HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#22 -- Hurricanes at Flyers -- November 28, 2008 -- 1:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-29-2008, 09:15 AM
MountainHawk

vCash: 500
If someone really did try to kill Pitkanen, would he care enough to try to stop them?

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:28 AM
caniac247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Tatum View Post
Two things: Your broadcast team is truly terrible. Flyers broadcast team are homers, but at least they dont make errant remarks about things that happen in the game. For example, Ruutu gets roughed up. Forslund-"Canes are showing team toughness". Second thing, are you really whining because we would love it if our ENFORCER did his job and got Pitkanen back for injuring a player? Ten years ago if Pitkanen rocked Carter like he did, he would would have been jumped. But hey, your a carolina fan. Classic hockey and carolina in the same sentence seems unatural.
You have a point with Tripp Tracey, but John Foslund is one of the best announcers out there. Its not his fault he has to deal with Tripp's stupidity and he is no where near being a homer. Forslund does quite a few games on VS as well. He is very knowledgable about each team and the game. To call Forslund a horrible announcer is like calling Tripp Tracey a great announcer.

For the team toughness remark, I'll let that remark slide as your a Philly fan and don't pay attention to Carolina. But please get the remarks in the right content, b/c he didn't say it after Ruutu got roughed up. He said it after Eaves got roughed up in the fight. And he said it because this team has shown no team toughness in their last 4-5games. For Eaves who has been out with a concussion and just returned from yet another shoulder injury, for him to fight, shows team toughness. That was the context Forslund was going after.

And another remark about the Canes announcers can't even find anyone to interview Wednesday night so they interviewed a Flyers person. That's because the Canes player they were going to interview was unavailable as Lavi was having a closed door meeting. Surprised no one could figure that one out on their own.

Also, wherever this team is visiting, they do at times show the history of that said place. For a state that has only had the team for 10 years and still acquiring new fans, I don't think stating the history of the teams they are playing is such a bad idea.

Last edited by caniac247: 11-29-2008 at 09:39 AM.
caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:36 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
And another remark about the Canes announcers can't even find anyone to interview Wednesday night so they interviewed a Flyers person. That's because the Canes player they were going to interview was unavailable as Lavi was having a closed door meeting. Surprised no one could figure that one out on their own.
That was noted in the GDT for Wednesday. Instead of the Canes player (can't remember who was supposed to be interviewed), they talked with Coatsey between the benches.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:51 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
I think it was supposed to be Staal being interview the other night.

The Hurricanes broadcast is one of the better ones in the league, I think.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:32 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Your board sounds like a classy place. Please pass my kudos on to every one of the ten people who hang out there.
Haha, owned by JXC.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caniac247 View Post
You have a point with Tripp Tracey, but John Foslund is one of the best announcers out there. Its not his fault he has to deal with Tripp's stupidity and he is no where near being a homer. Forslund does quite a few games on VS as well. He is very knowledgable about each team and the game. To call Forslund a horrible announcer is like calling Tripp Tracey a great announcer.
Forslund does a nice job for Versus, but he sings a different tune for Canes' broadcasts. He's better than the worst homers, Edwards in Boston for example, but he's still pretty annoying at times.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:02 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
That was noted in the GDT for Wednesday. Instead of the Canes player (can't remember who was supposed to be interviewed), they talked with Coatsey between the benches.
I think it was Pitkanen who was then interviewed at a later point that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFzODoD7YY
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:05 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Forslund does a nice job for Versus, but he sings a different tune for Canes' broadcasts. He's better than the worst homers, Edwards in Boston for example, but he's still pretty annoying at times.
Forslund is pretty good. I have the opposite feeling about Joe B. He is good on the Caps' broadcasts but borderline brutal on Versus.

Old
11-29-2008, 11:12 AM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
If someone really did try to kill Pitkanen, would he care enough to try to stop them?
I'm sorry, I have no desire to enter this debate, but this made me crack up. It's so true.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:20 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
Let me start off by saying, I'm a Canes fan through and through, so take this for what you will

I just wanted to say I was really dissapointed in your GDT. I know alot of the time people think they can say whatever they want and that's their choice, but I found multiple comments distasteful and somewhat disgusting imo. I'm sure some of you are gonna say 'get off our board and blah blah blah.' Well it doesn't give you the right to wish physical harm on other players, such as Larose, Ruutu and Pitkanen. Just look one post up if you need a refresher.

Multiple comments were made how you wish they were taken out or punched in the face. And some of this came from a mod, if my recollection serves me right. This, in my opinion is unacceptable and as much as someone might 'hate' another opponent, this is the lowest of the low. You can look through our 'massive' 7-8 page thread and you will never see anything close to the hatred and death threats you guys made. You guys have great players and a great team, but stooping down to bashing our players/wishing them harm and belittling our play by play crew which is probably the most honest and unbiased in the business (imo) is low and cheap. Go to nhl.com and listen to the play by play of the highlights. I dare you to say John Forslund was bias in any way, he reacted just as much to the philly goals as the canes goals, save the OT winner which justifiably should be more exciting as it decided the game on the spot. When the PHI goal was called back he called the goal properly and then said 'it was a major break for the canes' and so forth. Sure they may have been missed calls here and there. That's expected. He's not an official. No one here is. How many times have you thought there should have been a call that didn't happen. I'd love to hear one of you guys call the game in an unbias fashion. missed calls happen to everyone. Get Over it. Just because at first glance the crew called a hand pass instead of a penalty doesn't mean they are stupid. They were following the puck. That's what they are supposed to do. I've never actually heard a flyers game called by the flyers guys but, you seem to praise them like jesus christ and buddha combined. That's fine, i understand it. You're flyers fans, and they are flyers commentators. They're paid to call flyers games. But don't call us stupid or uneducated in hockey because we love and follow the canes. John Forslund does a hell of a job at what he does and is well respected around the league for it. And certainly don't 'feel pity' on us for having to suffer through John for a play by play guy.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:47 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Who did Pitkanen injure besides carter? Was it him who got Biron?

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:05 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Who did Pitkanen injure besides carter? Was it him who got Biron?
Yup. And he was also booed just about every time he touched the puck, too.

Edit: It was a shot by Staal as listed below.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-29-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old
11-29-2008, 12:12 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Yup. And he was also booed just about every time he touched the puck, too.
If you're talking about the shot that hit Biron in the mask, I'm pretty sure it was either staal or ruutu. I could be wrong though.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
If you're talking about the shot that hit Biron in the mask, I'm pretty sure it was either staal or ruutu. I could be wrong though.
The feed to the broadcast yesterday, for me, was hit-or-miss so I didn't see first hand but it was listed as Pitkanen in the Philadelphia Inquirer. The writer could be mistaken, too.
Quote:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...nst_Leafs.html

Biron suffered a bruised right shoulder when a Joni Pitkanen slapshot slipped through his armor. The goalie fell to the ice and was checked by team trainers, but rose to the chants of "Marty" and remained in the game.

Old
11-29-2008, 12:51 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The feed to the broadcast yesterday, for me, was hit-or-miss so I didn't see first hand but it was listed as Pitkanen in the Philadelphia Inquirer. The writer could be mistaken, too.
Nah it was a Staal wrister.

I swear to god half the people on this board could do a better job doing hockey coverage than the morons at the Inquirer.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote