HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sundin vs. Bouwmeester

View Poll Results: Sundin vs. Bouwmeester
Sundin 45 27.11%
Bouwmeester 121 72.89%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-01-2008, 03:27 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Sundin vs. Bouwmeester

Who would you rather want? As is keep in mind. if you could have between Sundin or Bouwmeester, with their current contracts not (if this) or He would have to... that. Sundin at say 5-6 mil, and Bouwmeester at his current contract.

Who would you rather have?

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Maxpac

Bouwneester far and ahead, especially if it's a trade and sign deal. a top 6 of Markov-Komisarek-Hamrlik-Bouwneester-O'byrne-Georges would be amazing, possibly the best D group in the league

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Darz

Just for clarification that is JBo at $4.875M

I would go with Sundin.

Another advantage about Sundin is to get him, you give up nothing, to get JBo you will be giving up quite a bit.

12-01-2008, 03:33 PM
usernam

Although I prefer Bouwmeester, I'd take Sundin since he's free.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Bouwneester far and ahead, especially if it's a trade and sign deal. a top 6 of Markov-Komisarek-Hamrlik-Bouwneester-O'byrne-Georges would be amazing, possibly the best D group in the league
+1

J Bo would make a bigger impact on the team then Sundin. Besides, you'd have to question Sundin's commitment based on the fact that he wasn't even sure he wanted to play hockey this summer.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

The way I see it, We get Jbo sure we give up alot, but we have a chance at re-signing him for longer. WE get sundin, its a done deal with no re-signing, and his commitment/inspiration/motivation level would be questionable.

So I'd pay the extra pick or prospect if it meant getting Jbo another #1 Offensive Defender.

Old
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
CPrice

Sundin, he was crazy good last year and almost pushed the leafs to the playoffs single handedly. I really havent seen enough of JBO to judge though.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Touch call as I'm a big Jay-Bo fan. But considering how much we would have to give up for him, plus the effect signing him long term would have on the salary cap. I would have to say Sundin.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
The way I see it, We get Jbo sure we give up alot, but we have a chance at re-signing him for longer. WE get sundin, its a done deal with no re-signing, and his commitment/inspiration/motivation level would be questionable.

So I'd pay the extra pick or prospect if it meant getting Jbo another #1 Offensive Defender.
????Why would it be questionable??????? If anything that would be the one thing you wouldn't have to worried about. The guy isn't motivated by money anymore, obviously, he just wants to win.

Commitment/Inspiration/Motivation would be the LEAST f my worries if we got Sundin.

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Bouwmeester seem very, very overated!

Sundin will cost us nothing and will be a big upgrade to Lang.

Sundin hands down over Bouwmeester

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Garo

Bouwmeester. Fits the team perfectly.

Garo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Habs

What's with all the Bouwmeester love?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He's one hell of a D-man, that is what there's with Jay-Bo's love.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't know a 25 min per game D-man with size and great skating. Who can provide solid offense and defense. What the hell was I thinking?

Old
12-01-2008, 04:05 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I don't know a 25 min per game D-man with size and great skating. Who can provide solid offense and defense. What the hell was I thinking?
Bouwmeester's led the league in icetime for the past two years I think...I know this year, at least, he's logging 28 minutes per game. He's out there for almost half the game, every night. That's pretty amazing considering he's still a young guy.

I think HF tends to overrate J-Bo at times but still, I would kill to have him on the Habs...he's exactly what we need (except for the fact that he's another UFA...)

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
????Why would it be questionable??????? If anything that would be the one thing you wouldn't have to worried about. The guy isn't motivated by money anymore, obviously, he just wants to win.

Commitment/Inspiration/Motivation would be the LEAST f my worries if we got Sundin.
Unfortunately Darz, those would be my biggest concerns. No one hear would say they don't want Sundin. What concerns me is that he's been a star in the NHL for many years and suddenly he doesn't know if he wants to play anymore. I think Stevie Y put it best when he said if you're not 100% sure you want to retire then don't.

Sundin has been dragging his ass around since the summer and pulling interested teams along with him. If the guy was committed and motivated, wouldn't he have been ready to go come training camp? I mean it's not like he was injured or anything like that. Let's face it...he's just been dogging it.

Personally, not the kind of example I would want to bring into my dressing room with so many young and impressionable kids in the room.

Last edited by Drive425: 12-01-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Bouwmeester's led the league in icetime for the past two years I think...that's pretty amazing considering he's still a young guy.

I think HF tends to overrate J-Bo at times but still, I would kill to have him on the Habs...he's exactly what we need (except for the fact that he's another UFA...)
I don't know what his actual minutes per game are off hand. But I know he's close to 28 mins per and one of the top, if not the top when it comes to defenseman.

Edit: Oh I'm good, according to NHL.com he's at 28.03 minutes per game.

He is a little overrated on HF. But I agree, he would be a perfect fit for our top 4. (No offense against Gorges)

Old
12-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Habs

Quote:
Sounds like Ryan O'byrne, up until this year.

Old
12-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Unfortunately Darz, those would be my biggest concerns. No one hear would say they don't want Sundin. What concerns me is that he's been a star in the NHL for many years and suddenly he doesn't know if he wants to play anymore. I think Stevie Y put it best when he said if you're not 100% sure you want to retire then don't.

Sundin has been dragging his ass around since the summer and pulling interested teams along with him. If the guy was committed and motivated, wouldn't he have been ready to go come training camp? I mean it's not like he was injured or anything like that. Let's face it...he's just been dogging it.

Personally, not the kind of example I would want to bring into my dressing room with so many young and impressionable kids in the room.
I'm going to have to agree with Darz on this one. The fact that he's taken this much time to make sure that he is ready. Makes me believe that once he does make a final decision to come back. *crosses fingers since I have him in my hockey pool*. He will be 100% motivated to pursue one goal, the Stanley Cup. He's already proven IMO that it's not money or attention that he is seeking.

Old
12-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Sounds like Ryan O'byrne, up until this year.
The only difference is Jay-Bo has been doing it in the NHL for 6 seasons. While O'Byrne is still working on finding his groove. Also, Jay-Bo is only 1 year older than O'Byrne.

Old
12-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Drive425

Quote:
I'm going to have to agree with Darz on this one. The fact that he's taken this much time to make sure that he is ready. Makes me believe that once he does make a final decision to come back. *crosses fingers since I have him in my hockey pool*. He will be 100% motivated to pursue one goal, the Stanley Cup. He's already proven IMO that it's not money or attention that he is seeking.
WTF was the problem then? I had alot of respect for Sundin as a hockey player and I'm just not sure what happened to the guy other then getting married. I dunno, I get all worked up when people talk Sundin because I had a huge man crush on the guy and he basically snubbed Les Habs. Pissed me off big time! Oh well, C'est la vie

Sundin =

Old
12-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
The only difference is Jay-Bo has been doing it in the NHL for 6 seasons. While O'Byrne is still working on finding his groove. Also, Jay-Bo is only 1 year older than O'Byrne.
And that Jay-Bo had a 40 pts season and could probably have a 50 pts season on an offensive team like Montreal. (the last 10 games are not normal and don't represent our team. Hopefully..)

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Habs

Quote:
Jay-Bo reminds me of Sean Hill and Bret Hedican which is why I don't get too worked up over him.

Old
12-01-2008, 04:34 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Jay-Bo reminds me of Sean Hill and Bret Hedican which is why I don't get too worked up over him.
Yeah but keep in mind He is trying to Carry a team with virtually no offense, and poor defense. Their Goaltending is Solid but with him being the only solid franchise player it definately makes him look bad. IMO 40 points on one of the worst teams in the league 3-4 years in a row is a great feat considering how many minutes hes logging with which linemates hes passing to.

Old
12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
WTF was the problem then? I had alot of respect for Sundin as a hockey player and I'm just not sure what happened to the guy other then getting married. I dunno, I get all worked up when people talk Sundin because I had a huge man crush on the guy and he basically snubbed Les Habs. Pissed me off big time! Oh well, C'est la vie

Sundin =
If I knew I could make millions selling the story. So like everyone else I can only speculate that he has certain standards that he has set for himself when it comes to hockey. This year for the first time, the season started and he doubted he could maintain those standards.

As for snubbing the Habs, I would much rather he said no since he wasn't 100% sure. If he would have taken Gainey's offer than came to play half assed for us, then I would be pissed.