HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is Latendresse on the trade market?

Old
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
The biggest downfall of Latendresse (other than his skating which can be taught and improved ie: Jason Spezza) is his utter lack of puck sense. Puck sense is something that cant be taught, you either have it or you dont. And more times than not he is the reason for a turnover in the offensive zone. He just seems out of place and confused all the time.

If Latendresse had a mean streak he would be extremely effective on the 3rd or 4th line because when he wants to hit he destroys players. But unfortunately Sergie K. has a bigger mean streak at half the size.
Lats has 100 times the mean streak S.Kost has, what the hell are you smoking? Siharei has like 4 hits all year and the most "meanness" he's shown is his dumb penalities lately. Anybody can slash somebody and take a dumb penality.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Roots73

The guy has 8 points in 20 games and people expect a top 4 d-man in return?? I wouldn't hold your breath on that trade coming down the pipe.

I often wonder why Ribs and Ryder were not offered the same graces and fan patience that the Gui-unit has recieved. The guy is taking up a roster spot plain and simple.

Send his carcass to Hamilton to teach him how to park his arse in the front of the net otherwise his career will go nowhere. The "cycling down low" game does not work for him.

He has zero trade value right now.

Roots73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
BadKiwi

I give up, Latendresse bashers are dumber then headless zombies. I'll just ignore them from now on.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots73 View Post
The guy has 8 points in 20 games and people expect a top 4 d-man in return?? I wouldn't hold your breath on that trade coming down the pipe.

I often wonder why Ribs and Ryder were not offered the same graces and fan patience that the Gui-unit has recieved. The guy is taking up a roster spot plain and simple.

Send his carcass to Hamilton to teach him how to park his arse in the front of the net otherwise his career will go nowhere. The "cycling down low" game does not work for him.

the guy has only 8 points but it's mostly because he has miss a lot of games lately and because carbo doesnt know how to use him.
The guy has a lot of talent and to me he has the potential to be has good has bertuzzi was in is prime when he was in vancouver

YEMELIN74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
C4KOMI

if he gets traded and scores over 30 goals while montreal doesnt reach finals it will be the end for gainey.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Lone Rogue

The best you'd maybe get out of Latendresse on the trade market is a 2nd and a 3rd, because thats what Steve Bernier got. Bernier was a much higher pick, but his stats have floated around the same place Latendresse's has, with much more ice time.

So yeah, dealing him is less valuable than keeping him. No, we're not going to be able to land Boumeester with him.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
The best you'd maybe get out of Latendresse on the trade market is a 2nd and a 3rd, because thats what Steve Bernier got. Bernier was a much higher pick, but his stats have floated around the same place Latendresse's has, with much more ice time.

So yeah, dealing him is less valuable than keeping him. No, we're not going to be able to land Boumeester with him.
Lats could be part of a package to get a guy like JB, however we have 2+ years invested in him, would rather trade a d-man(which is the depth of the organisation) not in the NHL.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:55 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
if he gets traded and scores over 30 goals while montreal doesnt reach finals it will be the end for gainey.
If who gets traded and starts producing Ribero, Grabovsky, Latendresse. I doubt it

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
gillyguzzler

Lats is just all right in my book. I don't particularly like his skills and consistency that much. I hate his skating and sure he hits at times, but he doesn't seem very agressive by nature. However, I think he is a top 9 forward on this team and possibly a top 6 player on bottom dwellers. Give him 5 more minutes a game and quality power play time and he should be good for around 25 goals and maybe 20 assists per year.

Carbonneau insists on playing musical lines with him and giving him the odd press box duty and he seems to adapt from line to line. It makes one wonder if his problems stem more from off-ice issues or his own personality (self esteem and maturity).

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
I give up, Latendresse bashers are dumber then headless zombies. I'll just ignore them from now on.
This followed by this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixTX View Post
the guy has only 8 points but it's mostly because he has miss a lot of games lately and because carbo doesnt know how to use him.
The guy has a lot of talent and to me he has the potential to be has good has bertuzzi was in is prime when he was in vancouver
That explains everything.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
kovalost27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
Its not like Latendresse scores over 30 goals a season and contributes defensively...

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
habdynasty

If he could skate he might have a future... he really should have spent a year or 2 in the ahl improving his game like the rest of the young players. I bet he will be working for rds within 2 years.

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
Its not like Latendresse scores over 30 goals a season and contributes defensively...

I cant wait for you to bash Higgins,Plekanec, and Andrei Kos since they have never scored over 30 goals a season either.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots73 View Post

How old was Ryder when he started to play with the Habs ? How old was he when he got his 32 th career goal ?

Latendresse is in a learning process . He got 7 points in 10 games when playing on the first line , at the begining of the season . That isn't bad for a 20 years old player .

If you send him in the AHL as you suggest , the Habs would just loose him ( needs to be waived ) .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
How old was Ryder when he started to play with the Habs ? How old was he when he got his 32 th career goal ?

Latendresse is in a learning process . He got 7 points in 10 games when playing on the first line , at the begining of the season . That isn't bad for a 20 years old player .

If you send him in the AHL as you suggest , the Habs would just loose him ( needs to be waived ) .
Too much potential to lose for nothing, too lackluster to put on the ice and no trade value. Not a great situation.

That being said, hopefully a scratch from the lineup will inspire him.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
I cant wait for you to bash Higgins,Plekanec, and Andrei Kos since they have never scored over 30 goals a season either.
No but all 3 have hit 20 (Plekanec twice and Higgins 3 times).

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:44 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

I like Tender better than Higgins and this guy could have become a really good player. However he was rushed into NHL when he was not ready.
Who is to blame for that?

I hope he stays with the Habs and become a better player than Bernier. Both Bernier and Tender were similarkind of prospects. Benier sucks balls with Vancouver.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 06:00 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not sure I'd give Ian White even up for him good puck moving defencemen with some Grit are hard to come by.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLeaf View Post
I'm not sure I'd give Ian White even up for him good puck moving defencemen with some Grit are hard to come by.
I know John, but you are no longer the GM, Cliff and Brian have taken over.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
gillyguzzler

Interesting discussion on La Zone yesterday concerning Lats.

Stephan Lebeau talked about how "happy go lucky" Lats is and how he doesn't seem worried about his or the team's situation. He said that Carbo was very intense and serious when playing, even moreso when his team was losing and that it probably irks him to see Lats' big smile all the time, when he should be bearing down to keep his spot on the team. He also said that it wouldn't be a problem if Lats was producing, but with only two goals in 20 games... It was actually Lat's biggest supporter, René Pothier, who brought it up as a problem between Lats and Carbo.

Different generations as Dany Dubé said afterwards. So maybe a trade is more likely than we may think it is.

Look at how serious Kosto is all the time... and Carbo loves him to death!

Old
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
No but all 3 have hit 20 (Plekanec twice and Higgins 3 times).
His argument in favor of bashing Latendresse was that he hasn't scored over 30 goals. Im not sure why your mentioning 20 goals, especially from 2 players that are 5 years older then Latendresse. I was pointing out the ridiculousness of that argument by showing 3 of our better young players have not met his over 30 goal requirement and are subject to bashing according to him.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Interesting discussion on La Zone yesterday concerning Lats.

Stephan Lebeau talked about how "happy go lucky" Lats is and how he doesn't seem worried about his or the team's situation. He said that Carbo was very intense and serious when playing, even moreso when his team was losing and that it probably irks him to see Lats' big smile all the time, when he should be bearing down to keep his spot on the team. He also said that it wouldn't be a problem if Lats was producing, but with only two goals in 20 games... It was actually Lat's biggest supporter, René Pothier, who brought it up as a problem between Lats and Carbo.

Different generations as Dany Dubé said afterwards. So maybe a trade is more likely than we may think it is.
Look at how serious Kosto is all the time... and Carbo loves him to death!
lol! Man...I find all of this so funny

People act like the Habs are the only team benching their young players...this is happening ALL OVER THE NHL! Players get benched all the time, yet it seems that Habs fans think it only happens in Montreal. This benching of S.Kostitsyn/Latendresse barely registers a blip on my radar. It's a wakeup call, coaches have been doing that from the beginning of hockey time.

If they both want in the lineup, they've got to continue working hard and show why they deserve to remain in the lineup...case closed

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:06 AM
otto bond

You guys could be to something here. Lats has always took things with a grain of salt and nice guys finish last some would say. Lats need to be taking out of his comfort zone. He only produce offensively with Koivu. Never piss at being demoted. The guy needs to step it up.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
lol! Man...I find all of this so funny

People act like the Habs are the only team benching their young players...this is happening ALL OVER THE NHL! Players get benched all the time, yet it seems that Habs fans think it only happens in Montreal. This benching of S.Kostitsyn/Latendresse barely registers a blip on my radar. It's a wakeup call, coaches have been doing that from the beginning of hockey time.

If they both want in the lineup, they've got to continue working hard and show why they deserve to remain in the lineup...case closed
Then why in the hell do you waste your time responding to this post? Some of us may find Stephan Lebeau's take on the Lats benching interesting as he offers a point of view that we may not have been aware of or may not have thought about before. But if it's not to your standards, please do return to the many intelligent and informative posts that do register on your radar!

Old
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Then why in the hell do you waste your time responding to this post? Some of us may find Stephan Lebeau's take on the Lats benching interesting as he offers a point of view that we may not have been aware of or may not have thought about before. But if it's not to your standards, please do return to the many intelligent and informative posts that do register on your radar!

My take goes for everyone, from fans on this board, to analyst on TV to personalities on the radio. Everyone is making a much, MUCH, bigger deal out of Latendresse being benched.

Why do players just because their being benched now have to be traded? Players get sit ALL THE DAMN TIME in EVERY NHL TEAM. It doesn't mean the coach doesn't like the player, it doesn't mean they're upset about their contract or whatever stupid non-performance related reason people try to come up with.

Ak46 at this point last year was struggling and was sat for a few consecutive games yet he's still part of this teams plans.

So yeah, sorry if I fail to see why Latendresse being benched generates so much discussion...there's so many other things to discuss.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote