HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time SK sits?

Old
11-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Is it time SK sits?

Three bad penalties and acts that could have and maybe should been called, such as hitting Kaleta into Price (ok, no call needed but he put a player into his own star goalie) and then the crosscheck from behind on Kaleta seconds later into the path of a slapshot. Drilling Vanek away from the play... and his overall lackluster play recently.

So, what do you all think... if Tanguay is ready to go next game, do you sit SK and bring in Tanguay and D'Agostini?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Magic33

yes!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Travis Moen

No.
EOT

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:32 PM
kaos12

Erika Kostitsyn in 1...2....3

He has just been plain awful but Im worried about his future because I dont think he is good enough to play in our top 6 one day ( I know its early but until when are we gonna defend Lats and S.Kost?)

kaos12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I forgive him on the Kaleta one, anyway. I was slightly miffed when nobody gave him so much as a dirty look when he crashed Price, so SK's crosscheck was perhaps a good little reminder that it didn't go unnoticed.

Otherwise, I don't feel like we exactly have better options at the moment... SK has a bit of a grace period to get untracked. If we get back to having a full complement up front again and he hasn't made good use of his grace period, then the idea of sitting him could be revisited. I don't sit him in favour of D'Agostini.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:34 PM
HotPie

Yep, those 3 selfish penalties he had tonight were inexcusable.

Trust me, nothing pains me more than agreeing with Brunet's dumb ass, but Sergei REALLY didn't help his case tonight. He was useless and cost us a goal.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Toro

I really like this player but he has done little ever since his brother took that hit in st.louis. He has been a very selfish, lazy looking floater. His temper gets the better of him, then he is useless.

he is young and needs to learn how to be a consistant player at this level. If it means a trip to the pressbox soon i'm all for it.

I have no problem with a coach sitting a guy for a game or two if he has played like S. Kost has.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Jigger77

I hate to say it but yes.

Not so much as a "punishment" but perhaps more as a time to relax and get back to having fun out there.

Seems to me like he's taking things too seriously and not letting his natural ability and creativity take over like last year. He reminded me of a young Koivu last year. Now he's just trying too hard and it's leading to frustration. (hence the selfish penalties tonight)

I wouldn't quit on this kid yet. Far from it. He's shown that fire that lacks in a lot of players nowadays too much for me to quit on him.

Having said that, sitting him for a game or two at this point might not be a bad idea.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Pascal

but but... he'll leave for Russia!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Habs8517

yes
higgins and lats are next in the line with their lack of effort

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 10:54 PM
SherbrookeW

I doubt that it's an effort problem -- more like standard second year jitters, where what you were doing as a rookie doesn't always work and what you need to do next to lift your game isn't clear. But -- last year in the playoffs Jean Beliveau picked this kid out as having a bright , bright future. We're going to give up on him in late November of the next season? Of course, sitting him doesn't mean giving up on him but -- either you think he's capable of working it out, in which case you play him until he does, or you don't think he's capable of working it out, in which case you need to find another option. Punishing him for playing poorly is about the worst plan you can have.

SherbrookeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Evil Ted

someone watched cbc tonight, and listend to the commentary.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
It is, sit him one game, O'Byrne back in, Dandenault taking his place and D'agostini gets another game to showcase.

Higgins and Kovalev should also see some pressbox time soon too.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:36 PM
holyhabs87

didnt he screen lalime on begin's goal? i would say that is contributing something positive. heck he went to the net. something our skilled players dont do much of lately. should get 1st minute pp time for that. not like it was all horrible.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
didnt he screen lalime on begin's goal? i would say that is contributing something positive. heck he went to the net. something our skilled players dont do much of lately. should get 1st minute pp time for that. not like it was all horrible.
Erika ?

3 penalty that could have cost us the match plz...

i prefer the bald one for now

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Lucius

I'd give him a game to think about things. He needs to get back to what made him successful. Sometimes a game off reminds people of those things.

That doesn't mean I think he's useless or something, just think that sometimes young players need a game in the press box to get their heads back on straight. Kostitsyn looks like that kind of kid.

On another note, anyone notice O'Byrne in the press box with Tanguay? He didn't have a hot dog. He had a pen and a notepad and was writing things down. Good for him. He is getting that same message and at least from that, I'd guess he's receiving it.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:51 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Sergei played 1:01 in the third period according to the NHL.com shift chart...8 minutes total. I'd say the message was sent, we'll see how he responds next game.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Sergei played 1:01 in the third period according to the NHL.com shift chart...8 minutes total. I'd say the message was sent, we'll see how he responds next game.
*nod* Benched (or bench shortened) after last penalty.

Old
11-29-2008, 11:53 PM
totalrecall

let's trade both brothers so they can score 40+ goals elsewhere

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:55 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
let's trade both brothers so they can score 40+ goals elsewhere
No one was being melodramatic in the thread. Hell, I am the first for snark when they are... but common

Old
11-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

On another note, anyone notice O'Byrne in the press box with Tanguay? He didn't have a hot dog. He had a pen and a notepad and was writing things down. Good for him. He is getting that same message and at least from that, I'd guess he's receiving it.
He was probably playing tic-tac-toe with Tang.

Great to hear he's actually trying to improve. Unlike some.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 11:58 PM
capebretoncanadien

In a word......yes. Smarten him up a little for God's sake.

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
yes
higgins and lats are next in the line with their lack of effort

You are so wide of the mark about Higgins. He and Koivu were extremely energetic in their last 2 games (Caps and Sabrs). Lats, however, is another story. He and SKost remind me of the charity cases we read about in the newspapers come Christmas season. Think about it, Bégin has more goals than Lats and is tied with SKost. Higgins, who missed 6 games and came back without the benefit of a preseason, has more goals than AKost, SKost, or Lats.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Turboflex*

Sergei has been terrible all month. Send him a message, if it doesn't work then the AHL, he's played half a season, that's no permanent NHL spot and if he's sucking then a hot AHL hand can play his wing no sweat (D'Agnostini).

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:04 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
You are so wide of the mark about Higgins. He and Koivu were extremely energetic in their last 2 games (Caps and Sabrs). Lats, however, is another story. He and SKost remind me of the charity cases we read about in the newspapers come Christmas season. Think about it, Bégin has more goals than Lats and is tied with SKost. Higgins, who missed 6 games and came back without the benefit of a preseason, has more goals than AKost, SKost, or Lats.
Both Lats and Skost have spent the vast majority of the season on lines 3 and 4. How is that charity?