HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is it time SK sits?

Old
11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It is, sit him one game, O'Byrne back in, Dandenault taking his place and D'agostini gets another game to showcase.

Higgins and Kovalev should also see some pressbox time soon too.
They won't. SKost might, and until this week, AKost looked sick. And Lats? He's the prodigal son who gets excused for almost anything. His stats remain stagnant from week to week to week.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Erika ?

3 penalty that could have cost us the match plz...

i prefer the bald one for now
You don't mean to say that the lesser brother really is inferior to his sibling, do you? EK prefers looks to talent anyway.

Old
11-30-2008, 12:09 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Not before you bench

Kovalev

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:12 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
*nod* Benched (or bench shortened) after last penalty.
He took courses in the Bégin University of Dumb Penalties. Unfortunately, he's outdoing his mentor, who has actually been playing some smart hockey recently.

Old
11-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Not before you bench

Kovalev

Right.

Guess you didn't notice how Kovy killed off penalties tonight and created that opportunity for Begin to scord the second goal.

When we bench Kovy I guess SKost will replace him on the PK.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:20 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Three bad penalties and acts that could have and maybe should been called, such as hitting Kaleta into Price (ok, no call needed but he put a player into his own star goalie) and then the crosscheck from behind on Kaleta seconds later into the path of a slapshot. Drilling Vanek away from the play... and his overall lackluster play recently.

So, what do you all think... if Tanguay is ready to go next game, do you sit SK and bring in Tanguay and D'Agostini?
Don't sit him. Send him to Hamilton ! Keep D'Agostini !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

Right.

Guess you didn't notice how Kovy killed off penalties tonight and created that opportunity for Begin to scord the second goal.

When we bench Kovy I guess SKost will replace him on the PK.
from the pp and offensive opportunities yes

He has been a good pker tho... which has always suprised me, however his offensive game from the last 4-5 days i've watched warrant a benching

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:08 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

i thought it was Laps who hit Kaleta into Price?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:09 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

and yes he should sit, and he should sit for awhile.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
from the pp and offensive opportunities yes

He has been a good pker tho... which has always suprised me, however his offensive game from the last 4-5 days i've watched warrant a benching

The play by play guy on CBC said it was Lapierre when it happened live but then he corrected himself when it showed a couple of replays and it was clearly AK46.

Sergei has to sit next game for his stupid/selfish penalties. A kid can't be rewarded for that type of nonsense. Looks like the bad attitude he supposedly had in Hamilton last year has followed him to the Show this year.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:34 AM
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Erika ?

3 penalty that could have cost us the match plz...

i prefer the bald one for now
how about the higgins and gorges turnovers that DID cost us a goal.

the slashing penalty he got called for goes uncalled soo many times in a game. rivet gave him a 2 hander right before.

i will agree he has been taking a few too many penalties lately..but if you are gonna bench s-kost..bench higgins who has had the luxury of playing with our top 2 leading point getters while playing like crap except for 1 game since he came back. bench kovalev who has done nothing at all except be a good pk player. then again we dont pay him 4.5 to kill penalties.

oh...i prefer the bald one as well!

Last edited by holyhabs87: 11-30-2008 at 01:42 AM.
holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:22 AM
number 11

love the guy..but yes. selfish penalties and weak play overall...a game in the pressbox might get him going

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Well..yea, he hasn't been great.

But Higgins directly caused a goal tonight and he's been just as bad if not worse.
The Kost broz like to play with each other. I'd let the Kost broz with Plek for a good number of games. I think with A.Kost playing better, his bro will follow. Plek would do the same.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:47 AM
Turboflex*

It's not just tonight he's been pretty bad the whole month. Tonight just puts an exclamation mark on it. He's only put up a point in 1 of the last 10 games, completely invisible and ineffective.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Absolutely. I really don't know why he wouldn't have the same treatment as anybody else......I guess he thought he was all that after last year....Time for a REAL wakeup call.

And we'll see also the REAL character of the brother at the same time. He better play the same type of game he played yesterday. The guy is capable of doing it, start to do it regularly no matter if the bro plays, sits, or whatever happens to him.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:31 AM
JrHockeyFan

I saw a couple of dumb slashing penalties. One in which he should have been joined by Rivet (retaliation for cross check). The kid has a temper and needs to keep it in check

The other penalty was for working along the boards for the puck. Nothing dumb or selfish there. Stuff happens

Carbo sat him for the rest of the game. the first message has been sent. Whether more messages are required is up to whether he got the message yet

As for the other complaints. Frankly I am not seeing it. He works hard on the PK and plays with defensive responsibility. His Hits are above average for the forwards. But he does suffer from a lack of scoring that seems prevalent to a lot of our forwards. Is it him or systemic?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:53 AM
RC51

SKost? well everyone remember this, it comes from the same part of the brain. you want high energy, quick thinking, skill and great vision and from the same part of the brain, rage, get even now, stop him at all costs. What SKost needs is experience in order to sort out those quick high intensity emotions. To control his action & reactions better.
He also needs to pass to the best option and not only look for his brother, even if his brother is well covered SKost still tries to force the pass to him. Give the kid more time to sort out this stuff. Show him his errors and let him learn. Thats what being 20 years old is all about.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:21 AM
Lone Rogue

There is a difference between having scoring trouble and having playing trouble.

Chris Higgins and Alex Kovalev are having scoring trouble. Sergei Kostitsyn is having playing trouble.

Thats why Sergei is opportune to sit/be sent down while Chris and Alex are fine.

I'll also add that Andrei and Sergei were on Lapierre's line as a wake up call to them. Andrei answered. Sergei flopped. It's pretty clear that Sergei needs some more time proving exactly why he should stay up.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Three bad penalties and acts that could have and maybe should been called, such as hitting Kaleta into Price (ok, no call needed but he put a player into his own star goalie) and then the crosscheck from behind on Kaleta seconds later into the path of a slapshot. Drilling Vanek away from the play... and his overall lackluster play recently.

So, what do you all think... if Tanguay is ready to go next game, do you sit SK and bring in Tanguay and D'Agostini?

He definitely needs an attitude adjustment, you can play agressive and gritty without taking dumb penalities.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Not before you bench

Kovalev
Kovalev is competing, generating chances for teammates and not taking dumb penalities. You don't bench guys because they are having trouble finishing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:55 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
On another note, anyone notice O'Byrne in the press box with Tanguay? He didn't have a hot dog. He had a pen and a notepad and was writing things down. Good for him. He is getting that same message and at least from that, I'd guess he's receiving it.
Oh come on, we both know he was just making cool graphics for his paper airplane.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
I saw a couple of dumb slashing penalties. One in which he should have been joined by Rivet (retaliation for cross check). The kid has a temper and needs to keep it in check

The other penalty was for working along the boards for the puck. Nothing dumb or selfish there. Stuff happens

Carbo sat him for the rest of the game. the first message has been sent. Whether more messages are required is up to whether he got the message yet

As for the other complaints. Frankly I am not seeing it. He works hard on the PK and plays with defensive responsibility. His Hits are above average for the forwards. But he does suffer from a lack of scoring that seems prevalent to a lot of our forwards. Is it him or systemic?
How come you're not mentioning his third penalty?? A very stupid penalty given it was the 3rd period and we had a one goal lead in a back and forth hockey game.

I say sit the punk's rear end for a game and see if he learns his lesson.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:04 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
How come you're not mentioning his third penalty?? A very stupid penalty given it was the 3rd period and we had a one goal lead in a back and forth hockey game.

I say sit the punk's rear end for a game and see if he learns his lesson.

I mention the two slashes. The "other" penalty I mention was the trip called for digging along the boards. I didn't miss anything

The point is that OTHER penalty was not the same as the slashes at all. Nothing selfish there at all.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:13 AM
kalessin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos12 View Post
Erika Kostitsyn in 1...2....3

He has just been plain awful but Im worried about his future because I dont think he is good enough to play in our top 6 one day ( I know its early but until when are we gonna defend Lats and S.Kost?)
Is this for real?

A kid who has yet to play a full season's worth of NHL games at 20 years old and has shown immense potential might not be good enough to play in our top 6 "one day"?

Some people need to learn a lot about how young players develop. Sergei is already ahead of the curve. You could argue that Latendresse is too, but that's another story.

For me, I think him spending most of yesterday's game stapled to the bench was lesson enough for now. Give him a chance to make up for it.

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

He should've been benched days ago.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote