HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hate Benoit Brunet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2008, 07:08 AM
  #51
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
I feel that the love for frenchies are orders from RDS administration... either you make french look good or you're out!

Jacques Demers is a great example, he never had any bias toward frenchies but lately he's getting on my nerves!
Imbécile, va.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:26 AM
  #52
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I can't take Benoit Brunet's "commentaries" anymore! His man-love for Lats and Begin and his hate for non-Quebecois (especially Russian) players is too much to bear. He is more negative than any posters here if that's possible.

He was no more than a soft 4th line pylon when he played and now he's the "expert" on RDS!?! He mumbles and bumbles when trying to speak and repeats himself all the time. He's worse than Yvon Pednault and makes it unbearable to watch the games on RDS. Yes Sergei had some bad penalties... I think we got the message the 23rd time he said that if he was coach, Sergei wouldn't be playing. Lats stands to the side of the net and is praised for being there... but having done nothing.

Is he on a one-year contract?

What is the point?

you've done better then this?
Yvon have done better then this?
Dubé have done better then this?

the guy has played for years in the best league in the world. IMO that is still a valuable experience. It doesn't means that makes him automatically a good commentator, but you can't bash him on the fact that he was 3rd/4th liner.
Superstars doesn't make automatically good commentators either.

Who do you want? Bouchard?, he would be a fit, but according to your standards, he was no more then a 7th defensmen pilon,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Imbécile, va.
agreed.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
  #53
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
What is the point?

you've done better then this?
Yvon have done better then this?
Dubé have done better then this?

the guy has played for years in the best league in the world. IMO that is still a valuable experience. It doesn't means that makes him automatically a good commentator, but you can't bash him on the fact that he was 3rd/4th liner.
Superstars doesn't make automatically good commentators either.

Who do you want? Bouchard?, he would be a fit, but according to your standards, he was no more then a 7th defensmen pilon,.


agreed.
If Bouchard stepped in and continuously bashed André Markov and Roland Hamrlik and praised Francis unconditionally because he also was at best a 6th defenseman in this league, sure I'd get as annoyed as I am with Brunet.

Danny Dubé never played to the level Benoit Brunet played but anyone who believes that Dubé cannot analyse and describe hockey situations better than Brunet is not hearing the same things I am. How about Pierre McGuire? Did he play many years in the NHL? No, but his excitement and energy makes the game more exciting. So you know what you can do with your "standards".

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
  #54
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
His bias is very frustrating and he is ridiculously negative. He doesn't seem to know anything about the other teams either, which is lame.

Why can't we just have a commentator who is unbiased and calls the game the same for every player?

With that said, I prefer Brunet to Pierre McGuire on TSN. He's such a doushe.

CBC is the way to go, IMO.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 08:59 AM
  #55
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
If Bouchard stepped in and continuously bashed André Markov and Roland Hamrlik and praised Francis unconditionally because he also was at best a 6th defenseman in this league, sure I'd get as annoyed as I am with Brunet.
I think the point that he was trying to make was that Brunet playing on the 4th lines, as you stated, should have no bearing whatsoever on his ability to comment on games.

He's not saying that Dubé or Bouchard wouldn't do a better job (although that may be what he believes), he's saying that bringing up the fact that he played on a 4th line is pointless.
He's done more in terms of playing hockey than any of those guys mentionned above, so how can you use it against him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Danny Dubé never played to the level Benoit Brunet played but anyone who believes that Dubé cannot analyse and describe hockey situations better than Brunet is not hearing the same things I am. How about Pierre McGuire? Did he play many years in the NHL? No, but his excitement and energy makes the game more exciting. So you know what you can do with your "standards".
Pierre McGuire is terrible. He has a big hard-on for any player he's watched play in juniors and spots one or two things early on in the game and brings it back up 7-8 times over the course of the game.
It's so annoying.

For example, early on in the last game TSN played, Kosto made a nice play to force the defenceman to shoot wide or pass the puck. He showed a replay, which was great since I do appreciate the smaller, less noticeable things that players do.
But he must have brought that point up a dozen times again over the course of the game, showing replays of any play that would demonstrate that original point he made. As much as enjoy Kosto's game, I don't need to see 10 replays of him getting in front of the defenceman on the PK.

Also, he gets so many things wrong and states them as fact (maybe he's too busy looking for Kosto blocking shots) and then on the replay he looks like an idiot and makes up excuses for being wrong.

(Sorry for tacking this thread off track...Back to Brunet!)

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
  #56
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
His bias is very frustrating and he is ridiculously negative. He doesn't seem to know anything about the other teams either, which is lame.

Why can't we just have a commentator who is unbiased and calls the game the same for every player?

With that said, I prefer Brunet to Pierre McGuire on TSN. He's such a doushe.

CBC is the way to go, IMO.
I think Brunet exhibits some biase but it's based on familiarity and expectation. He tends to promote players he has a relationship with, note the first name status of some players, Saku and Guillaume.

I find that he considers GL a project, a project taking some heat, but a project nonetheless and he goes out of his way to praise details and strees 'that's what he has to do'.

Koivu, a valued ex teammate that he respects a lot.

Where he falls down is in terms of expectation. I'm not sure he's that far off base though at times. He's been tough on A.Kost., but he's a player expected to break through, have an impact and hasn't always appeared ready to take that step. On his worst night, I still want the puck on his stick ahead of Begin, but Begin has a different yardstick, the talent isn't comparable.

A certain ammount of hometown biase will always happen. He heads on the raod with the team, goes to practice to gauge things, the Begin's and Dandenault's will stop and chat easier than a S.Kost. for reasons of ease. Tougher to be tough when it's like that.

Biase happens, my nephew thought Roy's first name was 'aucune chance pour' because they said that after every goal.

Right now, I just like it when Brunet goes aye ye ye aye during the game, makes me laugh. I hate when it gets down to language though, it makes grey seem black n white.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
  #57
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I think the point that he was trying to make was that Brunet playing on the 4th lines, as you stated, should have no bearing whatsoever on his ability to comment on games.

He's not saying that Dubé or Bouchard wouldn't do a better job (although that may be what he believes), he's saying that bringing up the fact that he played on a 4th line is pointless.
He's done more in terms of playing hockey than any of those guys mentionned above, so how can you use it against him?



Pierre McGuire is terrible. He has a big hard-on for any player he's watched play in juniors and spots one or two things early on in the game and brings it back up 7-8 times over the course of the game.
It's so annoying.

For example, early on in the last game TSN played, Kosto made a nice play to force the defenceman to shoot wide or pass the puck. He showed a replay, which was great since I do appreciate the smaller, less noticeable things that players do.
But he must have brought that point up a dozen times again over the course of the game, showing replays of any play that would demonstrate that original point he made. As much as enjoy Kosto's game, I don't need to see 10 replays of him getting in front of the defenceman on the PK.

Also, he gets so many things wrong and states them as fact (maybe he's too busy looking for Kosto blocking shots) and then on the replay he looks like an idiot and makes up excuses for being wrong.

(Sorry for tacking this thread off track...Back to Brunet!)
I also noticed the Kosto thing with McGuire. Regardless, he is way more entertaining than Brunet. He may be wrong at times but I still like the energy he brings in his description, whether it's a thundering Komisarek hit or an incredible glove save by Price. Brunet is so negative and monotonous and repetitious. Are any of the games on TSN this week?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:27 AM
  #58
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think Brunet exhibits some biase but it's based on familiarity and expectation. He tends to promote players he has a relationship with, note the first name status of some players, Saku and Guillaume.

I find that he considers GL a project, a project taking some heat, but a project nonetheless and he goes out of his way to praise details and strees 'that's what he has to do'.

Koivu, a valued ex teammate that he respects a lot.

Where he falls down is in terms of expectation. I'm not sure he's that far off base though at times. He's been tough on A.Kost., but he's a player expected to break through, have an impact and hasn't always appeared ready to take that step. On his worst night, I still want the puck on his stick ahead of Begin, but Begin has a different yardstick, the talent isn't comparable.

A certain ammount of hometown biase will always happen. He heads on the raod with the team, goes to practice to gauge things, the Begin's and Dandenault's will stop and chat easier than a S.Kost. for reasons of ease. Tougher to be tough when it's like that.

Biase happens, my nephew thought Roy's first name was 'aucune chance pour' because they said that after every goal.

Right now, I just like it when Brunet goes aye ye ye aye during the game, makes me laugh. I hate when it gets down to language though, it makes grey seem black n white.
That's a good point, and I'll agree with most of what you said.

But, is it just me, or is he often really negative with Koivu as well? I used to wonder if something had happened between the two of them when they played together because he was so hard on him early on in the season, despite being one of our top players.

Like you said though, it may come down to expectations.

I also don't mind that he has a few man-crushes on some of his Québec buddies (although, as I stated, I would love if our colour guy could be unbiased), but what bothers me most is that he's so negative with our other players.

The average hockey fan probably can't really tell when a player is playing well or not, and is easily influenced by the commentator. If the commentator never has anything nice to say about Andrei and Sergei, the fans will start disliking them and would easily turn them into the team's scapegoats if we start losing.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:33 AM
  #59
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
sorry....long

Well... every commentator seems to do the same thing. Find the game story.

The problem is when they find (or create) the game story. Sometimes, you may feel they are soooo off the mark, and the way that they support it is annoying. Then.... they drill it, right into the ground.

An example is the Kostopolous thing with McGuire. He wanted to say that Kostopoulus did a great job. OK... now move on. McGuire did this because he felt that Kostopolous was labelled a dirty player since the Van Ryn hit, and he wanted to show he was not a goon.

As for Brunet, he has to play up to an audience that wants the focus on the local born players. That is a obvious truth. Watch any newscast or sportscast, they will always focus on the local angle. In Quebec, local = French.

Does that colour the commentary. Yes. Does that make the general public happy, yes. Do the Canadiens realise this and orient their team to their audience?

The fact that we have guys like Bouillion, Begin, Lapierre, Dandeneault, and Latendresse on the roster is proof. These guys are chosen before non-local players, and they are all paid more than their market value anywhere else. That is Montreal. It is frustrating at times, but understandable. They are the guys people want to hear about, they are the guys who will get interviewed. They sell the idea of the Canadiens.

As for the bashing of Euro players... they mostly deserve it. But only after you realize that the local guys deserve it just as much, if not more, but they choose not to say it for the sake of the audience's desire to have French Habs.

Then.... opinion becomes reality. And the sheep follow the herd.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:38 AM
  #60
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I think the point that he was trying to make was that Brunet playing on the 4th lines, as you stated, should have no bearing whatsoever on his ability to comment on games.

He's not saying that Dubé or Bouchard wouldn't do a better job (although that may be what he believes), he's saying that bringing up the fact that he played on a 4th line is pointless.
He's done more in terms of playing hockey than any of those guys mentionned above, so how can you use it against him?



Thank you, that is exactly what I meant, and I do prefer Dubé to brunet, although I don't listen often to the radio. I'm pretty sure if he was on rds and I'd be listening to him 80 games a season he would get on my nerves too.


You still can't use the fact that he was a marginal player against him. And you still can't deny that 10 years experience in the NHL, is adding something to his hockey knowledge.

And we can't compare Mcguire to brunet, as they are not doing the same job. You should compare him to pierre.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:54 AM
  #61
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
That's a good point, and I'll agree with most of what you said.

But, is it just me, or is he often really negative with Koivu as well? I used to wonder if something had happened between the two of them when they played together because he was so hard on him early on in the season, despite being one of our top players.

Like you said though, it may come down to expectations.

I also don't mind that he has a few man-crushes on some of his Québec buddies (although, as I stated, I would love if our colour guy could be unbiased), but what bothers me most is that he's so negative with our other players.

The average hockey fan probably can't really tell when a player is playing well or not, and is easily influenced by the commentator. If the commentator never has anything nice to say about Andrei and Sergei, the fans will start disliking them and would easily turn them into the team's scapegoats if we start losing.
I have found him bery complimentary towards Koivu, going out of his way to point out his value in certain situations, like 5 on 3's. I've found him negative in situations where the team just slid into a non competitive funk, last half of Washington for example, but overall, I haven't really felt that he was particularly negative. Higgins and the brothers are players that have to progress though and it should be pointed out. I get irritated when they don't balance it out, and I think th ebest example of they do would be in terms of a guy like TK. I've heard them make mention of, if only his hands equalled his heart...

I dunno, there are guys that play favourites but I don't get that from Brunet that much. I think we play favourites with broadcasters and once a guy gets on our nerves, everything gets hard to hear.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:02 AM
  #62
TheCanasianfrasian
Registered User
 
TheCanasianfrasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 904
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
''Kronwall aurait du awoère une punité la dsus''

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:15 AM
  #63
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CH4THECUP;16588571]Thank you, that is exactly what I meant, and I do prefer Dubé to brunet, although I don't listen often to the radio. I'm pretty sure if he was on rds and I'd be listening to him 80 games a season he would get on my nerves too.


You still can't use the fact that he was a marginal player against him. And you still can't deny that 10 years experience in the NHL, is adding something to his hockey knowledge.

And we can't compare Mcguire to brunet, as they are not doing the same job. You should compare him to pierre.[/QUOTE]

Mcguire and Brunet have the same job. Pierre Houde does play by play. Mcguire is a colour commentator just like Brunet, but not quite as boring and constantly negative.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:17 AM
  #64
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Well... every commentator seems to do the same thing. Find the game story.

The problem is when they find (or create) the game story. Sometimes, you may feel they are soooo off the mark, and the way that they support it is annoying. Then.... they drill it, right into the ground.

An example is the Kostopolous thing with McGuire. He wanted to say that Kostopoulus did a great job. OK... now move on. McGuire did this because he felt that Kostopolous was labelled a dirty player since the Van Ryn hit, and he wanted to show he was not a goon.

As for Brunet, he has to play up to an audience that wants the focus on the local born players. That is a obvious truth. Watch any newscast or sportscast, they will always focus on the local angle. In Quebec, local = French.

Does that colour the commentary. Yes. Does that make the general public happy, yes. Do the Canadiens realise this and orient their team to their audience?

The fact that we have guys like Bouillion, Begin, Lapierre, Dandeneault, and Latendresse on the roster is proof. These guys are chosen before non-local players, and they are all paid more than their market value anywhere else. That is Montreal. It is frustrating at times, but understandable. They are the guys people want to hear about, they are the guys who will get interviewed. They sell the idea of the Canadiens.

As for the bashing of Euro players... they mostly deserve it. But only after you realize that the local guys deserve it just as much, if not more, but they choose not to say it for the sake of the audience's desire to have French Habs.

Then.... opinion becomes reality. And the sheep follow the herd.
I would hope that the average Québécois hockey fan is knowledgeable enough to see this bias and take the blah blah blah that comes out of Brunet's mouth for what it is.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:20 AM
  #65
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
choice is very clear my friends:

a) Don't watch rds,
b) Watch rds with mute
c) Watch CBC (when game on)
d) Watch Sports Central (when game on)
e) Watch Online (there is always online game available for free)
a. no choice
b. tried does not work for me
c. I do when possible
d. when possible
e. don't enjoy that as much as TV

On top of my cable bill I have to pay monthly subcription to RDS.
so I can hear Brunet's horrible remarks.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
  #66
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
[

Mcguire and Brunet have the same job. Pierre Houde does play by play. Mcguire is a colour commentator just like Brunet, but not quite as boring and constantly negative.
Oh I think I was confusing Martin Mcguire with Pierre Mcguire?

my bad.


Last edited by CH4: 12-01-2008 at 10:27 AM.
CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:23 AM
  #67
Doctor House
Registered User
 
Doctor House's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,658
vCash: 500
I hate RDS so much I only watch the games online - streamed directly to my TV

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:28 AM
  #68
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,987
vCash: 500
People who don't see Brunet's bias are either blind or as bias as him.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:32 AM
  #69
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Brunet is somewhat boring, but he isn't that bad. Some people might think he over protecting Latendresse, but it's fine for me since Lats is really young, but like a lot of people, he forgets that SK is really young too.

As for a french bias, it's the french players + Koivu/Markov/Hamrlik/Gorges that gives the team some wins these days. Kovy. Plekanec, the Kostitsyns, Higgins and Komisarek all have bad start of season, while Bégin, Lapierre, Bouillon, Dandenault and Brisebois are playing well.

And Brunet was a really good player, who would have played more than 1000 games in the NHL but injuries slowed him a lot. He was intense, intelligent, excellent defensively and pretty decent offensively too.

If you don't like french people, please find another favorite team.


Last edited by LeMAD: 12-01-2008 at 10:39 AM.
LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:33 AM
  #70
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I would hope that the average Québécois hockey fan is knowledgeable enough to see this bias and take the blah blah blah that comes out of Brunet's mouth for what it is.
Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public. Remember, Milli Vanilli once sold millions of albums, and won a Grammy.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:34 AM
  #71
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,529
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I would hope that the average Québécois hockey fan is knowledgeable enough to see this bias and take the blah blah blah that comes out of Brunet's mouth for what it is.
I think you would be wrong there. The average fan doesn't know much about hockey. Just read the posts on RDS. You get more of the 'average fan' posting on there.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
  #72
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Brunet is somewhat boring, but he isn't that bad. Some people might think he over protecting Latendresse, but it's fine for me since Lats is really young, but like a lot of people, he forgets that SK is really young too.

As for a french bias, it's the french players + Koivu/Markov/Hamrlik/Gorges that gives the team some wins these days. Kovy. Plekanec, the Kostitsyns, Higgins and Komisarek all have bad start of season, while Bégin, Lapierre, Bouillon, Dandenault and Brisebois are playing well.
Are you related to Benoit? Boy, is the team in trouble if it's relying on these 5 fine players to win games.

I like them all but let's say Gainey puts all five of them on waivers. How many of them would be picked up? Bouillon and Lapierre?

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:47 AM
  #73
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
As for a french bias, it's the french players + Koivu/Markov/Hamrlik/Gorges that gives the team some wins these days. Kovy. Plekanec, the Kostitsyns, Higgins and Komisarek all have bad start of season, while Bégin, Lapierre, Bouillon, Dandenault and Brisebois are playing well.
Really. Besides Tanguay, none have done more than their roles demands, to be a supporting role player.

As for the rest , my 2 cents:

Kovy - not scoring, but not playing half as bad as the sheep are led to believe

Plekanec- needs to score, but is creating chances and keeping the puck in the other end

Sergei K- agree. I am not yet sold on him, especially his "look at me" passes to non existing players, needs to re-think his "toughness". It ain't tough to cross check someone after the play.

Andrei K- started off great, got injured, have a soft game coming back, but since has been electric. Hitting and offensively.

Higgins- was hurt early, is still making his way back. Make it sooner. Until then, 3rd line.

Komi- have you seen the D without him? So what, he lost a fight. Get over it.

Bégin - love this guy, too bad he cannot play at this rate every day for a year.

Lapierre- offensively useless. Horrible passer, but brings energy, and his play is getting back to the way it was when he first made the team, lotsa enegery and winning face offs. I have hope he will become a good 4th line center.

Bouillon - playing great

Dandenault - hopeless offensively. Skates well. Makes sad faces when not played alot. That is one thing I hate that about him. As a D... seriously average, and expensive.

Brisebois - playing great in a limited role.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:57 AM
  #74
CH4
Registered User
 
CH4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
lol at Dandy sad faces

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
  #75
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Komi- have you seen the D without him? So what, he lost a fight. Get over it.
Couldn't care less he lost a fight. The D is actually better since he's injured. He had a bad start of season, and was bad on the second half of the season last year including for playoffs.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.