HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal:Mtl-NJ-Car

Old
11-30-2008, 10:27 PM
mariolemieux66

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Trade proposal:Mtl-NJ-Car

I posted the ame proposal on the New Jersey and Carolina board.
Waiting for feed backs.
What do you guys think?

I have notice that some Devils fans are wanting a puck moving d-men and possibly a good young back up goalie and this without having to pay too much.
Montreal is also looking for a puck moving d-men and some grit at the forward position.
Carolina has 4 offensive defensemens and could use some toughness at the back.

There is my proposal

To Carolina

Bouillon
Montreal 4th rd
New Jersey 3rd rd

To Montreal

Joe Corvo
Scott Clemmensen
David Clarkson
Kevin Cormier

To New Jersey

Frantisek Kaberle
Jaroslav Halak
Tom Kostopoulos

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
MonacoBlue

Carolina says no. Montreal says no. New Jersey says yes.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:31 PM
terreur

vCash: 50
I say no for Montreal, No for Carolina and NJ will want that trade...

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Waiting for feed backs.
What do you guys think?

I have notice that some Devils fans are wanting a puck moving d-men and possibly a good young back up goalie and this without having to pay too much.
Montreal is also looking for a puck moving d-men and some grit at the forward position.

There is my proposal

To Carolina

Bouillon
Montreal 4th rd
New Jersey 3rd rd

To Montreal

Joe Corvo
Scott Clemmensen
David Clarkson
Kevin Cormier

To New Jersey

Frantisek Kaberle
Jaroslav Halak
Tom Kostopoulos
wow, terrible Montreal standpoint, Clemmensen is AHL bound, last i heard of Cormier he was going back and fourth from ECHL to AHL, Corvo is just another Brisebois witha belowm average slapper, only Clarkson would look good but not at the expense of Bouillon, Kostopoulos (who's exactly the same kind of player, just a less good fighter), Halak, who's 5X the goalie Clemmensen can ever hope of being. Why not just bring Denis instead?, and a pick. Dude lay off the proposals, most posters don't give a crap about guys who only do proposals, anyways it's terrible

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:36 PM
Iwishihadacup

Mtl do this for what?

for a one side of the rink joe Corvo?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Clarkson would be a great add. This team have no mean streak at all.

But this proposal is very bad in a MTL-Car point of view I think

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Waiting for feed backs.
What do you guys think?

There is my proposal

To Carolina

Bouillon
Montreal 4th rd
New Jersey 3rd rd

To Montreal

Joe Corvo
Scott Clemmensen
David Clarkson
Kevin Cormier

To New Jersey

Frantisek Kaberle
Jaroslav Halak
Tom Kostopoulos
While Corvo may fill a need, this guy found the pressure in OTTAWA to be too much and wanted to go back to the US.

What exactly makes you think he'll love Montreal?

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM
emb24*

another pointless lateral move. unfortunately all of your trade proposals usually are.

corvo for cube
clarkson for TK
clemmensen for halak?

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2008, 11:31 PM
le_sean

Terrible. Keep Halak, you never know with all of the injuries. I would not feel comfortable with either Denis or Clemmensen leading this team. I like Clarkson, but pointless to trade Kostopoulos for him and Corvo is bad defensively.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:04 AM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
We all agree that we need a puck moving d-men.
But nobody seem to want to trade players like Higgins, Kostitsyn, Kovalev, Pacioretty or 1st round draft pick. Because of that i am looking for d-men that wont cost to much.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Lucius

Quote:
But nobody seem to want to trade players like Higgins, Kostitsyn, Kovalev, Pacioretty or 1st round draft pick. Because of that i am looking for d-men that wont cost to much.
Well, people are silly. The fact, is you got to give something up to get something and tossing assets on top of assets is not going to fetch us much. It cannot be 10 spare parts.

I'd personally pursue Tom Preissing in Los Angeles. He's out of favor, fits the role and could be had inexpensively.

The flaw with him is his cap hit of 2.75/year for this year and two more.

Now, Preissing is an offensive defender and could excel if insulated. He is not great in his own end, but neither are most inexpensive offensive defenseman. He's been a healthy scratch on a young LA D, though.

His contract might be something LA really wants to shed, which makes me think that perhaps Dandenault for Preissing would be considered. They'd basically be chopping term (1.75 left for Dandy for the rest of the year) and we'd take on the three year deal, but clear enough cap room in Dandenault to fit him in.

LA would likely also want a prospect, but I assume given the contract, a mid-round pick or a second tier guy (Belle, Stewart, etc.) might do the trick in a salary dump move for them.

The question from a Montreal perspective, the only thing that would make me pause is if Preissing's term limits our ability to re-up Tanguay, Kovalev, Koivu and/or Komisarek.

Old
12-01-2008, 12:31 AM
le_sean

Preissing is terrible defensively, he just doesn't hit at all, shies away from contact. Not the kind of player I would want.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 05:23 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
*sigh* another god forsake trade offer that makes little to no sense. I don`t want inexperienced Corvo whos still trying to find himself. Hes the top pairing D on Carolina, and hes having trouble there too? 9 points in 25 games. No thanks, not a person we need right now. If it were Jbo well thats a different nutshell.

Why not just go for Eric Staal? I mean at the rate we are speculating its only a matter of time. Carolina is underpreforming and Staal isn't doing well. Might as well scoop him up for Halak, 1st, Fischer, and Higgins or Pleks. Yep..just another day in the Life of Yarfangor Gainey.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Preissing is terrible defensively, he just doesn't hit at all, shies away from contact. Not the kind of player I would want.
Fair enough, but answer me this Catch-22.

Every mid-range offensive defenseman who can help the PP that is proposed, a group of people say he's useless in his own end and not the kind of player you would want.

Yet, at the same time, people do want an offensive defenseman.

There is no way to get someone who can score on the PP, shut down the opposition and put people through the boards in a way that makes sense to the cap and doesn't require significant roster players in return.

That's the fact of trading.

Tomas Kaberle might be an interesting choice for example, if he waived his NTC. At 4.25, we'd need to send a good chunk of salary back. Would you prefer Preissing for next to nothing off the roster or Kaberle for, say, Higgins, Halak and a pick/prospect (and a roster dump, like Dandenault to make the cap work)?

Old
12-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Fair enough, but answer me this Catch-22.

Every mid-range offensive defenseman who can help the PP that is proposed, a group of people say he's useless in his own end and not the kind of player you would want.

Yet, at the same time, people do want an offensive defenseman.

There is no way to get someone who can score on the PP, shut down the opposition and put people through the boards in a way that makes sense to the cap and doesn't require significant roster players in return.

That's the fact of trading.

Tomas Kaberle might be an interesting choice for example, if he waived his NTC. At 4.25, we'd need to send a good chunk of salary back. Would you prefer Preissing for next to nothing off the roster or Kaberle for, say, Higgins, Halak and a pick/prospect (and a roster dump, like Dandenault to make the cap work)?
And preissing was +48 2 years ago

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:48 AM
otto bond

don't like it one bit for MTL

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
You know, most players in the league have weaknesses. Those who have few well the posters on this board would think it would take "too much" to get. I'd take Preissing and Corvo for this year over what the Habs have.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
You know, most players in the league have weaknesses. Those who have few well the posters on this board would think it would take "too much" to get. I'd take Preissing and Corvo for this year over what the Habs have.
Exactly agreed, they're ideal.

The only problem is Corvo wanted out of Ottawa because he didn't like being "famous" and the unrelenting media pressure. So, umm, yeah. Let's not bring him in, eh?

Old
12-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
True, but if you're a defenseman and you're weakness is playing defense. I would say that is a pretty big issue. They would both be an upgrade to what we are currently using. But are they worth grabbing at their current contracts?

Preissing - 2.75m UFA 2011-12
Corvo - 2.65m UFA 2010 -11

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
True, but if you're a defenseman and you're weakness is playing defense. I would say that is a pretty big issue. They would both be an upgrade to what we are currently using. But are they worth grabbing at their current contracts?

Preissing - 2.75m UFA 2011-12
Corvo - 2.65m UFA 2010 -11
That is the rub, but I'd say yes (for Preissing).

Old
12-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
That is the rub, but I'd say yes (for Preissing).
If either of them were UFA after this season, I would welcome either one. But the added years on their contracts makes them too risky IMO.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Darz

Quote:
I might be in the minority, but I don't think the habs need to add another puck moving dman. I think when everyone is healthy the defense looks fine. I wouldn't mind seeing another dman added for depth mind you. A defense first, low mistakes type. ..and hey if he had a canon of a shot, well then....

12-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
I might be in the minority, but I don't think the habs need to add another puck moving dman. I think when everyone is healthy the defense looks fine. I wouldn't mind seeing another dman added for depth mind you. A defense first, low mistakes type. ..and hey if he had a canon of a shot, well then....
I agree. It's not really any specific type of defenseman we need. Just that we could make our team better if we had another good one. Somebody with offensive talent might help on the PP... or might not, as we have had a variety of talented players auditioned there already. Somebody reliable and strong in our own zone is just as likely to help, especially for the next month with Komi out, but even beyond that, it might be nice to have Gorges with Hamrlik and then Bouillon with somebody big and mean and safe to ensure that we ALWAYS have reliable D on the ice. Either way.

I would definitely steer clear of Corvo in any event. I haven't yet quite understood what separates him from Andy Delmore.

Although for some reason I like Preissing better. There's something about him that seems about more savvy; he still gets owned in his own zone by times, but I think he has a bit of that Markov-like ability to use his stick and stick to his position too, even if he doesn't execute or have the strength to get away with it nearly as well. I don't know if we can afford to have any more smaller players on our D, though, and invariably the puck-moving types who become available are smaller/softer players.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
WeezyHabFan

montreal gets alot of nothing? no thanks

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Although for some reason I like Preissing better. There's something about him that seems about more savvy; he still gets owned in his own zone by times, but I think he has a bit of that Markov-like ability to use his stick and stick to his position too, even if he doesn't execute or have the strength to get away with it nearly as well. I don't know if we can afford to have any more smaller players on our D, though, and invariably the puck-moving types who become available are smaller/softer players.
Well, assume everyone is healthy, we have:

Markov-Komi
Hamer-Gorges
Bouillon-O'Byrne

Swap out Bouillon for Preissing and I don't think we're really getting smaller. Even if we play smaller.

Markov/Komi -- Nough said.
Hammer/Preissing -- Good compliments, insulation for Preissing.
Gorges/O'Byrne -- See above.