HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tomas Kaberle

Old
12-01-2008, 09:43 AM
M4TR1X
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
I doubt that they would trade with Ottawa but Antoine Vermettes name has come up a few times for a trade.

Maybe he would fit somewhere in a trade and both teams would be happy.

M4TR1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Dark Knight
18 Wheeler Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Kaberle would be an amazing talent to have, but Tedenby is going to be great. Respectfully decline.
I understand.

How about the likes of Corrente, along with Vasyunov.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
I understand.

How about the likes of Corrente, along with Vasyunov.
I really dont know. Corrente had 2 very good training camps in a row, which earned him his contract. He comes in this year and makes Mike Mottau look like Rafalski. His play is getting better in the AHL, as he gets used to the Pro game. We have a firm belief on the Devils board that he could possibly become a Bieksa-lite (with a little less offense). I dont think Lou will trade him, they are high on him and he seems exactly like the type of defenceman Brent Sutter is going to love. Who knows though with the emergence of Anssi Salmela, the excellent play of Tyler Eckford and the drafting of Brandon Burlon.

Vasyunov is intriguing. He's come over because his playing time in Yaroslavl was pitiful and it seems he genuinely wants to make it in the NHL, despite the chance of earning more at home. He's come into the AHL and is right at the top of club in goals scored in about half the games played. He's raw and oozes goal scoring potential, something New Jersey never can have enough of.

I havent really answered your question, but if either of these guys can bring in a signed player like Kaberle, cant say I wouldn't do it. Just don't see Lou doing it.

britdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Changed my mnd. We'd need someone who is al ready somewhat proven with upside.

New offer...

Zajac, Clarkson, 1st in 09

for

Kaberle

We could add Tlusty if you added Halischuk.
This isn't getting it done. As great as Kaberle would be on the New Jersey blue line, we cant afford to sacrifice our first line centre (who happens to have great chemistry with Parise). It makes me a little un-easy when thinking about trading Travis, I really dont know who would play centre with Zach and he is our only offensive minded true centre on the team right now.

Its obvious NJ needs an upgrade on the blueline, but I dont think Lou will trade one of his young guys, no matter how great the need.

Nothings going to happen until our injured guys are back (Rolston, Holik, Greene and Madden) and Lou gets a gauge on how this team can play without Brodeur.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:30 AM
DougGilmour93

Toronto would need more than just potential and promise in any deal for Kaberle. he is there best trading piece and they need to get the best return for him. I myself am not sold on Zajac, but I believe he'd be someone NJ would be willing to part with in a deal to get Kaberle.

Clarkson is looking to be a career 3rd liner, Halischuk could be the same. Not to mention the 1st round pick we'd get from you would most likely be in the 20-25 range by the end of the year.

We all know what Kaberle brings to the table, and he's obviously the best player in the deal. As for Tlusty, he has great upside, but I'm not sure if Burke will hold onto him or not.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:36 AM
DougGilmour93

If need be, we could deal you Toskala to cover in Brodeurs absence. Just send your 1st in 2010 and Madden. JJ

Old
12-01-2008, 10:45 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Toronto would need more than just potential and promise in any deal for Kaberle. he is there best trading piece and they need to get the best return for him. I myself am not sold on Zajac, but I believe he'd be someone NJ would be willing to part with in a deal to get Kaberle.

Clarkson is looking to be a career 3rd liner, Halischuk could be the same. Not to mention the 1st round pick we'd get from you would most likely be in the 20-25 range by the end of the year.

We all know what Kaberle brings to the table, and he's obviously the best player in the deal. As for Tlusty, he has great upside, but I'm not sure if Burke will hold onto him or not.
I honestly dont see the incentive to trade what quality youth the Devil's have though. Sure they could use the blue-line upgrade, but at the expense of guys like Zajac and Halischuk? I dont think so.

Who plays with Parise? Do you play Rolston out of position and have him centre Zach and Langenbrunner? Or do you keep Travis, and put Rolston on his right, ultimately creating a scoring line which can compensate for the lack of production from the blue line. Zajac is the only offensive centre on the team right now, and is probably held in higher regard to the Devil's, than what Kaberle would be. He's also super young and is only going to get better. There just isn't a reason to trade him, NJ are not contenders with Kaberle on the blue-line, certainly not without a centre for Parise.

As for Halischuk, no chance. He's Canada's golden boy, and one of the first prospects we have had in a while that is getting hype from Canadian press. This kid is legit. I can see why you want him so bad.

There is no need for Tlusty either. Too many forwards on the roster as is.

Old
12-01-2008, 10:57 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
I honestly dont see the incentive to trade what quality youth the Devil's have though. Sure they could use the blue-line upgrade, but at the expense of guys like Zajac and Halischuk? I dont think so.

Who plays with Parise? Do you play Rolston out of position and have him centre Zach and Langenbrunner? Or do you keep Travis, and put Rolston on his right, ultimately creating a scoring line which can compensate for the lack of production from the blue line. Zajac is the only offensive centre on the team right now, and is probably held in higher regard to the Devil's, than what Kaberle would be. He's also super young and is only going to get better. There just isn't a reason to trade him, NJ are not contenders with Kaberle on the blue-line, certainly not without a centre for Parise.

As for Halischuk, no chance. He's Canada's golden boy, and one of the first prospects we have had in a while that is getting hype from Canadian press. This kid is legit. I can see why you want him so bad.

There is no need for Tlusty either. Too many forwards on the roster as is.
Well instead of Halishuck, send us Bergfors instead...

Old
12-01-2008, 11:06 AM
britdevil
Tea with milk...

Quote:
Well instead of Halishuck, send us Bergfors instead...
It's just nice to see posters coveting New Jersey prospects again. We have had some bad years, but looks like Mr Conte is earning his paycheque.