HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want as coach?

View Poll Results: Who?
Carbonneau 96 54.55%
Nolan 5 2.84%
Gainey 15 8.52%
Burns 20 11.36%
Tortorella 11 6.25%
Hartley 11 6.25%
Lever 1 0.57%
Roy 12 6.82%
Anybody but Carbonneau 5 2.84%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
We can't fire our coach every 2 seasons.
They all are doing very well elsewhere.

Gotta go with Carbonneau.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
i have to laugh at this thread.

ahaha

(not a troll post)

you guys can't be serious. it's just a slump...you'll get out of it
What the hell is this world coming too when a Sens fan actually makes sense?

Just kidding, thanks Chef.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Adam91

Larry Robinson?

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:11 AM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Carbo is there to stay. Sorry for all prima dona players and their fans, it's the way it's going to be, unless you take out Gainey first.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef View Post
i have to laugh at this thread.

ahaha

(not a troll post)

you guys can't be serious. it's just a slump...you'll get out of it
We got shutout by Jose Theodore. Everyone on the team deserves to be slapped. Except Dandenault, he needs to be fresh so he can play an entire powerplay and almost get a shot on goal in the process.

I don't want Carbo fired, I do see some potential greatness in him as a coach (don't ask me where). All I ask is for him to make better lines.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:18 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
We can't fire our coach every 2 seasons.
They all are doing very well elsewhere.

Gotta go with Carbonneau.
Thing is, Julien never deserved to be fired. He was just a victim of circumstance as Gainey wanted Carbo(for some reason).

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Newhabfan

Threads like this make me trust human kind again. Though most of the posts are against Carbonneau, he still leads with a comfortable advance. Meaning there exists a rational silent majority somewhere.

Great stuff!

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:38 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think Carbo gets fired (yet) but Torts only works if you think your team is going to respond to getting yelled at. All the time.
Burns only works if you don't mind playing an 0-5 for all eternity.

11-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Slick Nick

Bob Gainey

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:59 AM
snakeye

Voted Nolan but didn't see the Gainey option.

Anyways... I know Carboneau will not get fired, but if he did, my criteria would be 100% if he can coach, and not 50% if he can coach and the other 50% if he can speak French, like it's been the case these passed couple of decades. I have nothing against french coaches, but I wouldn't pick one over a better coach that doesn't speak french.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:00 AM
WeezyHabFan

my god the term over reaction is thrown around too lightly these days. CALM DOWN EVEYRONE!!!

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:03 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Voted Nolan but didn't see the Gainey option.

Anyways... I know Carboneau will not get fired, but if he did, my criteria would be 100% if he can coach, and not 50% if he can coach and the other 50% if he can speak French, like it's been the case these passed couple of decades. I have nothing against french coaches, but I wouldn't pick one over a better coach that doesn't speak french.
and nolans better? no offense but he is the biggest joke of a coach ever... id rather take my grandfather whos 85 and doesnt remember my name as coach before nolan

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 01:23 AM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
and nolans better? no offense but he is the biggest joke of a coach ever... id rather take my grandfather whos 85 and doesnt remember my name as coach before nolan
Seems to me like he'd do a better job motivating this team. Why do you say he's the biggest joke of a coach btw?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 02:33 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
For the fun of it 'cause it will not happen.....Dany Dubé....
Demers Bergeron Perron

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 03:41 AM
Toro

I voted Carbo, with a side of Lever if Carbo doesn't right this ship by around the 30 game mark.

Surprised Don has no votes yet, If Carbo gets fired, Lever is the man for the Job.

Seriously, the option "anybody but Carbonneau" has 2 votes....Lever? none

Last edited by Toro: 11-29-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 04:40 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Gainey would be my #1 choice, but he's got enough on his plate.

The players just need to wake up. They can play better and they will play better, regardless of who the coach is. The habs still have a few cards to play with in the farm system to shake things up if it gets to that point.

One thing that has never changed on this board over the years is all the coach firing threads that pop up everytime the team goes into a bit of a spell.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 05:49 AM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Not that I want or think it will happen, but if I were to choose I'd go with Lindy Ruff.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:32 AM
RE-HABS

Carbs is in his 3rd year as head coach, and he has assistant coach experience and front office experience as well...so I think he isn't lacking experience.

If anything I think Carbs isn't a good motivator and communicator with his players, thats where you lose your players.

For the fun of it if we were to replace Carbs, I would go with Muller because he is everything above that I mentioned Carbs isn't, the players seem to really like Muller and would play for him.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Coldplay
Courage

lol 50 to 50 right now.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:45 AM
shealy04

I want Carbo as our coach, but I just want him to start being able to recognize when line combos aren't working (e.g., KOVALEV AND KOSTITSYN) and juggle them to try to create a spark (e.g., KOSTITSTNS TOGETHER, or something else that makes sense).

I love Carbo, but sometimes I just can't understand where his ideas are coming from.

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
I want Carbo as our coach, but I just want him to start being able to recognize when line combos aren't working (e.g., KOVALEV AND KOSTITSYN) and juggle them to try to create a spark (e.g., KOSTITSTNS TOGETHER, or something else that makes sense).

I love Carbo, but sometimes I just can't understand where his ideas are coming from.
everyone's magical solutions here are to change lines.. which just shows why Carbo is the coach and not us. You don't think he has thought about line combinations for days on end so far? I think he knows a bit more about his players than we do. In the end it comes down to the level of effort on the ice.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:29 AM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Voted Carbonneau, not because I think he's a great coach, cause right now he makes many rookie mistakes... but that's to be expected.

For once, I want the coach to stay, and the players trimmed... cause they're the one playing like ****, some players need a change of scenery... And as much as I loved Kovalev last year, and even thought he could be captain, right now he just plays alone, or don't seem to care at all...

I want the players to pay for their mistakes !

GAINEY need to do something, not Carbo... especially since it's the 100th, something HAS to be done, it can't be otherwise...

Koivu is our captain this year, he understands the meaning of this year, and at last he has players to play with, and complete his plays.

IMO Kovalev has to go... he became somewhat of a vacuum, Plekanec has a fragile confidence, Kostitsyn HAS to be separated from Kovy AND play on the RW, because all of his good plays and shots come from there (natural RW, remember?).

And also, IMO D'Agostini has to be tried, on a scoring line, to know what he's made of, if he has the requisited skills to play in the NHL and all...

Anyway, I want Carbonneau as a coach, simply because for once I want a coach to win over his players mistakes.

L4br3cqu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazuzu View Post
Voted Carbonneau, not because I think he's a great coach, cause right now he makes many rookie mistakes... but that's to be expected.

For once, I want the coach to stay, and the players trimmed... cause they're the one playing like ****, some players need a change of scenery... And as much as I loved Kovalev last year, and even thought he could be captain, right now he just plays alone, or don't seem to care at all...

I want the players to pay for their mistakes !

GAINEY need to do something, not Carbo... especially since it's the 100th, something HAS to be done, it can't be otherwise...

Koivu is our captain this year, he understands the meaning of this year, and at last he has players to play with, and complete his plays.

IMO Kovalev has to go... he became somewhat of a vacuum, Plekanec has a fragile confidence, Kostitsyn HAS to be separated from Kovy AND play on the RW, because all of his good plays and shots come from there (natural RW, remember?).

And also, IMO D'Agostini has to be tried, on a scoring line, to know what he's made of, if he has the requisited skills to play in the NHL and all...

Anyway, I want Carbonneau as a coach, simply because for once I want a coach to win over his players mistakes.
He was dynamite last year but i'm afraid that if Kovy stays, he's gonna get Carbo's head like he got Julien's.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:56 AM
BigTimer*

The players don't listen to him, the players don't respect him, and honestly, they don't have any reason to. He's terrible at managing his players, his tactics are out of bantam, and he's just a very unintelligent human being.

With that said, Gainey is the type who will support his cronies before standing up for the fans... so Carbo isn't going anywhere and nor is this team.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
The players don't listen to him, the players don't respect him, and honestly, they don't have any reason to. He's terrible at managing his players, his tactics are out of bantam, and he's just a very unintelligent human being.
So last year was a fluke? Carbo brought them to first in the East with a group everybody thought would finish 9th.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote