HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edm/tor

Old
11-28-2008, 03:04 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
Gotta love Leaf fans--horrible deal for the oilers. Even if they dump Penner in the deal. Antropov is a gem only in the eyes of leaf fans. The deal is Penner for Antropov, Then Smid, Dubnyk, 1st and a 2second for Kaberle. The fact that Dubnyk is going to be the future number one goalie in Edmonton aside. I am not a kaberle fan and I think with Souray and Lubo already on the oilers d-line--he does would be a number 3 d-man with the oilers
You do realize that an Edmonton fan proposed this trade and not a leafs fan. So apparently an Oiler fan could see past the he must suck because he's a leaf and actually ***** his actual value. He's not a superstar but he's a very sound two way forward.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:18 PM
goliath5151

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderTimer View Post
So trade one to another team.....goalies are falling like flies right now or haven't you noticed?
Yes ive noticed this, but my point was the oilers are not going to pay full value for Toskala because they dont need a goaltender. Therefore it doesnt make sense for TO to trade him away to the oilers. Thats all im saying.

What you're suggesting is, trading for a player you dont want, just to trade him away instantly. Sorry, but 3-team trades are extremely rare for a reason.

goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:53 PM
MarryMarner

Cogliano
Deslauriers
Gilbert

for

Antropov
Kaberle
Stajan

Antropov-Horcoff-Hemsky
Nilsson-Gagner-Cole
Penner-Stajan-Pisani

Kaberle-Smid
Souray-Vishnovsky
Staios-Grebeskov

Hagman-Grabovski-Kulemin
Blake-Cogliano-Stempniak
Ponikarovsky-Moore-Tlusty
Mayers-Mitchell-Hollweg

Kubina-Schenn
Gilbert-Finger
Van Ryn-Stralman

MarryMarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Cogliano
Deslauriers
Gilbert

for

Antropov
Kaberle
Stajan
interesting but doubt either team would do it..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Newsflah brosef, nobody wants Penner or his garbage contract.
rofl. I cant believe all the garbage about Penner's contract. he scored 29 goals the year before we signed him thats why hes at where hes at. a 30 goal scorer deserves that contract and he can obviously repeat it. Michael Handzus is making around the same you tell me whos better. Penner looks great compared to what some players make.

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 06:40 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil devil View Post
Gotta love Leaf fans--horrible deal for the oilers. Even if they dump Penner in the deal. Antropov is a gem only in the eyes of leaf fans. The deal is Penner for Antropov, Then Smid, Dubnyk, 1st and a 2second for Kaberle. The fact that Dubnyk is going to be the future number one goalie in Edmonton aside. I am not a kaberle fan and I think with Souray and Lubo already on the oilers d-line--he does would be a number 3 d-man with the oilers
Antropov has proven to be a consistent player season through season, if you think that Antropov for Penner is a fair deal, you need to do some background research and quit bashing leafs fans becasue we KNOW that Antropov is worth far more than Penner

the Trade would be Antropov for Dubnyk (a 2nd rate AHL goalie) and Penner (a top 6 forward who has terrible work ethic) and Kaberle for a 1st and a 2nd, in both cases is actually a far more fair deal than most seem to realize

edit: a leaf fan didn't even make up this deal so you should watch who you're flaming before you decide to start flaming...

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:17 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post
rofl. I cant believe all the garbage about Penner's contract. he scored 29 goals the year before we signed him thats why hes at where hes at. a 30 goal scorer deserves that contract and he can obviously repeat it. Michael Handzus is making around the same you tell me whos better. Penner looks great compared to what some players make.
yeah and Blake scored 40 the year before Toronto signed him. Doesn't mean a thing

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Penner's contract makes a lot more sense on a team like TOR than it does for ANA. Edmonton was in a similar position to where Toronto is now when they made that offer. It made sense for EDM at the time, and didn't make sense for ANA.

Burke would consider bringing Penner to TOR. He is high on him and Penner's value is low. HE would probably consider it a coup if he were able to secure him for less than a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Would Burke have matched if he wasn't going to receive the draft pick compensation? Of course. It was a combination of the two elements. Its not as if the contract offer happened in the vaccuum of free agency.

I won't comment on the merits of this particular deal, though. It doesn't really help Edmonton. Our D is playing great out there, 3 of the top 5 scorers are on the D. We need fresh meat in the forward position.

seems like a lot of wishful thinking to me.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote