HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What do you want Gainey to do this UFA season? (Habs Trade/UFA/RFA proposals here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2008, 02:54 PM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Thinking about who stays and who goes next year, I think it's relatively easy for Bob to figure out (despite the high number of UFAs and RFAs on the team).

Stay (In order of importance & projected salaries):
Komi: 5-6 years @ 5.5-6 million/year
Pleks: 3-4 years @ 3.5 mill/year & Tanguay: 4-5 year @ 5.5 mil/year
Higgins: 3 years @ 2.5-3 mil/year
Koivu: 3 years @ 4 mil/year. I can understand if some feel koivu should not be signed
Bouillon 2 years @ 2 mil/year

Approx. Total Salary Increases (above player's current salaries): 7-8 million

Go:
Kovalev (he's been great fun, but you can't resign him at his age for the bucks that he will want)
Lang: he's been a 1-year rental; too expensive to sign again
Dandenault
Begin (thanks for being the warrior that you are)

Money Saved/Available by not resigning those 4: 10 million

If Gainey added Bowmeester, it will probably take 6-7 million a year so we'd have the money for that. Assuming only Chips and D'agostini make the jump next year, we'd probably have to go out and find a high quality forward if available. In any event, our first priority should be Bowmeester. Even without the addition of a Top 6 forward, we'd still have Pleks, AK46, AK74, Higgins, Tanguay, Koivu. I agree we would need some scoring help (maybe MaxPac is ready to make the jump), but the Habs would be so much better with a back end of:

Komi-Markov
Bowmeester-Hamrlik
Bouillon-OB (or whomever)
Bold #1 = Eww. Just eww.
Bold #2 = Overpaid the last contract... now he's older and you want to give him a raise? ****.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:02 PM
GoldenForum

In the case of Komi, what does "Eww" mean exactly? Do you think it will require more than that...if you think less, you are kidding yourself. Komi will get snatched up so quickly if he ever truly tests free agency.

The numbers posted are rough projections. You want to give Bouillon 1.5 mil/year instead of my 2, no problem. Remember though D-men always cost a little more and I think it's reasonable to think more than 1 team would pay Bouillon 2 mil a year to be a solid, dependable, experienced blueliner for them.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:06 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
In the case of Komi, what does "Eww" mean exactly? Do you think it will require more than that...if you think less, you are kidding yourself. Komi will get snatched up so quickly if he ever truly tests free agency.

The numbers posted are rough projections. You want to give Bouillon 1.5 mil/year instead of my 2, no problem. Remember though D-men always cost a little more and I think it's reasonable to think more than 1 team would pay Bouillon 2 mil a year to be a solid, dependable, experienced blueliner for them.
If he doesn't sign here in the 4 million range, he can walk his own ass out of town. One of my favorite players since we drafted him, but lets take our collective heads out of our *****, he isn't a top pairing d-man.

Bouillon's in his mid-30's and in an ideal world he'd be our #7 next year... This team needs to take steps forward, and not keep hanging on to the pedestrian past that these players have had here.

Old
11-29-2008, 03:10 PM
GoldenForum

I completely disagree-- Komi is a top pairing d-man and we haven't even come close to seeing how good he will become. He's 26. Wait for the five/six years between ages 27-32. You'd be an idiot to let Komi go, even if it cost you an extra million. You'd never forgive yourself. Backbone of our D. Guys like him just don't come around very often. You're dreaming if you think Komi will sign for 4 mil.

If people want to let Bouillon go, I have no problem with that...except one: who's going to fill his spot next year. As it is, our D tonight will contain Brisebois and Dandenault (now that's scary).

Old
11-29-2008, 03:14 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Thinking about who stays and who goes next year, I think it's relatively easy for Bob to figure out (despite the high number of UFAs and RFAs on the team).

Stay (In order of importance & projected salaries):
Komi: 5-6 years @ 5.5-6 million/year
Pleks: 3-4 years @ 3.5 mill/year & Tanguay: 4-5 year @ 5.5 mil/year
Higgins: 3 years @ 2.5-3 mil/year
Koivu: 3 years @ 4 mil/year. I can understand if some feel koivu should not be signed
Bouillon 2 years @ 2 mil/year

Approx. Total Salary Increases (above player's current salaries): 7-8 million

Go:
Kovalev (he's been great fun, but you can't resign him at his age for the bucks that he will want)
Lang: he's been a 1-year rental; too expensive to sign again
Dandenault
Begin (thanks for being the warrior that you are)

Money Saved/Available by not resigning those 4: 10 million

If Gainey added Bowmeester, it will probably take 6-7 million a year so we'd have the money for that. Assuming only Chips and D'agostini make the jump next year, we'd probably have to go out and find a high quality forward if available. In any event, our first priority should be Bowmeester. Even without the addition of a Top 6 forward, we'd still have Pleks, AK46, AK74, Higgins, Tanguay, Koivu. I agree we would need some scoring help (maybe MaxPac is ready to make the jump), but the Habs would be so much better with a back end of:

Komi-Markov
Bowmeester-Hamrlik
Bouillon-OB (or whomever)
I would not want gainey to give Komisarek more than 4 500 000 a season for 4-5 years.
Bouillon at 1 000 000-1 250 000 maybe.
With Kovalev, it all depend what you can get on UFA next summer.I would resign him for 4 000 000$ for 2 years.
Dont forget Latendresse, who's going to get at least 1 250 000$ and Chipchura .

Old
11-29-2008, 04:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

The only thing Im sure is that Kovy is gone, maybe before the end of the season.. As well as Begin and Dandeneault..*We shouldnt have any prob to resign our RFAs..

Im not sure about Koivu and Tanguay, it will depend of the season they have (we just played 1\4 of the season) and it will depend of the evaluation the org have of our young players like Maxwell Paccioretty DAgo Chipchura and Stewart.. Gainey should make Perezhogin an offer, something like 3.5 millions for 1 year, depending the season he has, his real value would be re-evaluated after that year..

Personally Im ready for a total youth movement, especially up front where we have alot of quality kids, some are ready for more responsabilities while some other are knocking at the door awaiting for a chance to shine and fight for ice time..

With the money saved I would try to sign the best defenseman on the FA market, making him an offer he just cant refuse..

Perezhogin Plekanec A.Kostitsyn

Higgins Maxwell Paccioretty

S.Kost Chipchura Latendresse\DAgo

Stewart Lapierre Kosto\Laraque

Markov Komisarek

JayBo? Hamrlik

Gorges OByrne

Price
Halak

Old
11-29-2008, 04:33 PM
HabsHockey

Don't sign Brisebois, Kovalev. Money and headaches saved.

Old
11-29-2008, 04:51 PM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
The only thing Im sure is that Kovy is gone, maybe before the end of the season.. As well as Begin and Dandeneault..*We shouldnt have any prob to resign our RFAs..

Im not sure about Koivu and Tanguay, it will depend of the season they have (we just played 1\4 of the season) and it will depend of the evaluation the org have of our young players like Maxwell Paccioretty DAgo Chipchura and Stewart.. Gainey should make Perezhogin an offer, something like 3.5 millions for 1 year, depending the season he has, his real value would be re-evaluated after that year..

Personally Im ready for a total youth movement, especially up front where we have alot of quality kids, some are ready for more responsabilities while some other are knocking at the door awaiting for a chance to shine and fight for ice time..

With the money saved I would try to sign the best defenseman on the FA market, making him an offer he just cant refuse..

Markov Komisarek

JayBo? Hamrlik

Gorges OByrne

Price
Halak
Perezhogin 3 500 000$ for one year?!?!
No way!
I would give him a try out and then see what he brings.

All those rookie in the lineup with not muh veteran leadership, this team sinks!
We still have 10 000 000 to spend for what?

Old
11-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:

Markov Komisarek

JayBo? Hamrlik

Gorges OByrne

Price
Halak
Instead of contending for a place in the playoffs and possibly the stanley cup we could contend for the 1st overall pick in the draft, terrible idea.

Old
11-29-2008, 05:03 PM
OneSharpMarble

Perezhogin 1 year 2 million I think is fair and he would take it but he needs top 6 minutes or it's a waste of time.

Old
11-29-2008, 05:04 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
T...
That's a terrible lineup.

Old
11-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Stan

For whatever reason, I have a feeling that Plekanec will be gone by the end of the season. I don't have anything to back that up, just a prediction.

Old
11-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Habs13

Which of our UFA/RFA would you NOT bring back?

This is a list of the players that will need new contracts to remain Habs past this season. From this list, which, if any, would you let walk.

Ufa;
Tanguay
Koivu
Kovalev
Lang
Begin
Kostopoulos
Bouillon
Dandenault
Komisarek
Brisebois

Rfa;
Higgins
Plekanec
Chipchura
Latendresse
Price

*Am I missing any? Any Hamilton players fit this catagory?

Old
11-30-2008, 12:13 AM
Prudentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
UFA

Tanguay : 5.375 millions
Koivu : 4.750
Kovalev : 4.5
Lang : 4
Bégin : 1.3
Kostopoulos : .9
Bouillon : 1.875
Dandenault : 1.75
Komisarek : 1.9
Brisebois : 0.75

RFA

Higgins : 1.9
Pleckanec : 1.8
Latendresse : 0.85
Chipchura : 0.86

If you are Bob Gainey how much would you offer to those players if the season ends tomorrow ? Who you let go, who would get a raise or cut ?
Tanguay can probably fetch close to 7milion on the market, maybe more. No way he signs in montreal for anything less than 6milion.

Tanguay 4yrs 6.5
Koivu 3yrs 4.0
Kovalev gone
Lang 1yrs 3.5
Kostopoulos 3yrs 1.0
Bouillon 2yrs 1.8
Dandenault gone
Komisarek 6yrs 5.5
Brisebois 1yrs .750

Higgins 3yrs 3.1
Plekanec 3yrs 3.3
Latendresse 2yrs 1.0
Chipchura 2yrs .9

A. Kost - Koivu - Tanguay
Higgins - Lang - ? Hossa
Lats - Plekanec - S. Kost
Kostopolous - Lapierre - Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Gorges
? - Bouillon

Brisebois

Price
Halak

Last edited by Prudentius: 11-30-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old
11-30-2008, 12:21 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevil View Post
lots of building, but we have alot of material in the ahl!
wtf, koivu gone but Lang stays? Are you out of your mind?

Old
11-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post
Tanguay can probably fetch close to 7milion on the market, maybe more. No way he signs in montreal for anything less than 6milion.
Salary cap will probably go back to about 53-54M or remain at 56M, so the salary will stagnate for a little while, so I really doubt he'd get 7M on the market. Except from a team like Long Island, edmonton, etc... but that doesn't count. I believe he'll be signed for 5,8-6M for about 4 years.

Komi at 4M-4.5M

Koivu at 4M

Kovalev will probably be gone except if he takes a huge paycut.

Higgins will not make more than 3.5, if he does he will not deserve it since AK is signed for only 3.25M.

Plekanec should not get more than Kovalev except if he really break-out this season, which is looking very unlikely. Same scenario for Higgins.

Lang gone, replaced by Chippy. Finally some character on this team.

Begin gone or huge paycut.

Kosto re-signed, small raise.

Bouillon re-signed if he accepts the same kind of money he's getting now.

Dandy, Breezy retire or gone.

Lats same kind of deal as kosto.

Chipchura see Lats.

Old
11-30-2008, 12:56 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Perezhogin 3 500 000$ for one year?!?!
No way!
I would give him a try out and then see what he brings.

All those rookie in the lineup with not muh veteran leadership, this team sinks!
We still have 10 000 000 to spend for what?
To get Perezhogin back, its the price to pay for the first year, we have nothing to lose, we just cant let go a guy with such potential, Im still one of those who think Perez can come back in this league making some noise, he is still young and it would be a smart investment.. Do you take that "risk" or you rather bet on Kovy's old legs?

Old
11-30-2008, 01:04 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prudentius View Post

Tanguay 4yrs 6.5
Koivu 3yrs 4.0
Kovalev gone
Lang 1yrs 3.5
Kostopoulos 3yrs 1.0
Bouillon 2yrs 1.8
Dandenault gone
Komisarek 6yrs 5.5
Brisebois 1yrs .750

Higgins 3yrs 3.1
Plekanec 3yrs 3.3
Latendresse 2yrs 1.0
Chipchura 2yrs .9

A. Kost - Koivu - Tanguay
Higgins - Lang - ? Hossa
Lats - Plekanec - S. Kost
Kostopolous - Lapierre - Laraque

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Gorges
? - Bouillon

Brisebois

Price
Halak
You are overrating Tanguay's value big time, no way he makes more than he actually does on the FA market.. He is skilled but isnt the toughest guy out there, any GMs know this.. Good goaltenders and defensemen will get alot as usual cause they are rare and and not easy to develop.. There are plenty of young skilled fowards coming in this league ready to have an impact on their team, thats why a guy like Tanguay wont get more than 5 millions when his contract end..

Old
11-30-2008, 01:29 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Instead of contending for a place in the playoffs and possibly the stanley cup we could contend for the 1st overall pick in the draft, terrible idea.
At some point, you have to give those kids, who are ready for the next level the chance to prove themself in the NHL, that way you can put some value on those kids... I dont wanna Maxwell and Pacioretty in the AHL again next season if they keep improving.. They are not far from knocking at the door.. But I will trust Gainey's judgement, he if resign Koivu and Tanguay, Mac Pax and Maxwell will have to wait another year in the minors..

Perezhogin Plekanec Kostitsyn

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

S.Kost Chipchura Latendresse\DAGo

Stewart Lapierre Kostopoulos\Laraque

Old
11-30-2008, 01:54 AM
mariolemieux66

Quote:
At some point, you have to give those kids, who are ready for the next level the chance to prove themself in the NHL, that way you can put some value on those kids... I dont wanna Maxwell and Pacioretty in the AHL again next season if they keep improving.. They are not far from knocking at the door.. But I will trust Gainey's judgement, he if resign Koivu and Tanguay, Mac Pax and Maxwell will have to wait another year in the minors..

Perezhogin Plekanec Kostitsyn

Higgins Koivu Tanguay

S.Kost Chipchura Latendresse\DAGo

Stewart Lapierre Kostopoulos\Laraque
This team still miss a big forward in the top 6

Old
11-30-2008, 09:57 AM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
UFA

Tanguay : 5.375 millions
Koivu : 4.750
Kovalev : 4.5
Lang : 4
Bégin : 1.3
Kostopoulos : .9
Bouillon : 1.875
Dandenault : 1.75
Komisarek : 1.9
Brisebois : 0.75

RFA

Higgins : 1.9
Pleckanec : 1.8
Latendresse : 0.85
Chipchura : 0.86

If you are Bob Gainey how much would you offer to those players if the season ends tomorrow ? Who you let go, who would get a raise or cut ?
Tanguay - 3 year between 5 - 5.25 mil (any more than 5.5 let him walk)
Koivu - Long term low cap hit, let him retire a Hab (start high with 5.5 -6 mil than
decline every year til it gets to 1.5 - 2 mil)
Kovalev - let go (will price himself out of the Habs)
Lang - let go
Begin - 600k - 800k (let go if wants more) plays limited role
Kostopoulos - 600k - 800k (let go if wants more) plays limited role
Bouillon - let go (prospect plays next season)
Dandenault - let go (prospect plays next season)
Komisarek - 6 years 24 mil (similar contract to Pen's Whitney)
Brisebois - let retire

Higgins - long term
Plekanec - short term (trade him if Maxwell is ready to step up and play prominent role; I think he could be ready for second line center next season future #1 center )
Latendresse - short term; he has to get going
Chipchura - long term; third line (two way) center future leader

Next season has to be the beginning for the Habs to let their prospects to start to pan out. Maxwell, Pacioretty, Chipchura, D'Agostini, Stewart, Carle, possibly McDonagh, Yemelin, Weber or even Fischer or Subban (though unlikely, may need one year in AHL). This year's draft they should draft multiple big centermen (6'2" and bigger) for at least one of them to work out and get ready for Koivu's retirement and have a future 1 - 2 - 3 punch with Maxwell - This Draft Pick - Chipchura.

Old
11-30-2008, 12:54 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
This team still miss a big forward in the top 6
hopefully Paccioretty will be ready to make the jump..

Old
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
kernkraft

Is there anyone else who thinks we should try and lure Franzen away from Detroit? A 6'3, 220lbs center who can score, hit, and has hands of gold.

Old
12-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Bohemian93

2009 ufas

(L) Tanguay, Alex ($5,375,000) (has NTC)
(C) Koivu, Saku ($4,750,000) (has NTC)
(R) Kovalev, Alexei ($4,500,000) (has NTC)
(C) Lang, Robert ($4,000,000)
(D) Komisarek, Michael ($1,900,000)
(D) Bouillon, Francis ($1,875,000)
(D) Dandenault, Mathieu ($1,750,000)
(C) Begin, Steve ($1,300,000)
(R) Kostopoulos, Tom ($900,000)
(D) Brisebois, Patrice ($750,000)
(C) Glumac, Mike ($550,000)
(C) Lehoux, Yanick ($550,000)
(D) Anderson, Chad ($500,000)
(L) Flinn, Ryan ($500,000)
(D) Henry, Alex ($500,000)

out of these which players do you keep and which do you get rid of

Old
12-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Can't we wait to be at least at the end of the season before those kind of threads.

Closed Thread