HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/02/08 Atlanta @ Montreal 730PM EST RDS-HD, TSN-HD

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Agreed with everything you say...but I still don't see Boivin promised any superstar???

I've heard/read that a few places and i'm still trying to figure out where they've come up with that
I guess that this is the closest to "promised any superstar"

Quote:
«On peut maintenant se le permettre, corrige Boivin. C'est justement ce que je suis en train de vous expliquer. Grâce à notre façon de procéder avec nos jeunes, on va assurément pouvoir se lancer dans ce marché. On a peut-être donné l'impression de reculer quand venait le moment d'acquérir un haut salarié, mais avant le lock-out, on ne pouvait pas jouer dans cette cour-là.
or

Quote:
Dorénavant, quand nous allons miser de l'argent sur des joueurs autonomes, on le fera pour des vedettes établies.»
I agree with you that he never came as "promising" one.....but reading between the lines is often our favorite sport....

Old
12-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Im pretty sure im not crazy and I remember him saying that at some golf tournament like 2 summers ago,he promissed and said something like the fans in Montreal deserve a superstar.Im a 100% sure
a promise is saying 'I promise we will sign a superstar next summer'

saying that the Habs would try their best or that Montreal deserved a superstar, is not a promise.

Why would a well spoken, educated man like Boivin, who has nothing to do at all with hockey personel decisions, make a promise to bring a superstar to Montreal?? Makes no sense and that's cause it never happened.

Old
12-02-2008, 03:12 PM
Adam91

Kovy scores tonight!

Old
neofury*

Quote:
Yup but then the problem is that we all start believing again that this team can win the Stanley Cup and Gainey doesn't do anything again and let's another season slip away.Hey I love this team just as much as everyone in this city but we ain't going anywhere with this hockey team right now.We are at least 2 solid players away IMO
At "least" 2?? Give me a break, throw in either an offensive D or a stay at home D who is good and we're set.

The reason we are doing poorly is: A) Komisarek's injury and B) chemistry

Lots of new faces on this team, new lines, after a long summer, takes time for some teams to build on said chemistry and the more carbo jumbles the lines the more this feels like 2 seasons ago. As soon as he allows the lines enough time to click we'll be fine offensively. A good offensive D to play the point is really at most what we need.

"at least 2 more" = a joke if u ask me. Look at our top 9 forwards and heck even our rotation of bottom 3, it isn't bad at all. Look at our top 4 d-men, and heck even our bottom 2, not bad at all. Look at our 2 goalies, both are great.

It's a matter of confidence and chemistry purely. These things take time and fans just can't accept the fact that these things take time and you need to sometimes lose some games while gaining line chemistry in order to be successful in the long term, something carbo clearly has not learned yet. Not trying to make this a carbo bashing thread, I hated him 2 years ago but since have become a big supporter of his, but it was for the way he coached LAST season that I became a supporter of his. If he continues to make rookie mistakes like he did 2 seasons ago then yes, I probably will start to become a carbo basher. For now I understand, he's under tons of pressure because he has a great team that should be able to outscore almost any other NHL team and on most nights plays like they should have 9 goals a game but loses games 3-2. I mean, I can understand the level of stress and jumbling the lines might seem like the only way to get the media and all that stress off his back for a second. But the real trick imo is to just make 3 lines right now, and stick with them for at least 5-6 games and if we lose 4-5 games then FINE, switch them.

But I'm sick of every other game seeing all these modified lines. Now I know Tanguay is out so it makes sense for now, but what about before? People can't score, bench them, don't change the lines just bench said person for that game. We have like 16 forwards or something like that don't we?

EDIT: 2nd point is that I feel against good teams we play amazingly and against crap teams we play like crap. I'm a big fan of european players, but I do find that a lot of them only give 2 ***** about the playoffs and trying hard then. I bet you the kostitsyn's, kovalev, all those guys in the playoffs will be tanks. But I think against teams they deem not challenging, and this can even be said for many canadian/american players on our team, they just don't try hard enough imo. They go out there expecting it to be cake, but even the worst NHL team is still an NHL team and they need to play just as hard for every game. Rivals/Good teams are always great games for us even if we lose. Crappy teams or teams nobody cares about they seem to play HORRIBLY. Also a lot of our players are vets and imo they probably realize they're going to make the playoffs whether or not they're in 1st place and many of whom probably think once they all start trying it'll be an easy cup.

I just wish we had a team that came to play for every game, that's what I find our problem is, but in the playoffs often times we more then make up for this plague that seems to plague our team where we never try half the regular season games.

Anyways

/endrant

Last edited by neofury*: 12-02-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I know it's CKAC but found something,look at April 9th

Now I remember more,it was after that 6-5 loss to the Leafs in the final game of the season in which we only needed 1 point

http://www.sportnographe.com/La-sais...e-Canadien,617
Still, I do think that it was more about wanting to do it, doing everything we possibly can, using all the money we can even if it means reaching the cap and so on.....'cause again, how can he do that? Even how can Gainey do it? You don't know how players will respond to your offers? You can promise you'll do everything you can...but that's about it.

Old
12-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I guess that this is the closest to "promised any superstar"

or

I agree with you that he never came as "promising" one.....but reading between the lines is often our favorite sport....
So in other words...people get all bent out of shape when they're own unrealistic expectations aren't met. Hmmm...shocking lol

Old
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Kovy scores tonight!
X 2 , you can feel the magic kovy in the air ( dont post the vid lol )

Old
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
So in other words...people get all bent out of shape when they're own unrealistic expectations aren't met. Hmmm...shocking lol
But then our expectations were the team's expectations when they've tried hard to get those guys and failed. Almost every rumor we heard was true and they came out empty. So in the end, I believe even the team's unrealistic expectations weren't met as well and both the org. and the fans came away dissapointed.

Old
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
I also think he will score,Kovy I hope you mean Kovalchuk right???

Old
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
At "least" 2?? Give me a break, throw in either an offensive D or a stay at home D who is good and we're set.

The reason we are doing poorly is: A) Komisarek's injury and B) chemistry

Lots of new faces on this team, new lines, after a long summer, takes time for some teams to build on said chemistry and the more carbo jumbles the lines the more this feels like 2 seasons ago. As soon as he allows the lines enough time to click we'll be fine offensively. A good offensive D to play the point is really at most what we need.

"at least 2 more" = a joke if u ask me. Look at our top 9 forwards and heck even our rotation of bottom 3, it isn't bad at all. Look at our top 4 d-men, and heck even our bottom 2, not bad at all. Look at our 2 goalies, both are great.

It's a matter of confidence and chemistry purely. These things take time and fans just can't accept the fact that these things take time and you need to sometimes lose some games while gaining line chemistry in order to be successful in the long term, something carbo clearly has not learned yet. Not trying to make this a carbo bashing thread, I hated him 2 years ago but since have become a big supporter of his, but it was for the way he coached LAST season that I became a supporter of his. If he continues to make rookie mistakes like he did 2 seasons ago then yes, I probably will start to become a carbo basher. For now I understand, he's under tons of pressure because he has a great team that should be able to outscore almost any other NHL team and on most nights plays like they should have 9 goals a game but loses games 3-2. I mean, I can understand the level of stress and jumbling the lines might seem like the only way to get the media and all that stress off his back for a second. But the real trick imo is to just make 3 lines right now, and stick with them for at least 5-6 games and if we lose 4-5 games then FINE, switch them.

Anyways

/endrant
2 things...I don't think the Habs are doing *that*poorly. They're underachieving and several of their top players are underperforming.

However, I think the biggest problem with the Habs and their up and down season thus far is their PP. If they're PP was operating even slightly better, everything would look better, some of our struggling point producers would have 4 or 5 more goals or assists. Those points on the PP translate to having more confidence on the ice, etc.

