HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek article from habsinsideout

Old
11-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Iyathurai
Still missing Saku:(

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Iyathurai
Komisarek article from habsinsideout

http://habsinsideout.com/main/11930

Good read...it's about what was his experience was like behind the bench and more.

Favorite quote:
Quote:
I was wondering if I could still go grab dinner and a beer with the guys, he joked. I got a lot of heat from them. They told me, Why dont you go out with your new friends?
and when asked about the All stars..
Quote:
Im here to win a Stanley Cup, not an All-Star Game, Komisarek said. Being part of the game would be awesome. If Im part of it, great. If Im not, thats fine, too.

As much as it would be a great experience, I want to come back and make the push for the second half of the season. I dont know where Im going to be (in late January) with my injury. Well see.

But its an absolute honour just to be considered, and if Im voted onto the team, Id love to be there.

Iyathurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:24 PM
emb24*

goes to show you how highly carbo thinks of him. Gainey why the freak haven't you signed him yet????????

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:36 PM
le_sean

I could very well see him as a coach when he retires, definitely a guy the players will love and he's vocal.

I hope that shoulder injury isn't so bad that he's going to lighten the hitting load when he comes back. If not, then watch out because the Habs will have a fresh Komisarek for the playoffs, around only 60 games played.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHfan1990 View Post
http://habsinsideout.com/main/11930

Good read...it's about what was his experience was like behind the bench and more.

Favorite quote:

and when asked about the All stars..
headline breaking news?

Komisarek offered head coachig job in tampa bay

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Coach K eh?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 05:34 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Komi is a beast, and he is the next Captain of this team.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:28 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I could very well see him as a coach when he retires, definitely a guy the players will love and he's vocal.

I hope that shoulder injury isn't so bad that he's going to lighten the hitting load when he comes back. If not, then watch out because the Habs will have a fresh Komisarek for the playoffs, around only 60 games played.
I don't know, Komisarek hasn't been the same since his injury last year.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Evil Ted

I don't like the way he talks about his injury, must be something pretty serious if by late January its still giving him trouble.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:10 AM
TCIH

Quote:
Disregard Bowmans five Stanley Cups in this city from 1971-79 and Scotty who?

Youve got to quit while youre on top, right? Komisarek said Sunday, laughing, now just 633 games behind Bowman but already contemplating retirement.
Brilliant.

Shame about the circumstances under which he had the opportunity to step behind the bench, but I thought it was pretty cool to see him there. Looked sharp, too.

TCIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 07:37 AM
HotPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

Well let's be honest here. Komisarek still hits and block shots, but he's been terrible defensively. I just hope he can find his game defensively again.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:04 AM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
I don't like the way he talks about his injury, must be something pretty serious if by late January its still giving him trouble.
I think he's just saying that because he's feeling a bit sheepish about the fans voting him in over guys like Chara. If he gets voted in, I suspect he might claim injury so he can graciously step aside for someone he thinks is more deserving of a spot. I think Komisarek has a lot of pride and doesn't want to feel like he's only at the game because fans Fitzpatricked him in there. Hopefully it's something like that, rather than real concern about the extent of the injury. He did also say in the article that if it was the playoffs he'd be in the lineup.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
I think he's just saying that because he's feeling a bit sheepish about the fans voting him in over guys like Chara. If he gets voted in, I suspect he might claim injury so he can graciously step aside for someone he thinks is more deserving of a spot. I think Komisarek has a lot of pride and doesn't want to feel like he's only at the game because fans Fitzpatricked him in there. Hopefully it's something like that, rather than real concern about the extent of the injury. He did also say in the article that if it was the playoffs he'd be in the lineup.
Komi is on the ballot, and is hyped by many famous journalists like P.McGuire as one of the top D in the East. Don't try to read between the lines i think he was just being honest.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Komi is on the ballot, and is hyped by many famous journalists like P.McGuire as one of the top D in the East.
WE know that. But that doesn't mean Komo BELIEVES that. CB was just pointing to Komo not thinking he should be ahead of those guys. He wasn't saying that he thought Komo should not be ahead of those guys.

And anyways if Komo doesn't think he's as good as those guys I don't see a problem with that (might cost us a little less come signing time).

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
goes to show you how highly carbo thinks of him. Gainey why the freak haven't you signed him yet????????
No kidding, I guess Gainey wants fans to sweat it out. Either way I just it gets done, the sooner the better

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
jnthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
No kidding, I guess Gainey wants fans to sweat it out. Either way I just it gets done, the sooner the better
I think its a little more complicated than that. A few players have expressed a desire to be resigned quickly before the end of the year. If you sign Komo, you need to look at least opening negotiations with those guys. Depending on how much money you give Komo, you might end up having to sign some of these guys simply to get decent results with them this year (i.e. a guy like Kovalev wants to be signed. Gainey says wait till the end of the season. Then BG turns around and signs Komo. How do you think Kovy takes it or even Saku.). I guess it comes down to morale.

BG also has to worry about the current economical situation. If he signs Komo and a few other players and the salary cap goes down, then he might be in some hot water come next season.

That being said. I think having too many UFAs is not helping either. People in general get nervous when they don't know where they are headed. Nervous people make mistakes since their concentration is not 100% on the task. I don't see how that would not happen to hockey players. So maybe signing some of these players would provide some much needed stability.

So all in all, I doubt its as easy as just "sign him now!".

Old
12-01-2008, 03:39 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
I think its a little more complicated than that. A few players have expressed a desire to be resigned quickly before the end of the year. If you sign Komo, you need to look at least opening negotiations with those guys. Depending on how much money you give Komo, you might end up having to sign some of these guys simply to get decent results with them this year (i.e. a guy like Kovalev wants to be signed. Gainey says wait till the end of the season. Then BG turns around and signs Komo. How do you think Kovy takes it or even Saku.). I guess it comes down to morale.

BG also has to worry about the current economical situation. If he signs Komo and a few other players and the salary cap goes down, then he might be in some hot water come next season.

That being said. I think having too many UFAs is not helping either. People in general get nervous when they don't know where they are headed. Nervous people make mistakes since their concentration is not 100% on the task. I don't see how that would not happen to hockey players. So maybe signing some of these players would provide some much needed stability.

So all in all, I doubt its as easy as just "sign him now!".
Yea I was actually kidding, I don't really think that Gainey is sitting around waiting on signing Komisarek just so fans can sweat it out. Sorry I should have put a to make it clear.

I understand the factors but in the end I don't care, I just want him re-signed, Gainey's got a tough job ahead of him this summer, I fully expect to lose a few UFA's and I fully hope we lose a few UFA's, but as long as Komi, and 2 of Tang/Koivu/Kovy are back I'll be happy.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
jnthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yea I was actually kidding, I don't really think that Gainey is sitting around waiting on signing Komisarek just so fans can sweat it out. Sorry I should have put a to make it clear.

I understand the factors but in the end I don't care, I just want him re-signed, Gainey's got a tough job ahead of him this summer, I fully expect to lose a few UFA's and I fully hope we lose a few UFA's, but as long as Komi, and 2 of Tang/Koivu/Kovy are back I'll be happy.
My sarcasm filter was off sorry. Still so many people have expressed that view, so I hope I made a bit of sense in figuring out what might be stalling potential UFAs.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Kovalev go. As much as I'm a huge fan of his, I do believe age has caught up with him. On the other hand, if he signs for a lot less, than well I wouldn't mind having him here in case he has a rebound season next year, or manages to get fired up come playoff time.

Komo is a must sign in my mind, unless he asks for way too much.

Old
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
emb24*

well then Gainey's painted himself into a bloody corner and he better revise his plans and start signing guys asap. if everyone walks and our RFA's get offer sheets he should be fired. and i love gainey, but that is utterly unacceptable and lacks complete foresight. what's the point of good drafting if you can't lock up your OWN best players in their prime? he's playing russian roulette If he's waiting to sign guys at the end of the year. and it's WRONG.

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote