HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs players you were sooo excited we aquired. (who didn't pan out)

Old
11-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
Habs players you were sooo excited we aquired. (who didn't pan out)

Alright guys, let's hear about some players you thought would really have an impact on this team but didn't..

In no particular order..

1. Donald Audette - He had a great season a few years prior in Atlanta, before signing with Dallas. I thought he could score 30 goals for us.

2. Sergei Berezin - Man was I excited when we got him. Thought he'd be a goal scoring machine...

3. Sergei Samsonov - I remember writing in the thread where we signed him that I was actually shaking I was so excited...

4. Mariusz Czerkawski(sp?) - If I remember correctly he had back to back 25 goal seasons in Long Island and I was expecting atleast that in Montreal.

5. Yanic Perreault - I was damn excited when he signed here. He hasn't that bad here, I was just expecting more.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:24 AM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
Janne Niinimaa
Sergei Samsonov

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Berezin.

Wasen't excited about Linden, i knew he sucked.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Sergei Samsonov - I thought he was a perfect fit for our team.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

To be honest I was really excited when we got Aebischer, he was having a rough time in Colorado but I thought he'd at least be a decent #1B goalie for us... but wow was he ever brutal.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Alright guys, let's hear about some players you thought would really have an impact on this team but didn't..

In no particular order..

1. Donald Audette - He had a great season a few years prior in Atlanta, before signing with Dallas. I thought he could score 30 goals for us.

2. Sergei Berezin - Man was I excited when we got him. Thought he'd be a goal scoring machine...

3. Sergei Samsonov - I remember writing in the thread where we signed him that I was actually shaking I was so excited...

4. Mariusz Czerkawski(sp?) - If I remember correctly he had back to back 25 goal seasons in Long Island and I was expecting atleast that in Montreal.

5. Yanic Perreault - I was damn excited when he signed here. He hasn't that bad here, I was just expecting more.
The Samsonov signing in Montreal thread induces a lot of face palm. I thought he'd put at least 50 points.

Biggest disappointments after him for me were Niinimaa, Zubrus, and Aebischer. I was too young to be disappointed by the players received in the Roy deal back then.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Samsonov and Czerkawski for me. Then it's Zalapski. I wasn't expecting much from Berezin and Audette.

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:52 AM
nas84

aebischer for me...i had a feeling sammy was gonna be buck from the day my friend told me we signed him...just a gut intuition..

but with abbie, i honestly thought he was a decent goalie. he made alot of key saves for the avalanche (my little bro is an avs fan so i end up catching a decent amount of their season)..didnt turn out too well thats for sure

nas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Magic33

I remember seeing a goal Berezin scored when playing for the Leafs. It was against the Habs actually. He went coast to coast, shot the puck, picked up his own rebound and scored. I though to myself "we need this guy." Well we got him, and he was horrible.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by nas84 View Post
aebischer for me...i had a feeling sammy was gonna be buck from the day my friend told me we signed him...just a gut intuition..

but with abbie, i honestly thought he was a decent goalie. he made alot of key saves for the avalanche (my little bro is an avs fan so i end up catching a decent amount of their season)..didnt turn out too well thats for sure
He made tones of amazing saves as a Hab. It was as a result of flopping everywhere. Every save looked incredibly hard.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:04 PM
otto bond

Quote:

In no particular order..

Laraque for me

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Ross MacLochness

Czerkawski easily. I knew he was no Kovalchuk, but that season was embarrassing.

But it wasn't all his fault. First game of the year in Madison Square Garden. Czerkawski is coming off leading the pre season in scoring (or close to it). So Therrien decides to put him on the 4th line and have Dackell on the 1st with Koivu. That season sure got off on the right foot.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:08 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Laraque for me
Wow...20 games in.

It was the polish prince for me and Thibault back in the day (I really bought the idea the he was the next great goalie for the organisation)

Old
11-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
I remember seeing a goal Berezin scored when playing for the Leafs. It was against the Habs actually. He went coast to coast, shot the puck, picked up his own rebound and scored. I though to myself "we need this guy." Well we got him, and he was horrible.
lol...living in the GTA I got a chance to see a lot of Berezin when he played for the Leafs. Don't worry, I actually thought he would be a very good addition to the Habs as well. It's probably a good idea that I never became a professional hockey scout.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:12 PM
mikey82

Trevor Linden. I thought after getting out of Long Island he'd pot at least 30 goals for us, so much for that

mikey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Sergei Samsonov - I thought'd he,d be a great fit here

Radek Bonk - Satisfied with his 2-way play, but I really wanted a lot more from him, had 25-30 goal seasons before we got him

Janne Niinimaa - Seriously, he used to be great. Sucks we had to get him all washed up

Mariusz Czerkawski - Epic fail.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Samsanov and Linden.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

How anyone can say Audette.. I'll never know. He got here around the Trade Deadline.. played decent during the regular season.. and was a monster in the playoffs.

Then the freak injury (much like Zednik).. he was never the same player and you can't really blame him for it.

I'll go with Czerkawski though. I didn't think Samsonov was that bad.. I thought a lot of it had to do with Kovalev.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Karl Dykhuis - His best years were clearly behind him (he got progressively worse in his seasons with the Habs)

Alex Perezhogin - It REALLY didn't work out. He was good when he was with Koivu and Zednik, but then he discovered the hooking penalty

Those were my two big ones. I didn't think the Polish Prince would do well and Linden wasn't high on my radar either. Samsonov is the obvious one because everyone and their dog thought that he and Kovalev would have major chemistry.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How anyone can say Audette.. I'll never know. He got here around the Trade Deadline.. played decent during the regular season.. and was a monster in the playoffs.

Then the freak injury (much like Zednik).. he was never the same player and you can't really blame him for it.

I'll go with Czerkawski though. I didn't think Samsonov was that bad.. I thought a lot of it had to do with Kovalev.
Didn't the freak injury happened before his monster performance in the playoffs?

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Didn't the freak injury happened before his monster performance in the playoffs?
I thought it happened at the beginning of the next season..

But your right.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Denis Savard
Sylvain Turgeon
Sergei Samsonov
Kevin Haller
Danius Zubrus
Jan Bulis/R.Zednik

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:

In no particular order..

4. Mariusz Czerkawski(sp?) - If I remember correctly he had back to back 25 goal seasons in Long Island and I was expecting at least that in Montreal.

This is the most honest tread in HF boards I have ever seen.

On my end it was also Berezin, Samsonov. When Donald got hurt i became bad for him.

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Bronto Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I thought it happened at the beginning of the next season..

But your right.
Audette was acquired at the beginning of a season. The same season Saku made is return. He had a good start that year before getting his wrist sliced. He made a comment that year: "Guys make the playoff and I'll be ready for the team". His 1st game he almost made an hat tricks (one goal was a deviation from Koivu). He never was the same after that year.

Bronto Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:45 PM
smon

Samsonov and Bonk in my opinion.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote