HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Proposal: Give it up with the proposals

Old
11-30-2008, 09:23 AM
BadHabit

vCash: 500
Proposal: Give it up with the proposals

We already have a great team with lots of skill - now we just need the killer instinct and the work ethic to show it.

Ridiculous - the team's effort lacks for a few games and you want to trade everyone.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:26 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
I second the motion from my fellow south eastern New Brunswicker

Old
11-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
We already have a great team with lots of skill - now we just need the killer instinct and the work ethic to show it.

Ridiculous - the team's effort lacks for a few games and you want to trade everyone.
A few games? We must be watching a different team.

This team started believing too much in their abilities and forgot that the key ingredient to winning is effort.

When the team plays with intensity, it's damn near unbeatable...when they don't, they're among the worst in the league.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:31 AM
MTL-rules

You don't like proposals, don't read them and erased the threads... problem solve... no need for a thread like this.

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:37 AM
shealy04

Haha good idea. Can we at least get rid of the RIDICULOUS proposals?

The ones that are actually well thought out aren't annoying...

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 09:59 AM
HomaridII

Quote:

The most amazing thing for me is that if you read these boards and dont look at the standings you come away with the impression that the team is doing horribly bad, the fact is ..

The Habs are currently tied for 6th best record in the entire league.

They have the 4th best record in the Eastern conference and only 6 points behind the Rangers and Bruins, with 3 games in hand on the Rangers and 1 on the Bruins.

It is still really early in the season and despite the inconsistency, the Habs are still one of the top teams in the league, lets relax and let the season play out, not make any panic moves.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

Well said. And let's put away the cliche's like "the team is not doing X, Y, or Z, and that's the coaches job". Most people here have controlled hockey only through their X-Box.

The team is experiencing the ups downs and sidesteps of an 82 game schedule, only difference is that this year some fans are reconciling what they see on the ice with the fully gorged expectations that follow last season, and the growing mystique of the centennial season.

So far Montreal have faced an unusual schedule, one in which they've had nearly a full week off twice, and played more games on the road than at home. Let's look at the overall performance in February when GM's get down to the nitty gritty of assessing their squad.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Boulette Cannon

This is an internet forum.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:42 AM
totalrecall

I propose to pin this thread

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:46 PM
HabsoluteFate

I second the notion to pin this thread

Actually it would be nice if threads that start with word "proposal" could be removed automatically if someone so wishes...that would take care of the problem

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:31 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
A few games? We must be watching a different team.

This team started believing too much in their abilities and forgot that the key ingredient to winning is effort.

When the team plays with intensity, it's damn near unbeatable...when they don't, they're among the worst in the league.
Yup. So why do a lot of people want to trade away Kovalev, Plekanec, etc etc if we are damn near unbeatable?

We are watching the same team my friend - and yes I know it was more than a few games but really, I think that's enough to get my point across. Bringing in new players at this point is not going to help anything, it's just going to throw the team into more turmoil. Let them play and build confidence.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
I second the motion from my fellow south eastern New Brunswicker

3 from Southern NB

I wouldn't say it's just a few games...but let's not start trading everybody just yet. I'd like to have seen Carbo start making changes to lines/lineup a few weeks ago. The Toronto and Boston games were brutal to watch.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
You don't like proposals, don't read them and erased the threads... problem solve... no need for a thread like this.

If it was one thread here and there, fine, but it's a daily thing...and some of them are seriously moronic...Kovalev for Aucoin?? for Afinogenov??

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote