HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Latendresse on the trade market?

Old
11-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
John Leclair
Marcel Hossa

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:45 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
Marcel Hossa
Chad Kilger

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Chad Kilger
Jason Ward

Old
11-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Um so what? The organization was never afraid to let someone go before, and a lot of those players did well elsewhere, I just don't why we have to be handcuffed by Latendresse. I see people offering up Higgins, it's ok, I've seen some people offer the Kostitsyns, not much backlash, but why do we have to worry that we're going to trade Latendresse?

I just don't get the hype. I really honestly don't. Yes he's playing well, but he's not playing 40 goal scorer powerforward superstar well. He's not even playing 25 goal scorer well. To me he just looks like any other grinder with slightly better hands.

If we have to be afraid to move a player for a nessecity for our team because of a backlash, then this organization is going nowhere.

If Dallas fans could forgive about Jarome Iginla being traded, then I don't see why we can't do the same for Latendresse.

This Latendresse thing is getting annoying, I feel like it's a burden on the team and the fan base, the whole situation would be so much more easier if he were gone so people can stop b****ing and stop overhyping!

Latendresse reminds of Steve Bernier, everyone is hoping for something that won't come.
First off, yea some people here talk about trading Higgins, others the Kost broz, some even Plek. But don't act like nobody even mentioned trading Lats, just look at you, you seem to support the idea.
So there are people like you as well, that are willing to let him go.
There are people that are for or against trading X or Y player.
Nothing new here, can't expect everyone to agree with everything.

Second, yes Lats is not playing as a 40GS PF Superstar, nor was he ever supposed to be that. Agreed, he's not even performing as a 25GS either, but if you want to say that, you can say nobody other than Tanguay and Koivu is playing like it.

If Latendresse can fetch us a similar return to a Nieuwendyk that won the Conn Smythe and still put up 30+..35+..25+..20+ Goals in all but 2season with the Stars, then yea I'm all for that trade.
Iginla was a high pick prospect. Latendresse is in his 3rd Season, and has not yet have the chance of playing regularly on a top line.
This guy has been moving from 4th to 2nd to 1st to 3rd to scratched to 4th to 3rd...since his first NHL Game. How can a player be consistent when he's moved that much?..I don't feel we're doing much to get the most out of him.

I don't think Lats can fetch us a big player, if he can, then I'm all ears for a trade. He's far from being untouchable.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Habs8517

i would keep him for 1 or 2 years so he can prove he deserves to be on the team
if he keeps floating like the last 3 years, trade his ass

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
First off, yea some people here talk about trading Higgins, others the Kost broz, some even Plek. But don't act like nobody even mentioned trading Lats, just look at you, you seem to support the idea.
So there are people like you as well, that are willing to let him go.
There are people that are for or against trading X or Y player.
Nothing new here, can't expect everyone to agree with everything.

Second, yes Lats is not playing as a 40GS PF Superstar, nor was he ever supposed to be that. Agreed, he's not even performing as a 25GS either, but if you want to say that, you can say nobody other than Tanguay and Koivu is playing like it.

If Latendresse can fetch us a similar return to a Nieuwendyk that won the Conn Smythe and still put up 30+..35+..25+..20+ Goals in all but 2season with the Stars, then yea I'm all for that trade.
Iginla was a high pick prospect. Latendresse is in his 3rd Season, and has not yet have the chance of playing regularly on a top line.
This guy has been moving from 4th to 2nd to 1st to 3rd to scratched to 4th to 3rd...since his first NHL Game. How can a player be consistent when he's moved that much?..

I don't think Lats can fetch us a big player, if he can, then I'm all ears for a trade. He's far from being untouchable.
I know it wasn't clear, but what I implied was, so long as Latendresse can fetch us our missing piece on D, I would not trade him and I do not know why people would oppose this option, which is why I gave justification in that post.

In fact I wouldn't trade anyone on our team right now unless it were for a 4th d-man. Sorry for the ambiguity, but that's what I meant, although not clearly seen.

Old
11-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Vodka_Tonic

you just don't trade 21 year old players, be it skost or gui, unless someone seriously overpays. the organization spent a lot of time and money on prospects like them, you want a reward, not just some random 4th dman or a 2 round pick.
they might be worth that on the open market, but they are more valuable to the organization. If you like it or not.

Vodka_Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Jason Ward
Mike Ribeiro

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Mike Ribeiro
Not the same style of player or same situation, no one denied his talent, he was just a cancer to the team, also I'd like to add, what has he done since Morrow has been injured? 1 point in 5 games? I rest my case.

Old
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Not the same style of player or same situation, no one denied his talent, he was just a cancer to the team, also I'd like to add, what has he done since Morrow has been injured? 1 point in 5 games? I rest my case.
Actually a huge number of people said he sucked.

The whole Dallas team is sucking at the moment, so..

Old
11-30-2008, 02:17 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Latendresse doesn't really fit with the team right now and I don't see him as a fit for the future either.

Do we want to keep him on the 4th line? I don't think so. Do we want to trade him right now? I don't think so.

I think that Kyle Chipchura is a more likely candidate to leave before the trade deadline in a package deal. He doesn't have his place on the team and I don't really see a place for him in a near future. He is NHL ready IMO and he deserves to play.

That said, if there was a solid offer for Lats (let's say for a guy with the same upside), I would really think about it if the player coming back is a better fit on our team.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:21 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Jason Ward
Kilger and Ward had no hands, Latendresse has hands.. Marcel was a better exemple.. Lets hope he turns to be more like a John Leclair than another Marcel..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Andy

Quote:

well those people should watch hockey, because his vision is clearly above average, not elite, but very good regardless.

He needed a guy like Morrow to tough it for him in order to succeed, they have perfect chemistry, Morrow clearly gives Ribs time to move and decide which is why he was so effected.

Old
11-30-2008, 02:26 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

How he even lasted this long on the Habs is beyond me. Just goes to show you that you can very little talent, but you can still assure yourself of a job if you have the right last name.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:27 PM
AquaticBirdman
Gladams FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Kilger and Ward had no hands, Latendresse has hands.. Marcel was a better exemple.. Lets hope he turns to be more like a John Leclair than another Marcel..
Hands don't count for much if you have average-below average skating ability. He has the lateral movement and mobility of a 500 pounder.

AquaticBirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Latendresse doesn't really fit with the team right now and I don't see him as a fit for the future either.

Do we want to keep him on the 4th line? I don't think so. Do we want to trade him right now? I don't think so.

I think that Kyle Chipchura is a more likely candidate to leave before the trade deadline in a package deal. He doesn't have his place on the team and I don't really see a place for him in a near future. He is NHL ready IMO and he deserves to play.

That said, if there was a solid offer for Lats (let's say for a guy with the same upside), I would really think about it if the player coming back is a better fit on our team.
You do know we have 10 UFA next season right?...6 of which are Forwards. On top of that we have 4 Forwards that will be RFAs.

So..how can you actually say you don't think there's room for either Lats or Chipper in the near future??..
Lang will be gone next year, so Chipper will be in im convinced. Begin will be out, Dandenault also. Possibly one of Kovalev/Tanguay/Koivu as well and if Plekanec/Higgins sign for more than expected, maybe 2 of our 3 Big names will have to go.

So, on the contrary, there might be more than enough room for Lats and Chipper next year.

Old
11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony66 View Post
How he even lasted this long on the Habs is beyond me. Just goes to show you that you can very little talent, but you can still assure yourself of a job if you have the right last name.
Latendresse would have had more points than Malone had he played with Crosby and Malkin.

Old
11-30-2008, 02:34 PM
goldglove

talk about a lack of respect by carbonneau yesterday when he used d'agostini on the PP. I am not a Latendresse lover, but i think he deserve a shot way before the rookie who has not played a single game yet.

but yes, i would trade latendresse for a good young defenseman.

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Mue

I'm not a huge Latendresse fan but I would rather the organization be patient with him.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Habsfan18

honestly, and this is just my opinion...

Send him to Hamilton.

Flame away..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:55 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
You do know we have 10 UFA next season right?...6 of which are Forwards. On top of that we have 4 Forwards that will be RFAs.

So..how can you actually say you don't think there's room for either Lats or Chipper in the near future??..
Lang will be gone next year, so Chipper will be in im convinced. Begin will be out, Dandenault also. Possibly one of Kovalev/Tanguay/Koivu as well and if Plekanec/Higgins sign for more than expected, maybe 2 of our 3 Big names will have to go.

So, on the contrary, there might be more than enough room for Lats and Chipper next year.
The only possible spot for Chipchura next season IMO is the 4th line C. There's already Lapierre (C) and Laraque (RW) on the 4th line. Where do you see Chipchura? LW?

Koivu (he'll retire as a Hab)
Tanguay (I can't see how he would not be re-signed)
Higgins
AKostitsyn
Plekanec
SKostitsyn
Pacioretty

That's already 7 players without Kovalev and Latendresse. We can assume that Carbo will continue to roll three offensive lines. Where's the place for Chipchura?

And I didn't say that Lats doesn't have a place in this team. He's just not a good fit.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 02:55 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
I'd trade Sergei before Guillaume. The latter is a lot better protecting the puck in opposition zone and better at scoring in close.
You have evidence of this?

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
honestly, and this is just my opinion...

Send him to Hamilton.
Highly unlikely he goes unclaimed.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Turboflex*

Quote:

About that 5 year, 25 mill contract... woops

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Highly unlikely he goes unclaimed.
is it guaranteed that he'd have to clear waivers?

I thought he was still on his entry level deal.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote