HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stupid question, but need some help

Old
11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Wingsrule

vCash: 500
Stupid question, but need some help

I can't determine how long I have had my current pair of skates. They are a pair of Baur Supreme 6000. Googling info doesn't seem to be helping me at all. Trying to determine when these were being produced. I absolutely love them, but they are showing so wear. I am not sure what level of skate they even are, but they have been one of the best pair I have owned. Thanks for the help.

Wingsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
TonyTinglebone

If I remember correctly they were top of the line, were available before the release of the Vapor line.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 02:19 PM
noobman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsrule View Post
I can't determine how long I have had my current pair of skates. They are a pair of Baur Supreme 6000. Googling info doesn't seem to be helping me at all. Trying to determine when these were being produced. I absolutely love them, but they are showing so wear. I am not sure what level of skate they even are, but they have been one of the best pair I have owned. Thanks for the help.
Those were pretty high-end models. I remember purchasing a pair of Bauer Supreme 3000s around the same that the 6000 series was around. I think those skates were made somewhere in the 2000-2002 timeframe.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Wingsrule

Thanks for the help guys. I am guessing they are about 5 years old now

Wingsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsrule View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I am guessing they are about 5 years old now
I have you beat! Have my Bauer 4000 now for 15 years. Best skates ever. But here's a thought, why not just have a new set of blades put on and keep the same boot! It cheaper then buying new skates and the boot's already broken in.

Head coach.

Last edited by Headcoach: 11-28-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 12:29 PM
TonyTinglebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcoach View Post
I have you beat! Have my Bauer 4000 now for 15 years. Best skates ever. But here's a thought, why not just have a new set of blades put and and keep the same boot! It cheaper then buying new skates and the boot's already broken in.

Head coach.
Haha, I have my Bauer 3000's still! about 8 years old. Already replaced the blades 4 times and am running out of places to rivet my TUUK back to the boot.

TonyTinglebone is offline   Reply With Quote