HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs-Flyers

Old
12-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Krazy

vCash: 500
I agree that the flyers probably have too many puck movers and need more of a banger.

Thats why I would say Kubina for one of the lesser forwards Ie hartnell or lupul

Kimo Coburn
Carle Kubina

Looks like a better top 4
Montreal and boston need more of a pure puck mover and thats where kaberle would fit better.

And for the holy love of *****
Matt carle who was 1/4 of the trade for dan boyle is rght below kaberle? Boyle is right below Kaberle...
He is a 50-60 pt defenseman, Coburn is a 30 pt defenseman....Slight difference.

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:08 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I agree that the flyers probably have too many puck movers and need more of a banger.

Thats why I would say Kubina for one of the lesser forwards Ie hartnell or lupul

Kimo Coburn
Carle Kubina

Looks like a better top 4
Montreal and boston need more of a pure puck mover and thats where kaberle would fit better.

And for the holy love of *****
Matt carle who was 1/4 of the trade for dan boyle is rght below kaberle? Boyle is right below Kaberle...
He is a 50-60 pt defenseman, Coburn is a 30 pt defenseman....Slight difference.
i like kubina, but he just makes too much to fit on the flyers. that's kind of why kaberle is attractive; he makes a bargain contract.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:35 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares View Post
Dude if kaberle is getting 53 points without a top player i agree imagine if he was playing with a good player

Mark Sterit is 3rd in points in the leauge and has two more points than kaberle. He also has one more game played. But ya other than that, being amazing in every situation, with a great contract and being 30 young he sucks lol
Take off your blue and white sunglasses buddy. I'm Leafs fan too and no way do I have the same opinions as you do on Kaberle. Is Kabby and good dman? Yes! Is he one of the best in the league? No!. Kaberle is NOT good in every situation. He is a great puck moving dman, he is great at carrying the puck up the ice, he can QB a PP but other than that he is average to below average. He is not good in his own end, he can't play physical at all and gets caught out of position alot. If a team is looking for a puck mover than head up their PP then Kabby is your man but if they need actual defense then he isn't.

The most attractive thing about Kaberle is his contract. A team will give the Leafs a young forward, prospect and 1st rd pick because thats usually the going rate for good dman but don't go acting like this guy is Bobby Orr....you are embarrassing Leafs fans.

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:38 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Coburn has shown he can give you Kaberle's output, and Carle is right below Kaberle right now. I don't see why it's urgent to get a Kaberle. I'd rather get a better defensive shut-down D-Man.
You're right, the Flyers probably have no interest in Kaberle. Timonen does the exact same thing as Kabby does only he is better in his own end. Carle is an offensive dman that can QB the PP and Coburn is coming into his own. The Flyers need a shutdown guy more than an offensive dman right now.

Old
12-01-2008, 08:39 AM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersCupChamps08 View Post
why does poni name come up in every leafs flyers proposal??
Maybe because he is expendable? I thought that would be a pretty obvious answer don't you think?

Old
12-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Whats the valuable part to the Leafs? I wouldn't do that deal for Kaberle alone. If you want Kaberle, there has to be a very nice centerpiece. IMO, Lupul isn't it.
I think Lupul will be back, scoring pts working hard once Briere is back. He is still on paste to score over 25 goals playing on line with Metropolit.

Gagne Briere Knuble
Hartnell Richards Lupul
Upshall Carter Nodl
Cote Metro Asham

but who knows what our genius head coach will do.

I have to say Lupuls work ethic is disgusting sometimes. He does not play the same way he did last season. Right now he plays like he did in Edmonton, which is a bad news.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:15 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
You're right, the Flyers probably have no interest in Kaberle. Timonen does the exact same thing as Kabby does only he is better in his own end. Carle is an offensive dman that can QB the PP and Coburn is coming into his own. The Flyers need a shutdown guy more than an offensive dman right now.
You know your Flyers defense very well. For being a fan of another team, I'm impressed. Your analysis of Timonen is right on, Carle is dead on as well and Coburn is as well.

And you're right on our needs for defense...

BRavo! Good show chap

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:31 PM
MattPippy

Interesting how Philly is doing remarkably well even though Briere is on the sidelines. What about:

TO Philly:
Tomas Kaberle

TO Toronto:
Briere
Jones

Supposedly you don't need Kaberle, well, you're insane, the guy is a stud simply put. Giving up Briere doesn't seem to matter as Philly is scoring quite a lot with what they have. Toronto takes Jones for cap reasons and Briere is really someone you could build a team around, a very solid 1st line centre. Philly doesn't have to give up any prospects or picks.

Yes/No? Thoughts?

MattPippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPippy View Post
Interesting how Philly is doing remarkably well even though Briere is on the sidelines. What about:

TO Philly:
Tomas Kaberle

TO Toronto:
Briere
Jones

Supposedly you don't need Kaberle, well, you're insane, the guy is a stud simply put. Giving up Briere doesn't seem to matter as Philly is scoring quite a lot with what they have. Toronto takes Jones for cap reasons and Briere is really someone you could build a team around, a very solid 1st line centre. Philly doesn't have to give up any prospects or picks.

Yes/No? Thoughts?
I'd do it.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:

TO Philly:
Tomas Kaberle

TO Toronto:
Briere
Jones

Yes/No? Thoughts?
id do it, though i really think the flyers would be better off getting a defensive stalwart.

Old
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Krazy

not that its a big deal, but

Kubina makes .75 more than Kaberle.....

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
not that its a big deal, but

Kubina makes .75 more than Kaberle.....
thats a lot when the flyers have .4 left in capspace

Old
12-01-2008, 02:59 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

TO Philly:
Tomas Kaberle

TO Toronto:
Briere
Jones

Yes/No? Thoughts?
Briere is 6.5, Kaberle is cheaper...why would you need Jones for cap reasons? We'd be clearing space

Old
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:

Supposedly you don't need Kaberle, well, you're insane, the guy is a stud simply put. Giving up Briere doesn't seem to matter as Philly is scoring quite a lot with what they have.

Yes/No? Thoughts?
We don't NEED Kaberle. We need a defensive D-Man, not Kaberle. Now, would I take him? Sure, but at what price?

Old
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
duncanmac12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
Don't need Kaberle, unless Carle is going the other way. At this point, they'd be better off adding another solid stay at home dman like Ossi V..
so u want Carrle to play for 4 different teams in 5 or 6 months C-R-A-Z-Y

duncanmac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
i like kubina, but he just makes too much to fit on the flyers. that's kind of why kaberle is attractive; he makes a bargain contract.
i think people are underestimating kaberle...i don't think i would trade carter but he is worth more the lupul and giroux...top pairing dmen have a higher value in general.

if flyers add kabelre then they have to make another move for a physical dman because they would be too small.

i would move jones, lupul, & a pick for kubina +

coburn - kimo
carle - kubina
ossi - parent

kubina $5MM is less then $7MM for lupul + jones

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Take off your blue and white sunglasses buddy. I'm Leafs fan too and no way do I have the same opinions as you do on Kaberle. Is Kabby and good dman? Yes! Is he one of the best in the league? No!. Kaberle is NOT good in every situation. He is a great puck moving dman, he is great at carrying the puck up the ice, he can QB a PP but other than that he is average to below average. He is not good in his own end, he can't play physical at all and gets caught out of position alot. If a team is looking for a puck mover than head up their PP then Kabby is your man but if they need actual defense then he isn't.

The most attractive thing about Kaberle is his contract. A team will give the Leafs a young forward, prospect and 1st rd pick because thats usually the going rate for good dman but don't go acting like this guy is Bobby Orr....you are embarrassing Leafs fans.
So you've switched McCabe's name for Kaberle's. Same arguments as last year but with a new face. Brutal. If Kaberle is as bad as your describing him then we couldn't get what your proposing in a trade. No one is saying he's bobby orr he's just not as bad as you make him out to be.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:44 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post
i think people are underestimating kaberle...i don't think i would trade carter but he is worth more the lupul and giroux...top pairing dmen have a higher value in general.

if flyers add kabelre then they have to make another move for a physical dman because they would be too small.

coburn - kimo
carle - kubina
ossi - parent

i'm not underestimating kaberle; he's a great player, but just not one we have a dire need for. i'd do that kubina deal depending on what the + is.

Old
12-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Mike Richards 18

vCash: 50
love to move briere but sorry it wont happen he has a NMC and as much as i would love to move him and his contract the possibility of him moving is equal to that of jason blake.

Mike Richards 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
mooseOAK*

It's much more fun watching the Flyers' defence lose games for them rather than helping them out, IMO anyway. Hate to see Matt Carle get less ice time.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Coburn has shown he can give you Kaberle's output, and Carle is right below Kaberle right now. I don't see why it's urgent to get a Kaberle. I'd rather get a better defensive shut-down D-Man.
When has Coburn EVER shown he can give Kaberles output? His highest points total is 36, and hes on pace to have 32 this year. Carle barely made SJ's roster and then was traded twice within the year. I can understand Philly rather getting a shutdown D-man, but either Im not understanding your points or you're really offbase.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
I think Lupul will be back, scoring pts working hard once Briere is back. He is still on paste to score over 25 goals playing on line with Metropolit.

Gagne Briere Knuble
Hartnell Richards Lupul
Upshall Carter Nodl
Cote Metro Asham

but who knows what our genius head coach will do.

I have to say Lupuls work ethic is disgusting sometimes. He does not play the same way he did last season. Right now he plays like he did in Edmonton, which is a bad news.
Personally, I think Lupul wont produce unless he has talent around him. Briere goes down, his totals suffer. Edmonton...self-explanatory that year. Good team in Anaheim...25+ goals. He won't produce in Toronto and will just end up being a bunch of wasted assets.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 06:55 PM
thedjpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
Personally, I think Lupul wont produce unless he has talent around him. Briere goes down, his totals suffer. Edmonton...self-explanatory that year. Good team in Anaheim...25+ goals. He won't produce in Toronto and will just end up being a bunch of wasted assets.
Briere hasn't ever played with Lupul. He hasn't been great this year but is still on pace for 28 goals. Briere and Lupul will play together for the first time tomorrow.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:30 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Banker View Post

coburn - kimo
carle - kubina
ossi - parent

would Kubina + Mayers 6.333m cap hit both are signed through next year for Lupul + Jones + 3rd work 7m cap coming back. Figured Mayers would be an attractive addition for the playoffs

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:03 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
would Kubina + Mayers 6.333m cap hit both are signed through next year for Lupul + Jones + 3rd work 7m cap coming back. Figured Mayers would be an attractive addition for the playoffs
DONE DEAL!

i was actually thinking mayers when I put the "+" in but was to busy to look up cap hit...mayer, metro, & asham would be a good 4th line especially come playoff time...all three can move up and fill in if someone is draggin there arse for a game...it's not like cote or gratton strike fear into people that the flyers need them as enforcers.

gagne-richards-knuble
nodl-carter-hartnell
upshall-briere-lupul
mayers-metro-asham

coburn-kimo
carle-kubina
parent-vannanen
alberts

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote