck or a transition based trap, you need agile skaters.
Ah ok, I think it's just a typical case of a player that feels he's ready, but the coach wants him to be at 100%. Latendresse is not good enough to justify him coming back without his full capacity.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:06 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Making sure he is healthy is not the problem, actually having NHL talent is the problem, and he unfortunately has a lack of talent.

Since when did scoring 16 goals in the NHL become a big thing. Regardless of his age, he has shown no progress. His team came out this year and actually admitting to his skating difficulties. Carbo stated this week that he has to learn how to skate better. He has the second worst shooting percentage on the team. And he injured his shoulder last week wehn he was destroyed by a bodycheck. So much for the big body presence.

The Habs are starting to slowly admit they made a mistake with Gui, he was a healthy scratch Wednesday, he has been given less power play time, if any at all, and was even relegated to the 4th line for a few games. If D'Agostini can live to the hype everyone is putting on him, i believe he might soon replace Latendresse. IF he can perform.
Typical Latendresse bashing. Completely ignoring the countless number of example where big guys like him take time to develop. Always putting the new guy ahead of Latendresse. But like always it's like talking to air and you'll probably ignore the evidence.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:12 AM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Typical Latendresse bashing. Completely ignoring the countless number of example where big guys like him take time to develop. Always putting the new guy ahead of Latendresse. But like always it's like talking to air and you'll probably ignore the evidence.
Provide us with evidence. We keep using his age as an excuse. He was 19 years old. 20 years old. 21 years old. He has played 2 and 1/4 seasons. No improvement. He needed to take skating lessons at 21 years old. He is on pace for less goals and more points this year. We keep saying he is this fabulous goal scorer but where. He has the second lowest shooting percentage on the team. Thats what you call great hands. If Guillaume Latendresse's name was Ryan White he would have been gone a long time ago. Dont Forget That

Old
11-28-2008, 11:13 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
I'm actually really objective with him since he got here. Deficient skating in the new NHL doesn't cut it. I blame his minor league coaches. He would have been on my team in the 90's had I been GM, but he just flat out lacks mobility, which is too bad because his attitude is great, and he has size and a great shot.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:21 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Provide us with evidence. We keep using his age as an excuse. He was 19 years old. 20 years old. 21 years old. He has played 2 and 1/4 seasons. No improvement. He needed to take skating lessons at 21 years old. He is on pace for less goals and more points this year. We keep saying he is this fabulous goal scorer but where. He has the second lowest shooting percentage on the team. Thats what you call great hands. If Guillaume Latendresse's name was Ryan White he would have been gone a long time ago. Dont Forget That
You want evidence? Iginla, Thorton, Leclaire... (the list is long, want more?)

His age IS a factor, why would I ignore it? It takes TIME. You know what time is?

Quote:
I'm actually really objective with him since he got here. Deficient skating in the new NHL doesn't cut it. I blame his minor league coaches. He would have been on my team in the 90's had I been GM, but he just flat out lacks mobility, which is too bad because his attitude is great, and he has size and a great shot.
His straight line speed is ok. He didn't improve it much from last year. But his lateral movements, although still deficient, were improved from last year. He needs time. As of now, he can be an effective player when on a line that helps his deficiencies. He was effective on the first line. He can be effective in front of the net during PP. Sorry, but he is NHL material, but not a good 2 way player and very dependant on line mates.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:26 AM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
You want evidence? Iginla, Thorton, Leclaire (the list is long, want more?)...

His age IS a factor, why would I ignore it? It takes TIME. You know what time is?

His straight line speed is ok. He didn't improve it much from last year. But his lateral movement, although still deficient, where improved from last year. He needs time. As of now, he can be an effective player when on a line that helps his deficiencies. He was effective on the first line. He can be effective in front of the net during PP. Sorry, but he is NHL material, but not a good 2 way player and very dependant on line mates.

You have to be kidding me. He is nowhere near the talent of the guys you mentioned. He is dependant on line mates that do not need him to play their game. NHL material, I would rather have Pierre Dagenais on my team. At least he might score a shootout goal for us. Dagenais had more Goals per Game than Latendresse, yet Dagenais wasn't a fan favorite in Montreal. Truth being, i cannot wait for Guillaumes contract to expire. Because he will either a) not be re-signed or b) traded before his contract comes up. (if someone would take a chance on him). You read it here first. He was Carbo's little pet project that never panned out, and unfortunately we have to deal with him for the whole year.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:30 AM
zurg999

Quote:

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:31 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
You want evidence? Iginla, Thorton, Leclaire... (the list is long, want more?)

His straight line speed is ok. He didn't improve it much from last year. But his lateral movements, although still deficient, were improved from last year. He needs time. As of now, he can be an effective player when on a line that helps his deficiencies. He was effective on the first line. He can be effective in front of the net during PP. Sorry, but he is NHL material, but not a good 2 way player and very dependant on line mates.
It's a skater's league now. Not just straight line speed. 99% of players can out-maneuver him, I don't see how that can improve at his age. NHL "2.0" = movement. Give me 22 Kostopoulos' and Higgins'. The idea is to help the team, not Latendresse.

Old
11-28-2008, 11:36 AM
zurg999

Quote:
I think management is a lot smarter than that. Can you honestly say you don't see progression in his game? That he doesn't have a decent set of hands? That his hitting, defensive awareness, decision making etc. haven't shown tremendous improvement, even from last year.

Go stare at a scoresheet. I'm glad this management won't give up on young players as readily as some posters here.

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote