HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Honestly disapointed by Habs fan(Dogs related)

Old
11-28-2008, 11:51 PM
11alias11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
........... and your point is?

Unlike the person I first quoted I'm saying the Bulldogs numbers aren't that bad. Your Marlies comment is a good comparison.

The person I quoted asked why there isn't 10,000 at every game, I simply stated two of the biggest reasons.

Don't believe the hype about southern Ontario being such a great hockey region. A great Maple Leaf region? Yes. But a great hockey region? No, plenty of failed and/or failing teams can attest to that.
My point was that Hamilton is not the heart of Leaf nation. The reason why they don't sell 10,000 tickets is because no AHL team anywhere sells 10,000 tickets during the regular season. It's the AHL.

And about the region....Hamilton has always had a hockey team mostly in the AHL and before that junior teams and as I mentioned earlier we sold out in 3 days for a team that didn't exist. Not sure where you're getting your info, but if you're lumping Hamilton into the rest of the Southern Ontario hockey market you're wrong.

11alias11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:22 AM
#2eddieshore

im definitely going.

will get my tickets from the box office tomorrow.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:40 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

I won't be surprised if the game has a lousy turnout. Montreal is filled with bandwagon fans who only go to Habs' games because it's the "in" thing to do. These "fans" know absolutely nothing about the game, and most likely don't even know who our farm team is. It's too bad really... I mean, the Bulldogs are the Canadiens' future, and we should be cheer for them just as hard as we cheer for the Habs.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Hamilton is mid-pack in AHL attendance, but I can give you two major reasons.

1- A lot of people in Hamilton feel they deserve a NHL club and won't support anything less.

2- You drop Montreal's farm team in the heart of LeafNation, what did you think was going to happen?

Picture the Toronto Maple Leafs farm club moving to Laval Quebec. How many people would be at those games?
1) Nobody wants to go to downtown Hamilton 41 times a year.
2) Their promotions SUCK.

/story

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:20 AM
Toro

I live in Windsor, you can't get much more southern Ontario that that and I have been to Hamilton to see the Bulldogs. The downtown didn't seem bad There are plenty of Habs fans in southern Ontario.

As for the Bulldog game in Montreal, I too can't understand why the game doesn't get more exposure, especially when the team is doing as good as it is. If the game was advertised a little more maybe? But to tell you the truth, i have known about it for a while, can't believe people that live in montreal and post here didn't know about it...If thats the case, how is the regular run of the mill fan going to know about it?

seriously if both the Habs and Dogs were from Windsor(dreaming i know) i would probably go to more Dogs games than Habs games $$$. That way I could go to more games for my dollars. Of Course I would still watch the Habs on my Center ice and go the odd game.

As it stands now, i buy the Hamilton online package, Center Ice, RDS all the sports channels including Leafs TV just so I don't miss any of my teams games or my country's games as Leafs TV sometimes have tourney exhibition games. Recession crisis come and go, it don't mean nuthin cause im not missing Hockey.

Last edited by Toro: 11-29-2008 at 03:30 AM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:29 AM
dre2112

If it bothers the OP so much, then go buy the rest of the ****ing tickets. No one wants to watch a hockey game full of players that will more than likely never play more than 10 games in the NHL.

It's nice that some people care about our young players, but let's be realistic. If they were good and worth watching, they;d be in the Habs lineup already.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
If it bothers the OP so much, then go buy the rest of the ****ing tickets. No one wants to watch a hockey game full of players that will more than likely never play more than 10 games in the NHL.

It's nice that some people care about our young players, but let's be realistic. If they were good and worth watching, they;d be in the Habs lineup already.
are you for real??

cause there are players on the Bulldogs that have shot your statement's to ribbons already...

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:41 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:

Ok, man you're dump. Silverbacks have what 1 or 2 players that might make the NHL every year still it's not empty for the games.

Hell what is the percentage of NCAA football player that will make it to the NHL? Not too high, still it might be even more popular then the NFL is. Honestly your comment is the clueless thing ive ever read on this board and i visit the habs board everyday.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:05 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
At least the Dogs are good, optimism for the future.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Pascal

i love paying 18.50 of "Service charges" on 38.00 tickets, plus 7.00 of "Delivery charges" when i go pick it up myself. What a ripoff. No thanks.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:46 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Let's see. Higgins, Pleks, Komisarek, Kostitsyn1, Kostitsyn2, Price, Halak, Lappy, Bouillon, Begin, BGL, O'Byrne, all spent time in Hamilton. Every player on our team played at some games in the AHL except Koivu, Hammer, Lang and Lats (Hammer and Lang played some in the IHL)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Never heard about it over here. Maybe the promotion just wasn't there.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

I was suppose to go but for family reasons I had to change my plan... I was there 2 years ago and it was fun... I would have like to see MaxPac

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I just got the info that approx. 4 000 only were sold while almost 6 000 tickets were given during different promotions and/or occasions...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Never heard about it over here. Maybe the promotion just wasn't there.
There was some adds in Lapresse and JdM. Also on the internet. Not much else (and only 4k sold...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Ok, man you're dump. Silverbacks have what 1 or 2 players that might make the NHL every year still it's not empty for the games.

Hell what is the percentage of NCAA football player that will make it to the NHL?
Not too high, still it might be even more popular then the NFL is. Honestly your comment is the clueless thing ive ever read on this board and i visit the habs board everyday.
Near 0 I would say
But some lucky NHL player can make it to the NFL
http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...to_big_leagues

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:40 AM
kostitsyn1489

Yeah, NFL, but still 0 isnt far either.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11alias11 View Post
My point was that Hamilton is not the heart of Leaf nation. The reason why they don't sell 10,000 tickets is because no AHL team anywhere sells 10,000 tickets during the regular season. It's the AHL.

And about the region....Hamilton has always had a hockey team mostly in the AHL and before that junior teams and as I mentioned earlier we sold out in 3 days for a team that didn't exist. Not sure where you're getting your info, but if you're lumping Hamilton into the rest of the Southern Ontario hockey market you're wrong.
Hamilton did sell out reservations for season tickets in 3 days. Which exactly proves my first statement, there are a lot of people in Hamilton who feel that they deserve a NHL club and will support nothing less.

Hamilton has done a wonderful job of supporting fantasies that don't exist. It's just to bad that they didn't support actual teams as well.

There is a reason there are teams in the former team category that went by the names Steelhawks, Dukes, Canucks, and Bulldogs (the Edmonton version).

I agree with you that anyone expecting 10,000 a night is a little out there and should probably look at the overall league attendance before making such statements but I really wopuld like to see the Dogs reach 4,000 on weekdays and 7,000 on weekends.

Numbers like that would jump the club up to about 5th to 8th overall in league attendance but with the economy today I won't be holding my breath.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I just got the info that approx. 4 000 only were sold while almost 6 000 tickets were given during different promotions and/or occasions...
lol gosh. 6k???? Wow.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:44 AM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can somebody help me? I'm wondering, if I take "club" section tickets, is it like the Desjardins section for Habs game with free food?

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Can somebody help me? I'm wondering, if I take "club" section tickets, is it like the Desjardins section for Habs game with free food?
No. Only for Habs game. I'm 100% sure....I've got good sources...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Originalsix

Still disappointed? There were 14,400 fans at the Bell Center today for the Dogs game. Unfortunately for all of them, the Dogs couldn't stay out of the box and lost.

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Templeton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I won't be surprised if the game has a lousy turnout. Montreal is filled with bandwagon fans who only go to Habs' games because it's the "in" thing to do. These "fans" know absolutely nothing about the game, and most likely don't even know who our farm team is. It's too bad really... I mean, the Bulldogs are the Canadiens' future, and we should be cheer for them just as hard as we cheer for the Habs.

14000. It's funny how "fans" are fast to judge about things they don't know. Next time let the crystal ball predictions.

Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
DJyellow

Send a message via ICQ to DJyellow
I was at the game.. decent turnout... the only section that was not filled were the upper sections...

FYI... Weber would look good on our PP right about now

DJyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:07 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJyellow View Post
I was at the game.. decent turnout... the only section that was not filled were the upper sections...

FYI... Weber would look good on our PP right about now
Crazy goal by Pacioretty as well, man this guy has soft hands. He'd look soooo good on our PP. Weber with a sexy shot and a nice wrister.

There were lost of prestiges seats unfilled at the start, but obviously some people took over heheh.

Where the hell were you WS?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:08 PM
couz

Thats a good attendance...i think rds helped the last two games by bringing up the game during telecasts.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote