HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

"Kane's game continues to sizzle"

Old
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
"Kane's game continues to sizzle"

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=394540

Winning the Calder Trophy marked a pretty impressive start to Patrick Kane's NHL career, and the start of this season has been equally sensational. In his first 19 games, Kane has 11 goals and 14 assists, so he has a realistic chance of surpassing his rookie totals.

"I think probably I am more confident this year," Kane told Tim Sassone of the Arlington Heights Daily Herald Times. "I'm doing more with the puck and scoring more goals. Now I just have to keep it up. Last year I went into some funks, and this year I just have to stay consistent throughout the year. If I go two or three games without scoring, I have to make sure I score in that next game."

Kane said he worked on his shot all summer and is being rewarded for the sweat equity.

"I'm way more confident in my shot than last year," Kane said. "A lot of my goals have been from 10-15 feet right in front of the net when I get myself open. Last year I was more of a set-up guy. My mentality last year was pass first instead of taking the shot. I've been a goal scorer my whole life pretty much up until last year. I feel that's one of the best aspects of my game, and Iím just trying to prove it now."

JSmith81x is offline   Reply With Quote