HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado/Minnesota

Old
11-29-2008, 07:08 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
Colorado/Minnesota

Seeing how people get dismantled for bad proposals, I dont general make these. But I had been thinking of this one for a while.

I feel that having Harding and Backstrom is a waste as both goalies can be a starter. Since Backstrom has been playing very well I can see them wanting to move Harding as opposed to Backstrom. Colorado doesn't have a #1 goalie and as I said I feel either one of Minnesota's goalie are good enough to start. Soooooooo how about....

To Minnesota:
Marek Svatos (2.050 through 09/10)

To Colorado:
Josh Harding (RFA)

I think this works well for both teams but Im not sure which team would have to add picks. Would Minnesota need to include a low-rounder? Iuno.

Soooooooooooo Have-at-er

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:11 PM
chewey
dmitri

Mhm, if Svatos is traded it might be for something more. Not saying the Avs don't need a goalie, I still don't trust Budaj tho his stats are fine at this stage but the Avs goalie poll is significantly dead. I feel the Avs would probably add Svatos in a package for something else.

Plus, Svatos is a small offensive minded one trick goal scoring pony. I don't know how well he'd do under the Minni system. A Gaborik he is not, well at least in terms of skill injury wise is another case.

chewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:25 PM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

Svatos has, as most of our team, been underperforming this season. Budaj is infact the guy keeping us in the games lately. That said, I would still do this. Like Hyori said, however, I don't think Minny would be the team first inquiring about Svatos.

VikingAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 07:35 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

I was gonna make it Harding for Penner but couldnt come up with something that would work with the Cap

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:16 PM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

I think the Wild like Harding too much to let him go to the Avs, especially since Backstrom doesn't have an extension in place.

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 08:24 PM
State of Hockey

Um, no, no way. If Harding is traded in the division, you can bet it's for more than that. Think Wolski.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 09:30 PM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

As an Avs fan, YES! Love Harding.

Minnesota fans, how long is Harding going to want to watch Backstrom play?

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:05 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Um, no, no way. If Harding is traded in the division, you can bet it's for more than that. Think Wolski.
Lol yeah, keep dreamin'

Please explain how a guy with 41 career NHL games that's NOT proven anything as a starter as of yet is worth Wolski.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:18 AM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Lol yeah, keep dreamin'

Please explain how a guy with 41 career NHL games that's NOT proven anything as a starter as of yet is worth Wolski.
His point isn't necessarily about whether the swap would be even, but rather what the Wild would aim at if they were to deal within the division...which is a fair enough point.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
His point isn't necessarily about whether the swap would be even, but rather what the Wild would aim at if they were to deal within the division...which is a fair enough point.
Ah ok...then I would agree that that's who they would aim to get but the Avs wouldn't bite.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:41 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
My thought exactly.

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 01:43 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Lol yeah, keep dreamin'

So the Wild are going to help a division rival solve their goaltending issues for what a 2nd round pick? Then if he becomes as good as some think they can face him 6 times per year.

No offense but the Wild can keep both goalies and wait for someone to make a realistic offer. Honestly I would deal Harding to Philly straight up for Lupul in a heartbeat. Lupul is a much more complete player than Wolski anyway.

Last edited by North Metro Peewees: 11-30-2008 at 01:48 AM.
North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
NHL33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Mites View Post
No offense but the Wild can keep both goalies and wait for someone to make a realistic offer. Honestly I would deal Harding to Philly straight up for Lupul in a heartbeat. Lupul is a much more complete player than Wolski anyway.
Hmm, Harding has good talent but he is rather unproven. I would be very surprised if he would get anything near a Wolski or Lupul--regardless of who is superior between the two. The Wild might be best off waiting, which is fine and possibly the smartest course of action, but is Lupul or Wolski a "realistic" offer given the past history of the returns that such unproven goalies traded garner?

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
but is Lupul or Wolski a "realistic" offer given the past history of the returns that such unproven goalies traded garner?
The best example of a trade I can think of was Smith + for Richards +. Richards was a big return, and Smith was not thought of as highly as Harding.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
kenny #9

Quote:
The best example of a trade I can think of was Smith + for Richards +. Richards was a big return, and Smith was not thought of as highly as Harding.
That was a salary dump though, so its a different situation. If Richards salary wasnt so high he would have brought back a bigger return.

kenny #9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Pure

Svatos is a realistic offer for Harding. Like minny fans said, trading Harding to a division rival is risky because he could break out. Svatos could do the EXACT same thing, hes proven it more than Harding.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:10 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Would you trade Svatos for Schneider?

I know Schneider is the shiny new toy in the Northwest division but Harding has been equally dominate in the AHL and in the WHL as any goaltender. He's also played brilliantly in his NHL career, though he still needs polishing.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote