HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Honestly disapointed by Habs fan(Dogs related)

Old
11-28-2008, 02:55 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500
I would've gone for sure, but i wanna keep my first Bell Center experience for the Habs (Dec 4!!). Too bad the Dogs' game is Nov 30th.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:23 PM
DaHabMan

can anyone tell me where the schedule for dogs game at the bell centre is? cause i cant find it and i definately wanna go. I cant on sundays though i work till 9.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:25 PM
DaHabMan

oops ok i just read that this is the only game in mtl, ****!!!

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:28 PM
kostitsyn1489

Yeah there's one game per year and it's way enough it seems, if there would be like 15k people or more every game they'd play here more often, but the crowd is about th same as in Hamilton so it doesnt really wort playing more games here.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:30 PM
11alias11

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
You want disapointed...what the hell is wrong with the fans in Hamilton?

They cant even come close to 10 000 a game and its their team.
You do realize the average attendance for the last 3 seasons in the AHL is 5,565 right? Hamilton sold out season tickets in 3 days for a team that didn't even exist when Balsille was planning on buying the Predators.

11alias11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Well we are now. You really have nerve railing on people and telling them how to spend their money with so many people losing jobs and Xmas around the corner.
Um....unemployment went down in Quebec in October. The economy added 500 jobs. We're in a financial crisis, not a jobs crisis.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Um....unemployment went down in Quebec in October. The economy added 500 jobs. We're in a financial crisis, not a jobs crisis.
IT'S A CRISIS.... stop making sense... they said on the tv I should be REALLY worried

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:51 PM
deandebean

It's called having something else to do during the weekends. Like taking my son to his hockey games (they play in the evenings being bantam), like taking my daughter to her synchro swimming training camp. And taking care of the other half. No time for AHL hockey. And I assume it's like that for most Montrealers (even if I'm not one).

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:54 PM
deandebean

There's no crisis. Stop with the panic stuff. It's a financial market related crisis. Nothing else. Us, in the media sales business, are the first ones to experience a crisis when there's one. And right now, there's nothing except people panicking because they can only read headlines. Our media sales are up by 7% in November. Far from being a crisis. And our December projections are on target.

The crisis in Canada, specially here in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, is not even close to coming right now. I've talked to René Vézina, a prominent economic analyst with le journal Les Affaires, and he believes Canada won't feel the bulk of a recession (if there's one) before this summer. The media is harping about a financial crisis, but it's a market related crisis as of now. It could all change, but not for now.

I've been to the shopping centers here and elsewhere and, believe me, there's nothing going. The shops are full.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:06 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
It's called having something else to do during the weekends. Like taking my son to his hockey games (they play in the evenings being bantam), like taking my daughter to her synchro swimming training camp. And taking care of the other half. No time for AHL hockey. And I assume it's like that for most Montrealers (even if I'm not one).
As Archie once said to Edith, you got no control over the goings on in your house do you ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:28 PM
kostitsyn1489

You guys really missed the point it's not about having something else to do. They could sell 35k tickets every game if there were enough seats for Montreal Canadiens and they cant sell 10k for 1 Bulldogs game.

I agree there was no advertising, but financial crisis has little thing to do when the ticket price is the same as a movie ticket. I dont think people stopped going watch movies in bunches cause of the financial crisis.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:39 PM
yoteshot

My father wanted to go there with me but damn, I'm working all day on Sunday, so I won't be able to go...

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:40 PM
R4lph B4ckstrom

I did not know about this game...

Because of this thread I just bought two tickets. Section 105.

lol

R4lph B4ckstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:14 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
There's no crisis. Stop with the panic stuff. It's a financial market related crisis. Nothing else. Us, in the media sales business, are the first ones to experience a crisis when there's one. And right now, there's nothing except people panicking because they can only read headlines. Our media sales are up by 7% in November. Far from being a crisis. And our December projections are on target.

The crisis in Canada, specially here in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, is not even close to coming right now. I've talked to René Vézina, a prominent economic analyst with le journal Les Affaires, and he believes Canada won't feel the bulk of a recession (if there's one) before this summer. The media is harping about a financial crisis, but it's a market related crisis as of now. It could all change, but not for now.

I've been to the shopping centers here and elsewhere and, believe me, there's nothing going. The shops are full.
I see that the crisis got to you as well

Old
11-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Woland

I've got a soccer game on Sunday + crazy exams coming up

I'd love to go but it won't happen

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
CanadaIsHockey

I had no clue about this game, no advertising at all.

Now that I know, I'm trying to organize somethign with a few friends to go watch it.
We are 4 so far.

CanadaIsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 06:12 PM
mrCoffea*

I didn't even know this was happening

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Chomsky

RDS just pimped the game, it should help the attendance. HOpefully.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:49 PM
zzoo

OMG, to buy online, they charge $9.25 per ticket for services fee. Beside buying ticket online and at Centre Bell, could we buy via phone ? Do you know the phone number ?
Or is there any other website selling ticket ?

Thank you.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
You want disapointed...what the hell is wrong with the fans in Hamilton?

They cant even come close to 10 000 a game and its their team.
Hamilton is mid-pack in AHL attendance, but I can give you two major reasons.

1- A lot of people in Hamilton feel they deserve a NHL club and won't support anything less.

2- You drop Montreal's farm team in the heart of LeafNation, what did you think was going to happen?

Picture the Toronto Maple Leafs farm club moving to Laval Quebec. How many people would be at those games?

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:30 PM
11alias11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Hamilton is mid-pack in AHL attendance, but I can give you two major reasons.

1- A lot of people in Hamilton feel they deserve a NHL club and won't support anything less.

2- You drop Montreal's farm team in the heart of LeafNation, what did you think was going to happen?

Picture the Toronto Maple Leafs farm club moving to Laval Quebec. How many people would be at those games?

There are plenty of habs fans in Hamilton, and I know plenty of Leaf fans that go to Bulldog games. Look at the Marlies. They are the Leafs farm club IN TORONTO and the Bulldogs have better attendance.

11alias11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alias11 View Post
There are plenty of habs fans in Hamilton, and I know plenty of Leaf fans that go to Bulldog games. Look at the Marlies. They are the Leafs farm club IN TORONTO and the Bulldogs have better attendance.

........... and your point is?

Unlike the person I first quoted I'm saying the Bulldogs numbers aren't that bad. Your Marlies comment is a good comparison.

The person I quoted asked why there isn't 10,000 at every game, I simply stated two of the biggest reasons.

Don't believe the hype about southern Ontario being such a great hockey region. A great Maple Leaf region? Yes. But a great hockey region? No, plenty of failed and/or failing teams can attest to that.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Hawerchuk9

I bought my tickets a while ago so I'll be there! Can't wait to see the young guys.

Hawerchuk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:50 PM
limelight

They really should have advertised this game better. Like if you want to see a winning product, 2nd in it's conference and 2nd overall in GF. And especially after watching such a depressing game light the one tonight, watching the game on Sunday will be like a breath of fresh-air.

limelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 11:01 PM
HFXMooseHabs

I'd love to go to a Bulldogs game but the AHL left Halifax 15 years ago.

HFXMooseHabs is offline   Reply With Quote