HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT - Habs Shutout by Theo and the Caps

Old
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I would like to see Sergei benched while D'agostini gets a game in. This team needs a spark and needs some internal competition.
yeah cause that's why we lost, because of him

id

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
NewHabsEra*

Shame..

at least we know that DAgo will play tommorrow, thats the good news..

After tonight, Im so disgusted, so frustrated that I dont know if I care anymore.. I will never accept to see my team play without emotion, fans deserve better.. I cant stand too see Kovalev hurting this team anymore. he doesnt play with any emotion, drags the team down just with his attitude on the ice..

Im frustrated but I dont know if Im gonna endure it any longer..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:33 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
What a joke.

HORRIBLE Defence by our defencemen. Have they forgotten how to play hockey?????

Bullion with a bonehead move gives them a goal.

OB AGAIN with a bad play takes himself out of position, Lappy with no hustle and the Caps score their 2nd goal.

Markov makes a bad play then takes a penalty. Then Kovy cannot get the puck off anyone for how long? Its like watching little league players play defence. Then the Caps score their 3rd goal

Then Carbo surely must have lost his mind. we get a late game PP and who is on the PP. Begin, Lappy and Dandy. ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

And the Caps had how many defencemen called up from the minors in their lineup ? And we score how many goals off them?

Unbelievable.
this a sane and perfect description of the game.

Old
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

How long before there is a trade about how wrong was Gainey when he trade Theo?

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
yeah cause that's why we lost, because of him

id
it's not just him that needs a wake up call.

Has SK really done anything relevent this season?

Hoping he picks it up soon.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
Caps showed us what happens when you play a full 60 mins of hockey
how did they do this? They took the entire 2nd off. Theodore saved their ass.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:35 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
to whoever said he'd like to see what this team can do with a real coach.. the finished first in the East last year, and surprise, it was with the same coach they have now.

the problem is within the players and has nothing to do with Carbo UNLESS he somehow pissed them all off before the season started. Or it's just a really bad patch and they will improve.. they didn't start playing last year until the Xmas games.
Exactly....simpleton approach is to blame the coach. TOOOOOO many of our so-called scorers are not stepping up. And some of them don't bring anything else to the table if they're not scoring...not good. AK and SK are currently, crap. Kovalev, although not scoring at the merciful least is on the PK.

Higgins, Koivu and Lang are at the least working their butts off. The aforementioned Eastern-block guys are dragging this team down atm.

Do not blame Carbo if these bums are all playing like Samsonov clones.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
superstar436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
What do we expect when Kosto is on 1st, Begin on 2nd, A.Kost on 4th, Begin/Lappy/Dandy play on PP, and Plek/Kovy are benched.

I understand he wants to shake things up a bit, but he does something different every game.

I'm really fed up with his coaching methods. Good thing for him my opinion matters very little.
that 4th line on the PP was a message

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Price4Prez

Wow, we suck HARD! I hate the way the team is playing these players are horrendous.

Higgins, the Kostitsyns, OByrne, Lang. Get rid of these losers! Honestly, if we want to win any game we need players with character, these players have none, or very little.

Trade them and get a 4th D and a couple forwards who will play hard every night!

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Come on. Washington could've laid a two by four on the ice and we wouldnt have scored. Everything was along the ice and we had no finishing in the slot whatsoever. Theo was not challenged.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You're right, a coaches job is not to communicate to his players, implement a successful strategy and system. He's certainly not supposed to get the most out of his team and he definitely should not be able to get through and send a message.
I'm sure Carbo's message has been to give an effort 1 game out of 3. In the end it's up to the players to do the job.

The only way Carbo is the problem, like I said, is if he lost the locker room. To me it seems like there's a cancer on the team given how they are playing. It reminds me of when the players of old wanted to get a coach fired..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Stradale

I blame Carbo on this one.

Its not normal that the team is playing like this and Carbo thought by adding Kosto, with Saku will help the line to score goals? Andrei with Lap and Begin will help Andrei? etc etc.. i know the team was playing like **** but he's the coach, hes the one to find the solution, to find the spark and weaken all your lines is not the way.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:36 PM
NHLcrazy

Where's Gainey??? He needs to speak. This team needs something...anything. It's getting embarrassing honestly.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
What a disaster.

I fully expect AK46 to be in the pressbox tomorrow...

The ATAK line hasn't worked all season, and after week apart Carbo thinks the magic will return?

Kostopoulos on the 1st line, Begin on the 2nd... what do you mean we got shutout by an injury ravaged team and Jose Theodore?
This would be the ****ing cherry on the Sunday for me. The most moronic gesture by Carbo. Hopefully it won't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Management needs to step in and do something here.

A team meeting with Gainey.
A trade.
Waive dead weight (which would be hard right now because our dead weight are the only ones trying right now)

I don't care what it is, but this team needs an enema. We're past the 1/4 pt, time to stop ****ing around.

And if Carbo really wants to send a message D'Agostini will be in the lineup tomorrow. Who's out? Take your pick. These guys have to know ice time is earned, it isn't a right.
When one line is carrying the team who's supposed to have three effing offensive lines (Koivu-tanguay), you would expect this kind of game when Tanguay is out.

I'd gladly take BG behind the bench. I'm running out of patience with Carbo. He's just as much of a ********* behind the bench as he is in real life.

Quote:
More and more looks like we've been duped. We expected big things, we've not gotten it. Maybe we all should just lower our expectations and see that we're a team with a lot of talent, a bad coach, no pride, no work ethic and we're going to make the play-offs and see a first or second round exit.
This is unacceptable.

Can't believe that Plekanec became the worst perimeter player in just a summer.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
The Kovalev-AKost-Plex line hasn't worked all season. Isn't even close to working. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Carbo will however make the line work one way or another... Sure it's a question of effort, but Kovalev flirting with 36 is just not the same player anymore. Yes one year can make a big difference at that age. I guess Carbo sees AKost and Plex as Kovalev's two testicules. If Kovalev goes down, so will the 2 others.
I think that's the definition of insanity.

Either way...

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
it's not just him that needs a wake up call.

Has SK really done anything relevent this season?

Hoping he picks it up soon.
he plays on the 3rd line, passes, kills penalties, pp

why should he take the blame when we all know that he is not the problem

Old
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
That is accurate.

We did in fact put in one good period...and Theodore played spectacular.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:38 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Where's Gainey??? He needs to speak. This team needs something...anything. It's getting embarrassing honestly.
He first has to do what he is paid for.. Trade Kovalev away from this team as fast as possible and bring back more youth that will be hungry and happy to play at this level...

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
You're right, a coaches job is not to communicate to his players, implement a successful strategy and system. He's certainly not supposed to get the most out of his team and he definitely should not be able to get through and send a message.
When Steve Begin has 15:39 of ice time...he either had the game of his life, or the Habs have lost.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Gainey will step in sooner than later. That I'm pretty sure of.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
The Kovalev-AKost-Plex line hasn't worked all season. Isn't even close to working. The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Were talking about the same guy who kept Samsonov-Plekanec-Kovalev together for 43 games.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
To add to that, Carbo had Andrei on a different line just a few games ago and he put a string of good performances together. And then he gets put back on that line again. I can understand Carbo having belief in that line after last year and him wanting to get it to work again, but you gotta wonder, at what point will he call it quits and stop waiting for that line to click this year?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Magic33

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
that 4th line on the PP was a message
A very deserved message. If anyone deserves to be rewarded with ice time right now, it is the members of the 4th line. I dont care how un-skilled they are, they come to play every night. I would rather have a first line of Dandy/Laps/Begin that never scores but works their tale off, then have guys like Plecks/Kovalev who float all game long.

These guys are Pro's. Yes Carbo needs to motivate them, but only to a certain extent. If these guys cant go out every night and be motivated to win, then they are the problem, not Carbo. In the end, Kovalev and company are skating on the ice, not Carbo.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Can't believe that Plekanec became the worst perimeter player in just a summer.
I'm really worried about him. It seems to me that he realized in the playoffs last year that playing hockey could hurt a little.....Since then, he doesn't want to pay the price.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 08:44 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
A very deserved message. If anyone deserves to be rewarded with ice time right now, it is the members of the 4th line. I dont care how un-skilled they are, they come to play every night. I would rather have a first line of Dandy/Laps/Begin that never scores but works their tale off, then have guys like Plecks/Kovalev who float all game long.

These guys are Pro's. Yes Carbo needs to motivate them, but only to a certain extent. If these guys cant go out every night and be motivated to win, then they are the problem, not Carbo. In the end, Kovalev and company are skating on the ice, not Carbo.
Plekanec isn't floating at all, he is playing like garbage, but he isn't floating. With Plekanec playing so bad I am not suprised that Kovalev is taking a hit from it as well.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote