HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Latendresse on the trade market?

Old
11-30-2008, 10:13 AM
limelight

vCash: 500
Is Latendresse on the trade market?

According to some folks on CKAC, Latendresse is currently being shopped for protentially a 4th d-man.
http://www.corussports.com/radio/archive.php
-> look for the Latendresse sur de marche link.

limelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Fire Brunet*

"Guillaume" ahaha

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Iwishihadacup

I hate hearing this...

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
kovalost27

Awesome!

He's a space waster for the Canadiens. I'm not suggesting that he's a bad player, its just that he doesn't mix well for the Canadiens unless he's on the fourth line, and for him that would be unfair.

He would do better on a struggling team that would actually trust him and play him on the first or second line. Maybe Ottawa would be a good plan...

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Magic33

I mean, if he could bring in a good return, then im all for it. Not just because its Lats, if almost anyone (except for a few guys) could bring in decent dman, then I would be all for it.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:28 AM
TCIH

I'm not a big fan of trading him, but if he has to go, then I hope to god it's out of conference.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:28 AM
SpreeEndaz

You will rarely hear me saying such things but I was actually impressed by Latendresse yesterday. He finally decided to put his *** in front of the net on the powerplay and that's the role he was supposed to fulfill long ago. Let's hope he'll keep it up.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Evil Ted

Never a big Latendresse fan personally I think it would be a mistake to move him at this point. He shows great flashes of tallent he just needs a chance and to work on his consistancy.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Turboflex*

I'd trade Sergei before Guillaume. The latter is a lot better protecting the puck in opposition zone and better at scoring in close.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Not a chance this will happen....yet....If this guy is traded and THEN starts filling the net, the Habs org. and HFBOARDS will never, I mean never hear the end of it.

Can't happen.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I wouldn't trust this guy.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:57 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not a chance this will happen....yet....If this guy is traded and THEN starts filling the net, the Habs org. and HFBOARDS will never, I mean never hear the end of it.

Can't happen.
Uh, so what?

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:01 AM
zx81

This would be a huge mistake.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Can't happen.
Um so what? The organization was never afraid to let someone go before, and a lot of those players did well elsewhere, I just don't why we have to be handcuffed by Latendresse. I see people offering up Higgins, it's ok, I've seen some people offer the Kostitsyns, not much backlash, but why do we have to worry that we're going to trade Latendresse?

I just don't get the hype. I really honestly don't. Yes he's playing well, but he's not playing 40 goal scorer powerforward superstar well. He's not even playing 25 goal scorer well. To me he just looks like any other grinder with slightly better hands.

If we have to be afraid to move a player for a nessecity for our team because of a backlash, then this organization is going nowhere.

If Dallas fans could forgive about Jarome Iginla being traded, then I don't see why we can't do the same for Latendresse.

This Latendresse thing is getting annoying, I feel like it's a burden on the team and the fan base, the whole situation would be so much more easier if he were gone so people can stop b****ing and stop overhyping!

Latendresse reminds of Steve Bernier, everyone is hoping for something that won't come.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:10 AM
emb24*

they're not going to deal him. remember jon leclair? gui is 21 years old. he's nowhere reached his ceiling yet as a young power forward. not even close.

the habs still want to play 3 offensive lines. next year with guys like kovalev and potentially tanguay gone. there will be room for him. heck he's already playing on the 3rd line - and carbo likes to generally play all those lines evenly. he's not going to be moved. if the guy just developed a little more of a mean streak and went to the net more. he'd be indispensable to the team

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:14 AM
rocketlives

Trade Latendresse for a good #4 dman and call up D'Agostini and Pacioretty for good and this team is already stronger. Among other things, you'd see the Kostitsyns moving their butts with more regularity.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Teufelsdreck

I don't think Latendresse is likely to be traded, at least not at this early point in his career. However, right now the Habs could surely make better use of a solid #4 Dman than they could of a 3rd line wing who almost never shows up on the scoreboard. He stopped scoring with Koivu and Tanguay and he's even less productive with Lang and SKost than he was last season with Smolinski and Ryder or with Lapierre and Kostopoulos.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:26 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
they're not going to deal him. remember jon leclair? gui is 21 years old. he's nowhere reached his ceiling yet as a young power forward. not even close.

the habs still want to play 3 offensive lines. next year with guys like kovalev and potentially tanguay gone. there will be room for him. heck he's already playing on the 3rd line - and carbo likes to generally play all those lines evenly. he's not going to be moved. if the guy just developed a little more of a mean streak and went to the net more. he'd be indispensable to the team
He might become something close to all the hype, which would make him a between 25 and 30 a year goal-scorer. He also might flop. We already have a proven 25 to 30 goal scorer in Higgins and so many posters in here want to give him up if the return addresses a need. Well the same logic should apply to Guillaume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Um so what? The organization was never afraid to let someone go before, and a lot of those players did well elsewhere, I just don't why we have to be handcuffed by Latendresse. I see people offering up Higgins, it's ok, I've seen some people offer the Kostitsyns, not much backlash, but why do we have to worry that we're going to trade Latendresse?

I just don't get the hype. I really honestly don't. Yes he's playing well, but he's not playing 40 goal scorer powerforward superstar well. He's not even playing 25 goal scorer well. To me he just looks like any other grinder with slightly better hands.

If we have to be afraid to move a player for a nessecity for our team because of a backlash, then this organization is going nowhere.

If Dallas fans could forgive about Jarome Iginla being traded, then I don't see why we can't do the same for Latendresse.

This Latendresse thing is getting annoying, I feel like it's a burden on the team and the fan base, the whole situation would be so much more easier if he were gone so people can stop b****ing and stop overhyping!

Latendresse reminds of Steve Bernier, everyone is hoping for something that won't come.
I could not agree more. I don't think you're saying trade him for anything, but if it were for a quality #4 D-man I agree Gainey should at least consider it. What if the return were Francois Beauchemin, for example? Wouldn't the team be better?

Old
11-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
He might become something close to all the hype, which would make him a between 25 and 30 a year goal-scorer. He also might flop. We already have a proven 25 to 30 goal scorer in Higgins and so many posters in here want to give him up if the return addresses a need. Well the same logic should apply to Guillaume.

I could not agree more. I don't think you're saying trade him for anything, but if it were for a quality #4 D-man I agree Gainey should at least consider it. What if the return were Francois Beauchemin, for example? Wouldn't the team be better?
No, he's out for the season.

But seriously, if you want a Beauchemin-type return you're going to have to give up more than Latendresse. So yes, the team would be better but it's unrealistic.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Andy

This Latendresse fiasco will nevber end

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:35 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
No, he's out for the season.

But seriously, if you want a Beauchemin-type return you're going to have to give up more than Latendresse. So yes, the team would be better but it's unrealistic.
On this I agree. My point is basically that no one player on the roster is untouchable, in spite of all the hype.

Old
11-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Kriss E

The only reason this is coming out, is because some media people feel Lats has been mistreated by Carbs.
Because Kosto was put on with Koivu instead of Lats, but that's just pure crap.

I don't buy it for a second, unless its for a great 4th Dman that will have a direct impact.

But still, with all our UFA coming up, I think trading him would be quite dumb.
There might be a lot of more room for him next season in our line up, so I don't think we'll be letting him go unless its a big trade.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Pascal

i'm the biggest critique of Lats and even I wouldn't trade him at this point. He's either going to become a 1st-2nd line force or we'll trade him down the road for a draft pick. It's worth the risk.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Robiyardov
Irkutsk, Irkutskaya

Latendresse

I'd be against moving him at this point.
He's naturally big and strong. He's maturing into a very physical forward. He has the ability to level opponents with his brute force and he's doing it more and more.
He got faster, his forechecking game is getting better and he has surprising soft hands for a guy this size.
He can fill up on the top lines but can still be effective laying alongside Lang if he continues throwing his body around.
He seems to be getting it as far as putting himself in front of the net.
No other players offer this combination of size, strenght and nice sets of hands amongst our young players.

A player like Higgins would be more "movable" to me, since D'Agostini seems to be playing a very very similar type of games.
Latendresse is coming along nicely to me.

And, I can't give up on both the Kostitsyn's yet. They have a serious edge to their imense skillset, they just need to be putting constant effort and it might be happening sooner than later. Andrei showed again last night that he can do it all, especially on the right side where he made two crazy passes...

Anyway, just my opinion. Keep Latendresse.

Robiyardov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:40 PM
NewHabsEra*

John Leclair

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote