HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers OTF Updates on Briere, Parent, Jones

Old
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You heard me.

He had one good game in last 6?
You mean Kuks had 1 good game in last 6?

I know everyone is saying Sbisa is tired, ect, ect, but being honest everyone should worry about Coburn (didn't see last game but a minus -3 and from everyone's comments didn't look good), and even Carle (games I watched he made some bad passes, ones Sbisa might have messed up also). Instead of looking to just get rid of Sbisa... and put in Kuks () maybe wait till Jones is back...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:16 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Coburn is taking almost twice as many penalties as last year

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
No about the fact that he's not learning anything. Players in their 30's are still learning things about the game. When your 18, you learn 5 times as fast.
5 times fast? wow...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You mean Kuks had 1 good game in last 6?

I know everyone is saying Sbisa is tired, ect, ect, but being honest everyone should worry about Coburn (didn't see last game but a minus -3 and from everyone's comments didn't look good), and even Carle (games I watched he made some bad passes, ones Sbisa might have messed up also). Instead of looking to just get rid of Sbisa... and put in Kuks () maybe wait till Jones is back...
Coburn leads our team in minor penalties. I agree Carke did not look too good in last two games but nothing like Coburn.

I do not see anything wrong with sitting Sbisa for a few games.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
5 times fast? wow...
Coburn leads our team in minor penalties. I agree Carke did not look too good in last two games but nothing like Coburn.

I do not see anything wrong with sitting Sbisa for a few games.
Sitting him is essentially an admission that he's not ready for an 82 game schedule against grown men, and that he should have been sent down. I doubt the team is going to admit their mistake in this case.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Sitting him is essentially an admission that he's not ready for an 82 game schedule against grown men, and that he should have been sent down. I doubt the team is going to admit their mistake in this case.
I remember Pitkanen in his 1st year and he was 20 years old. Joni's play was slipping so Hitch put him in the press box. Rested him and than brought him back.

Old
11-30-2008, 10:15 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I remember Pitkanen in his 1st year and he was 20 years old. Joni's play was slipping so Hitch put him in the press box. Rested him and than brought him back.
Stevens doesn't have the cajones that Hitch did to do something like that (for that reason anyway).

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:23 AM
rayearth

From the DN.

Quote:
Danny Briere should be back against Tampa Bay . . . Riley Cote has been ready to come back for a while, but since he was put on the long-term injury list for cap space he's had to wait out the 10-game, 24-day period . . . Josh Gratton has done a great job in Cote's place, but look for him to go back to the Phantoms.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
I cant wait till the both of them get back. Briere will be a boost and as I enjoyed Gratton's time, but we need our heavyweight.

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
I cant wait till the both of them get back. Briere will be a boost and as I enjoyed Gratton's time, but we need our heavyweight.
210lbs hardly makes Cote a heavyweight. I thought Gratton was a better player. With Gratton that 4th line looked a lot better then with Cote.

Hopefully Briere is 100%

Old
12-01-2008, 09:27 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Quote:
210lbs hardly makes Cote a heavyweight. I thought Gratton was a better player. With Gratton that 4th line looked a lot better then with Cote.
Well yeah derr, by Heavyweight, i mean a guy who Knocks dudes out easier, not actual weight.

I agree that there were alot of times when the 4th line got alot of good pressure, but it doesnt matter, since Gratton will go down when Cote can come back.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Cleary84

I'm going tomorrow night, hope I see Danny and Riles play.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 929
Updated new lines, Cote is in per Timmah:
Quote:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Tim-P...d-Nodl/2/18152

So, assuming Briere is on the ice tomorrow at the WAC when the Tampa Bay Lightning come to South Philly, the wingers will be Joffrey Lupul and Andreas Nodl.

That's the unit Stevens used today at Skate Zone and that's where he wants Briere tomorrow.

“I don’t have the statistics, but that might be the best line in hockey right now," Stevens said of Gagne-Richards-Knuble, when I asked about this at today's practice. "It’s a good fit right there.

"If Danny is able to play we’ll get him back in there and get his legs back under him. It’s something that will evolve, but for now, that’s the way it’s going to stay.”

Briere has missed nine games in succession with a left groin pull. Richards' centered Briere's line during eight of those absences. Under Richards, the line amassed 24 points. That's production and there's no reason to fool with it. Stevens recognizes when things are going good with line combinations.

Now, Jeff Carter missed practice today nursing his sore right shoulder. How ironic that Carter was injured by Joni Pitkanen, of all people, last week. How many checks did Joni ever throw here as a Flyer?

Anyway, Carter says he will return vs. Tampa Bay. He will play with Scottie Upshall and Scott Hartnell.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Carterfor60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Stevens doesn't have the cajones that Hitch did to do something like that (for that reason anyway).
Hitch wasn't operating in a Salary Cap era either.

Carterfor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:25 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carterfor60 View Post
Hitch wasn't operating in a Salary Cap era either.
Doesn't really matter when the guy he'd replace him with is on the roster anyway.

Old
12-01-2008, 11:31 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
I thought it was the veterans that Stevens is afraid of...

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:07 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I thought it was the veterans that Stevens is afraid of...
Pretty sure you've never seen me say that. I've questioned individual decisions, but I prefer not to generalize like that. He seems to have certain guys he refuses to call out publicly (which a trip to the press box would be) and, to me, Sbisa seems to be in that group. I also don't claim that it's necessarily a bad thing that Stevens is less prickly. Just pointing out their personality differences.

Old
12-03-2008, 12:46 AM
ipayyou1000

Briere injured again. Homer said that the doctors thought he was experencing discomfort because of scar tissue. It's listed in the review of the game on their site. They said they don't think it's serious and he could play thurs.

Scar Tissue breaking up? Hmmm sounds fishy i think he ll be out until next week but we ll see.

ipayyou1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Miss Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayyou1000 View Post
Briere injured again. Homer said that the doctors thought he was experencing discomfort because of scar tissue. It's listed in the review of the game on their site. They said they don't think it's serious and he could play thurs.

Scar Tissue breaking up? Hmmm sounds fishy i think he ll be out until next week but we ll see.
Man that sucks.

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 07:39 AM
RoDu

Lt him sit, we'll need a healthy Brieire down the road. Right now Richards, Carter and Gagne can carry the load

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Pretty sure you've never seen me say that. I've questioned individual decisions, but I prefer not to generalize like that. He seems to have certain guys he refuses to call out publicly (which a trip to the press box would be) and, to me, Sbisa seems to be in that group. I also don't claim that it's necessarily a bad thing that Stevens is less prickly. Just pointing out their personality differences.
Okay but that's not what you said. You said Stevens lacks the "cojones" required to sit Sbisa. Seems to me that means you think he is fearful of someone or something.

It looks to me like Kukkonen is better than Sbisa but Sbisa is getting the call to suit up and play. Must be a reason for that. Perhaps they are just giving him a long look so he know what to drive for once he leaves the team.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
On CSN, they updated Jones condition and they said he might be ready to play on Saturday

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayyou1000 View Post

It could be....I had that problem on a much smaller scale in my hand. I had to have two pins inserted. Shortly after I had them removed and I did my rehab, I was getting all kinds of pain and the doctor determined it was the scar tissue in there that was breaking up because of all the punching and grappling I was doing (martial arts training) It was tolerable, but pretty painful just in my hand...I would imagine it would be worse with Briere's injury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Lt him sit, we'll need a healthy Brieire down the road. Right now Richards, Carter and Gagne can carry the load
I agree here. Since the team is playing well and Carter and Richards are on fire at the moment, make sure he is completely healthy.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Opus

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
On CSN, they updated Jones condition and they said he might be ready to play on Saturday
Wow. That's early.

I look forward to having back, I'm not one of the haters here.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus View Post
Wow. That's early.

I look forward to having back, I'm not one of the haters here.
I'm anxious to get him back if only to see what roster moves are going to be made.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Dont know if anyone has seen this, Briere hurt the same area again.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891