HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/02/08 Atlanta @ Montreal 730PM EST RDS-HD, TSN-HD

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
Ahh, you were so close Carbo.
Yes. A D'agostini - Plecanek and Kostopoulos line would wreak havoc!

You can't just put all your eggs in the same basket either.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
No excuses, 2pts or go home.
Well said Harry.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonin View Post
I'm also going on dec 4, I heard it is the "launch" of the centennial year, anyone know if there is anything special? Vintage Jerseys?
December 2008
December 4th: Opening of the Centennial Plaza
December 4th: Original Six Salute vs. New York Rangers and Centennial Jersey Night (1915 - 1916) CA jersey
December 10th: Inauguration of the Community outdoor rink program (François-Perreault Park, St-Michel Borough)

Old
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
really? He promised a superstar? Funny, I don't remember that
Don't know if you read french.

http://www.canoe.com/sports/chroniqu...10-090928.html

Old
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Yes. A D'agostini - Plecanek and Kostopoulos line would wreak havoc!

You can't just put all your eggs in the same basket either.
D'ago is going back to Hamilton in a few days, and I would like to see chemistry develop between Tang, Koivu, Akost, which I and many here think could be an awesome line. But we'll never know unless we try it.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:19 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
D'ago is going back to Hamilton in a few days, and I would like to see chemistry develop between Tang, Koivu, Akost, which I and many here think could be an awesome line. But we'll never know unless we try it.
I agree, but since this will probably be D'agostini's last game before being sent back down. I see no problem giving him one more shot on the top line. This will keep his confidence high, before he gets send back down.

Also since Tanguay is/was playing so well before the injury. Putting him on a line with Plekanec might just be the kick in the ass he needs to get him going.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Ross MacLochness

I'm really worried about Atlanta coming in here and outworking us. I like what I've heard about this Anderson guy.

But honestly, good coach or not, if Atlanta comes into our barn and out-skates us, after we've been struggling and barely managed to squeak out a win against Buffalo... Then we have a serious problem.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Habs8517

win habs
bring back the joy i had watching you guys play

Old
12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
The thing that gets me is if the Habs can string 2 or 3 wins in a row everything will start falling into place. The lack of confidence in these guys has me astounded. They always seem to be thinking too much, taking an extra split second in making a decision. A little confidence (and maybe stability) would definately fix that problem. But they will only get that after several wins. Basically they just need to get the ball rolling.

Old
12-02-2008, 01:38 PM
la25ecoupe

AK46 on the point for PP YES!! confirmed by Carbo!

Old
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Tanguay is back wooooot!!

Old
12-02-2008, 01:52 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

There sure is a lot of line juggling lately. A person would think we were at the bottom of the league instead of 7th. Hopefully somewhere along the line, one of the lines start having chemistry and contributes more offensively.

Old
12-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
AK46 on the point for PP YES!! confirmed by Carbo!
I listened to the audio on HabsI/O and he didn't really say yes or no. He said "It's something I'll keep on my sheet."

Old
12-02-2008, 02:07 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
I listened to the audio on HabsI/O and he didn't really say yes or no. He said "It's something I'll keep on my sheet."

I bet you 5$ we'll see him.

Old
12-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

TSN eh? rather listen to pierre mcguire than Benoit Brunet and his love affair with Latendresse. Only negative is we have to hear gord miller(Kermit) and his "IN FRONT" line all game.

Old
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
alright lets see if the trend continues

vs Isles a win?! nooo...
vs Detroit a loss?! nooo...
vs Wash a win?! nooo...
vs Buff a loss?! nooo...
vs Trashers a win?!
I wanted to post this in the last GDT because I've seen this there but how can you say Buffalo was a sure loss? I was expecting a win from our boys and they delivered. Vanek is lucky and scary good though.

Old
12-02-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I am french...but I still don't see where Boivin 'promised a superstar'.

It's the classic case of someone saying something and others interpreting that however they want

Old
12-02-2008, 02:54 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
No excuses, 2pts or go home.
Agreed, and also, Habs425 has been getting better with the GDT

I really wish u wud do it still tho harry....

Old
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
neofury*

Quote:

It's the classic case of someone saying something and others interpreting that however they want
Sort of like the bible

Old
12-02-2008, 02:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

By the way....it wasn't meant as sarcasm, but was just asking a real question. What's the point in giving a french link to somebody who can't read it.

As far as Boivin is concerned, well he obviously can't promise anything since it's not his job. He can promise that he'll have the best guys around to take such decisions. But then, you just don't say that and then expect people not to believe what he's saying. Clearly, they had money to do important moves and mind you, they did try to do it (Brière, Shanahan, Rafalski, Smyth) so in the end he wasn't far off. Thing is, it's one thing to have the money, it's another thing to force a player to come here as rich as you can be. I think his main mistake in that article would have been to overrate how Montreal is not a problem anymore for players. As better as the team is, we are still not the favorites amongst star players.

Old
12-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
The thing that gets me is if the Habs can string 2 or 3 wins in a row everything will start falling into place. The lack of confidence in these guys has me astounded. They always seem to be thinking too much, taking an extra split second in making a decision. A little confidence (and maybe stability) would definately fix that problem. But they will only get that after several wins. Basically they just need to get the ball rolling.
Yup but then the problem is that we all start believing again that this team can win the Stanley Cup and Gainey doesn't do anything again and let's another season slip away.Hey I love this team just as much as everyone in this city but we ain't going anywhere with this hockey team right now.We are at least 2 solid players away IMO

Old
12-02-2008, 03:03 PM
shao01

Must win for the Habs.

Looking for the D'agostini line to have a strong game.

Old
12-02-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
By the way....it wasn't meant as sarcasm, but was just asking a real question. What's the point in giving a french link to somebody who can't read it.

As far as Boivin is concerned, well he obviously can't promise anything since it's not his job. He can promise that he'll have the best guys around to take such decisions. But then, you just don't say that and then expect people not to believe what he's saying. Clearly, they had money to do important moves and mind you, they did try to do it (Brière, Shanahan, Rafalski, Smyth) so in the end he wasn't far off. Thing is, it's one thing to have the money, it's another thing to force a player to come here as rich as you can be. I think his main mistake in that article would have been to overrate how Montreal is not a problem anymore for players. As better as the team is, we are still not the favorites amongst star players.

Agreed with everything you say...but I still don't see Boivin promised any superstar???

I've heard/read that a few places and i'm still trying to figure out where they've come up with that

Old
12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Quote:

Im pretty sure im not crazy and I remember him saying that at some golf tournament like 2 summers ago,he promissed and said something like the fans in Montreal deserve a superstar.Im a 100% sure

Old
12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Agreed with everything you say...but I still don't see Boivin promised any superstar???

I've heard/read that a few places and i'm still trying to figure out where they've come up with that
I know it's CKAC but found something,look at April 9th

Now I remember more,it was after that 6-5 loss to the Leafs in the final game of the season in which we only needed 1 point

http://www.sportnographe.com/La-sais...e-Canadien,617

Closed Thread