I have full confidence the Habs PP will bounce back because there's too much talent for it not too. Tonight would be a good start fellas!

Old
12-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I have full confidence the Habs PP will bounce back because there's too much talent for it not too. Tonight would be a good start fellas!
I think so too. I feel good about tonight! Let's go boys!

Old
12-02-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But then our expectations were the team's expectations when they've tried hard to get those guys and failed. Almost every rumor we heard was true and they came out empty. So in the end, I believe even the team's unrealistic expectations weren't met as well and both the org. and the fans came away dissapointed.
I don't think it's unrealistic for the team to want to sign superstars...ultimately, the decision is the player's though, not much you can do about that. Hell, Bob Gainey flew Brendan Shanahan over Montreal in a helicopter and he still decided to sign with New York...what can ya do?

Old
12-02-2008, 03:41 PM
AD

So A Kost has been switched from line to line to line.. and he's still a LW..

Hihihi..

I love it.

Old
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
So A Kost has been switched from line to line to line.. and he's still a LW..

Hihihi..

I love it.
Proof that Carbo is not pulling names out of a hat... by sheer randomness AK46 should of had hit right wing if that were the case. There must be a method to his madness.

That being said, I'd love for Carbo to do something unexpected... go back to the lines that won games at the beginning of the season. I know.. its insane!!!

Old
12-02-2008, 03:46 PM
la25ecoupe

I like how Carbo whips the interviewers during his interviews

Old
12-02-2008, 03:48 PM
la25ecoupe

I want the first line to explode so DAGOS can stay

Old
12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
HockeyWench

Here are the updates lines for us tonight:

Kozlov - White - Little
Kovalchuk - Reasoner - Thorburn
Christensen - Williams - Armstrong
Boulton - Slater - Perrin

Hainsey - Exelby
Enstrom - Havelid
Oystrick - Valabik

Hedberg
Pavelec

Healthy Scratch:

Crabb

Injuries:

Bogosian (Fractured Fibula)
Lehtonen (Back)
Schneider (Upper Body)

Old
12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyWench View Post
Here are the updates lines for us tonight:

Kozlov - White - Little
Christensen - Williams - Armstrong
Boulton - Slater - Perrin

Hainsey - Exelby
Enstrom - Havelid
Oystrick - Valabik

Hedberg
Pavelec

Healthy Scratch:

Crabb

Injuries:

Bogosian (Fractured Fibula)
Lehtonen (Back)
Schneider (Upper Body)
Poor Kovalchuk...

Old
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyWench View Post
Kovalchuk - 21 pts
Reasoner - 7 pts
Thorburn - 2 pts

Wow...

Old
12-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Batarnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
4 goals 1 assist for Kovalev.

GO HABS GO

Old
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
HockeyWench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Poor Kovalchuk...
Don't feel bad for Kovy. He has to start scoring again and get hot in play. It has been a slow go for him this season and that is not attributed to who is on his line. When Kovy was placed on the line with Thorburn & Holik late last season, that line was hot. Reasoner has the same style of grit Holik does so this could be the line combo he needs to help boost his play. Kovy just needs to find his groove again, it would not matter what line he is on unless he can get his mojo back. We are so ready for Kovy to break out. When he does it is gonna to be intense & exciting to watch.

Old
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Fire Brunet*

Guys imagine Carbo having BGL on the point during PPs tonight

Old
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Taylorzzz

GO HABS GO!!!!

Old
12-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Actually, Kovalchuk played great with Thorburn and Holik last year, hence this new pairing with Thorburn and Reasoner. It should be more effective than playing with ballet-dancers like Williams, Christensen, and Perrin.

Old
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I wanted to post this in the last GDT because I've seen this there but how can you say Buffalo was a sure loss? I was expecting a win from our boys and they delivered. Vanek is lucky and scary good though.
Well after the way they played against the Caps and the fact that Buffalo had just won vs Pittsburgh i think a loss was more likely than a win...

'Expect the unexpected' this is really what the Habs are this year lol

Closed Thread