HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Belak traded for Nick Tarnasky

Old
11-28-2008, 12:50 PM
PanthersRule96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
http://panthers.nhl.tv/team/console....id=26740&tab=0

They all say it after a trade, but Nasty sounds like he's actually happy to be here. Looks like he'll play tonight, was at practice.
What did he say in his interview when he was like "yeah obviously i'm really _________ excited to be here." It sounds like he dropped the f-bomb but then again maybe he just mumbled something else. Anyone here that?

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 02:00 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
What did he say in his interview when he was like "yeah obviously i'm really _________ excited to be here." It sounds like he dropped the f-bomb but then again maybe he just mumbled something else. Anyone here that?
HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing. He definitely dropped the f-bomb man! There's no other words that could fit there (makes sense/sound like it).

I'm on the fence about this trade. If Tarnasky brings hustle and creates turnovers, it'll be a good trade already because Belak didn't do that, but Wade is a good player to have on your team with a good locker room presence. We'll see what happens.

Has anyone thought about whether or not this will effect McCabe? Wasn't Wade pretty key in getting Bryan to waive his NTC to come play here? I hope we didn't piss off our best offensive d-man.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing. He definitely dropped the f-bomb man! There's no other words that could fit there (makes sense/sound like it).

I'm on the fence about this trade. If Tarnasky brings hustle and creates turnovers, it'll be a good trade already because Belak didn't do that, but Wade is a good player to have on your team with a good locker room presence. We'll see what happens.

Has anyone thought about whether or not this will effect McCabe? Wasn't Wade pretty key in getting Bryan to waive his NTC to come play here? I hope we didn't piss off our best offensive d-man.
Although Belak being here probably had a bit to do with it, I think it was mainly due to McCabe's wife/girlfriend being from Florida.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i think people don't understand. they take this stuff more personally than most of the players do. honestly.

tarnasky will probably go over to allen (i very much doubt he's called to apologize) the first time he sees him, shake his hand and say "no hard feelings" and that will be that. these guys are professionals and now teammates.
For real. The first time Tarnasky and Allen see eachother, they will shake hands and put the past to rest. Idk why some fans think these players are like 13 year old girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pukboy5kroner View Post
Although Belak being here probably had a bit to do with it, I think it was mainly due to McCabe's wife/girlfriend being from Florida.
Well, she's from Long Island as are her parents, but they used to vacation in Florida during the winter. That's why McCabe chose us.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 02:29 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Ahh, I did not that about his wife.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
wtf.. no wonder Panthers suck so much.. they listen to rap/hip hop crap... sheesh... should be smacked.. give em some real music

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 03:58 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
more important (and worth more than 800K) is finding a better fit for this team. you don't need to be special to have a greater impact than belak has had here (again, nothing against belak).
Actual savings are about $200K, both players are signed till spring 2010. Tarnasky could be better fit for team.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Well, Tarnasky played okay in his handful of shifts tonight. He is quickly becoming somebody's favorite Panther. I won't say who but you know who you are. Hint: Belak was his favorite current Panther in his short tenure here. Okay that probably gave it away.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2008, 09:44 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Well, Tarnasky played okay in his handful of shifts tonight. He is quickly becoming somebody's favorite Panther. I won't say who but you know who you are. Hint: Belak was his favorite current Panther in his short tenure here. Okay that probably gave it away.
Say it ain't so, RT!

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
Say it ain't so, RT!

It ain't so. I know I'll warm up to him and I thought he did well tonight, though, I was looking for him to shut up Voros and he didn't. I just don't like that we lost Belak. However, I was quietly frustrated with his lack of fighting.

11-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Reminded me of what Voros turned into for the Rangers last night... Better then I expected

Blad Meaning Gud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Just for SNGs, he did indeed drop the F-bomb. They have now edited his interview video.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Just for SNGs, he did indeed drop the F-bomb. They have now edited his interview video.

-ghoste
lol, that's hilarious! It definitely sounded like it to me.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote