HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton-Columbus

Old
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Someone

vCash: 500
Edmonton-Columbus

Malhotra
Klesla

for

Grebeshkov
??

Edmonton needs somebody who can win a faceoff, as well as somebody who can play defense. Grebs is pretty good at moving the puck, something which Columbus needs. His stats aren't amazing, but he's behind Souray, Visnovsky, and Gilbert. No idea what else the Jackets would want, so I left it incomplete.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:14 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone View Post
Malhotra
Klesla

for

Grebeshkov
??

Edmonton needs somebody who can win a faceoff, as well as somebody who can play defense. Grebs is pretty good at moving the puck, something which Columbus needs. His stats aren't amazing, but he's behind Souray, Visnovsky, and Gilbert. No idea what else the Jackets would want, so I left it incomplete.
Do you realize how good Rusty Klesla is? Grebeshkov alone couldn't fetch you him

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:27 PM
rigger

Visnovsky
Cogliano
Nilsson
1st in 09 and '10

for

Nash
Klesla?

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger View Post
Visnovsky
Cogliano
Nilsson
1st in 09 and '10

for

Nash
Klesla?
Throw Hemsky in there before all of Columbus comes on here and goes, "Oh boy, same old crap."

Palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Do you realize how good Rusty Klesla is? Grebeshkov alone couldn't fetch you him
Personally, I wouldn't trade Grebeshkov for Klesla. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2008, 11:54 PM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Some of the Jackets fans don't like him for some reason but that could be the minority. I don't mid him but havn't watched enough games to see why some of the fans hate him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
Throw Hemsky in there before all of Columbus comes on here and goes, "Oh boy, same old crap."
As a fan of both teams, I don't think it was that bad of a offer value wise but it's a offer that the Jackets can't take. I would ask for Gagner over Cogliano but the Jackets would still say no. The problem is, Columbus has never made the playoffs, having Nash gives you a greater chance to make it then having those young players. Yeah, adding those youngsters in the mix with Mason,Flitov,Voracek, and Brassard will give them a unreal team in the future. But the team and the fans have been waiting a long time to make the playoffs. They want to make it now, not in 3 years or so. Going back to where they were will hurt the fanbase. So, yes, only way EDM gets Nash is by adding Hemsky or only way Columbus trades Nash is if they get a equivalent player in return.

Now that I think about this could also be said about Grebs for Klesla offer. Klesla helps them more right now then Grebs would. I think Klesla would go for a proven defender rather then a young up and comer.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Someone

Quote:

Admittedly I don't know how good Klesla is. There seem to be a lot of Jackets fans down on him, but it seems most people feel he's a pretty good second pairing guy. Still, most Jackets fans seem to be clamoring for a puck mover, and while Grebs isn't a top notch offensive guy, he's pretty decent, won't kill you defensively (usually) and is on pace for more points than Backman, and around the same as Tyutin, despite getting half the PP time on the unproductive second unit.

I figured Edmonton would need to add something, but I don't know what else Columbus needs that Edmonton could provide. If somebody better versed in their needs could suggest something that would be great.

If CLB isn't interested in a second tier puck mover that's understandable, but I know Edmonton could use the help on the PK and faceoff dot that Klesla and Malhotra provide, not to mention I think Grebs will be too expensive for Edmonton to re-sign.

Someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
These teams actually match up nicely.

Might take Gilbert instead of Grebeshkov and I'm not sure the Oil would do that.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
Some of the Jackets fans don't like him for some reason but that could be the minority. I don't mid him but havn't watched enough games to see why some of the fans hate him.

The reason that some Jackets fans don't like Rusty is because he can be great for three or four games, then play a horrific game. So, it is his inconsistency that bothers them. But.......Every year, Rusty has fewer and fewer of those bad games. His consistency has gotten much, much better. The other problem for Rusty is that he is injury prone.

For future reference, and I don't know much about the players that you are talking about on the Edmonton side of this, but I wouldn't look for the Jackets to trade a top player unless one of the following is coming back:

A number 1 or 2 center
A puck moving defenseman, preferably a right shot.

Those are their glaring needs, and what they will want in return for a top asset. We are stocked with 3-7 defenseman, and 3rd and 4th liners. Why trade for more of those.

Once again, not familiar with the guys offered here, just making a general statement.

Dr. Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:23 AM
big eyeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone View Post
Malhotra
Klesla

for

Grebeshkov
??

what about Marc Methot and Manny Malhotra for Grebeshkov and ???

big eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraviolentray View Post
what about Marc Methot and Manny Malhotra for Grebeshkov and ???
no,no,no to all theise proposals. I love Klesla, a bit soft along the boards but so is most d-men when getting a guy checking from behind in full speed. He is brilliant on the PK.
Btw Methot is the bomb.

I would not give up anyone mentioned alone for Greb so keep him.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote