HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

11/28/08 "Black Friday Special" Rangers vs Panthers

View Poll Results: Tonights Winner
Rangers 22 64.71%
Panthers 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2008, 01:59 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
I don't know if you meant to target that towards me or not, but I said he had a really good game. I like the way he's played in the last two games. He's trying to create more with the break out, carrying the puck up ice more, and trying more long hard passes -- see the late game goal. He, Weiss, and McCabe have clicked a bit on the powerplay, even if the results aren't that great.
no, not at all. sorry if it was misplaced. just was throwing that out. a lot of people are piling on jay now and i think it's a little unfair. i also don't think he's a goner. agree with your comment about the PP. he had a nice feed to dvo on that tying goal. maybe he'll relax a bit now that he's got a couple of goals and the offense is coming along, settle in and play the way he can.

Old
11-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
Why do people never consider the other team's perspective in trade proposals? Why would Philly trade their new captain, Richards?
To get Jbo and Horton, of course. Realistically, if the Panthers are shopping for a center in exchange for Bouw, Philadelphia, with 3 legit first line centers, is the place to start. At this stage, they're not going to trade Carter, who is leading the NHL in goals scored and the cheapest. That leaves Briere and Richards. They would more likely trade Briere I agree but Captains do get traded.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:45 PM
CanadianPantherFan

I vote for you David Booth! I loved his OCD. piece picking out the bad blueberries. That is the type of hard work and attention to detail I'm talking about that needs to be shown by this club!

Last edited by CanadianPantherFan: 11-29-2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old
11-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Not sure they'd like to move Richards and his 12-year contract.

I forgot to mention how good of a game Rusty had last night. He was fighting for the puck and bangin' bodies all night. He even stepped in-front of Orr to defuse a scrum. And of course his shootout goal was a cherry on top. Great to see him pumped after he scored. Hopefully that will get him going a bit.

-ghoste

Old
11-29-2008, 05:31 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
How about our penalty kill too! I believe we have killed off 35 out of the last 38, or 34 out of the last 37, one of the two. Much improved. It was quite satisfying and disappointing watching this team last night. They forechecked extremely well, and won a lot of battles in the corner. That is the satisfying part. The disappointing part is that they cant do that consistently. Maybe the 20 game thing wasnt a spoof. Maybe this team needs to learn DeBoer's new scheme before it takes into effect. It has worked pretty well the past three games, taking four out of a possible six points. If we could of started this from the beginning, we would of been on pace for 109 points lol, with 29 points at this very moment.

Old
11-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
The team played with Character tonight. Who would have guessed they had any? Maybe Horton is the cancer, not Olli? Shame that JM didn't hand Booth a six year contract the same time as Olesz. Booth was more deserving and the price is going up,up,up!!! New trade idea-Bouw, Horton and Skrastins to Philly for Richards and Timonen. Works cap-wise both ways.
No, Olli was the cancer. GR pretty much confirmed it. And it was backed up by comments from around the hockey world and the local papers all wrote about a possible conflict between Olli and Martin, which split the room in two, as early as mid-season last season. This is not all made up, some big elaborate league-wide conspiracy to smear Olli's name. Nobody cares that much about Olli to orchestrate a conspiracy like that. People just need to deal.

Ever consider Booth was holding out to see what kind of year he had? Good idea if he did, huh?

Philly ain't trading Richards in that deal, no way. That's not even overpayment. It would take a HUGE overpayment to get Richards out of Philly.

Old
11-29-2008, 06:40 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
I vote for you David Booth! I loved his OCD. piece picking out the bad blueberries. That is the type of hard work and attention to detail I'm talking about that needs to be shown by this club!

I'm with ya. And how about that Allison Williams? Me likey alot!

Old
11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
How about our penalty kill too! I believe we have killed off 35 out of the last 38, or 34 out of the last 37, one of the two. Much improved. It was quite satisfying and disappointing watching this team last night. They forechecked extremely well, and won a lot of battles in the corner. That is the satisfying part. The disappointing part is that they cant do that consistently. Maybe the 20 game thing wasnt a spoof. Maybe this team needs to learn DeBoer's new scheme before it takes into effect. It has worked pretty well the past three games, taking four out of a possible six points. If we could of started this from the beginning, we would of been on pace for 109 points lol, with 29 points at this very moment.
Yeah, nice call pb, it is 34 out of 37 over the last ten games! I try to be fair as I can with my opinions. I've called out Kitchen and his penalty-kill before so it's only right to give it up to him when he does good. Our penalty-kill has definitely turned around.

-ghoste

Old
11-29-2008, 07:55 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
No, Olli was the cancer. GR pretty much confirmed it. And it was backed up by comments from around the hockey world and the local papers all wrote about a possible conflict between Olli and Martin, which split the room in two, as early as mid-season last season. This is not all made up, some big elaborate league-wide conspiracy to smear Olli's name. Nobody cares that much about Olli to orchestrate a conspiracy like that. People just need to deal.

Ever consider Booth was holding out to see what kind of year he had? Good idea if he did, huh?

Philly ain't trading Richards in that deal, no way. That's not even overpayment. It would take a HUGE overpayment to get Richards out of Philly.
you know how i feel about olli. well, nate was his friend. someone who saw the example set by olli in every way. i think we could be seeing the result.

a couple of weeks ago, i said i thought the team would live and die by horton. maybe i was wrong. i don't know what the answer is but i've been thinking it might be time to start looking at some drastic measures with nate, starting with scratching him. or maybe watching the game from the press box while the team establishes its identity will be sufficient? in any case, i'm beginning to worry that nate doesn't have greatness in him.

Closed Thread