HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official lines for tonight per CKAC

Old
12-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Seriously, next season, if Carbo is still the coach of the Habs, there should be a sticky thread with the line up of each game.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Seriously, next season, if Carbo is still the coach of the Habs, there should be a sticky thread with the line up of each game.
Like there should be a sticky about Latendresse, the French medias, the crowd....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:33 PM
juggernaut

Am I watching the same Latendresse that alot of people on here are. He's been one of the better checking forwards and has been playing decent. I wonder if the people that are bashing him are doing it to make up for the idiots at RDS overly praising him. He has not produced like some expected but neither has Plekanec, Higgins, Andre Kos., ect. I have no problem with him sitting out for a game but saying hes a bust, not checking, or that he should be in Hamilton is an absolute joke. I can't wait to see what Laraque brings to the game tonight besides 8 mins of useless hockey.

juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:39 PM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Matt D'agostini-Saku koivu-Andrei Kostitsyn
Alex Tanguay-Thomas Plekanec- Tom Kostopoulos
Christopher Higgins- Robert Lang-alex Kovalev
Georges Laraque-Maxime Lappierre-Steve Bégin

Latendresse and Sergei out!

Roman Hamrlik-Patirce Brisebois
Mathieu Dandenault-Françis Bouillon
Josh Georges-Andrei Markov

Carey Price in nets

I'm speechless right now
Good, both Lats & Sergei are sitting. That needed to be done. Like everything about the lineup except the reunion of Dandouillon. But Carbo doesn't have a choice, does he?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

I know a lot of people like to bash Latendresse but to bench him this game is just retarded IMO. He did exactly what people want of him last game which is throw his weight around and to stand in front of the net, and his reward for that was to get scratched this game.

Carbo is just ****ing with the kid right now, give him a consistent line so he can build chemistry with his linemates, it is very difficult for a player when they are playing with new guys every game or two.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
I know a lot of people like to bash Latendresse but to bench him this game is just retarded IMO. He did exactly what people want of him last game which is throw his weight around and to stand in front of the net, and his reward for that was to get scratched this game.

Carbo is just ****ing with the kid right now, give him a consistent line so he can build chemistry with his linemates, it is very difficult for a player when they are playing with new guys every game or two.
yup... the Latendresse bashing is so ridiculous

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Christopher Higgins- Robert Lang- Alex Kovalev
I like!

Quote:
Tanguay-Plekanec
I like!

Quote:
Koivu-A. Kostitsyn
I like!

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
DaHabMan

great expect a bad game for akost now...damnit carbo put him on the right ****!!!

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I like!

I like!

I like!
Unfortunately, in hockey a line consists of 3 players, not 2.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Khabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
great expect a bad game for akost now...damnit carbo put him on the right ****!!!
He's away from Kovalev, he'll be fine.

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:17 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Seriously, how can we complain? First time ever we see Koivu and Ak46 reunited. Don't really like Kostopoulos on the second but untill when will Carbo change lines? You can't say he isn't trying to find good combos.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Andy

Carbonneau replied when asked about Latendresse benching "It's personal and you don't need to know everything"---I heard this from the radio.

Could it be Lats is being traded and D'Ago will take his place?

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirakith View Post
WTK here, no way is Andrei on RW, liunes are wrong.

Dandouillon is death.
You clearly don't watch enough games and are going off previous popular opinion. Dandenault has been one of the best skating, hardest working players on the team this year.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
zx81

Like I already said they will never give Lats a real chance and will eventually trade him for a bunch of pucks. Every loser on Hfboards will be happy but will regret it a few years later when he becomes the 30-goal scorer we'll need.

Sadly it's not the first mismanagement by a Montreal coaching staff.

In fact I now hope he gets traded and that Montreal doesn't get anything for him.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Like I already said they will never give Lats a real chance and will eventually trade him for a bunch of pucks. Every loser on Hfboards will be happy but will regret it a few years later when he becomes the 30-goal scorer we'll need.

In fact I now hope he gets traded and that Montreal doesn't get anything for him.
If you're going to post one hypothetical scenario, why not look at the other side of it, what if Lats does nothing when he gets traded, what will be the excuse then? (He's only 31 years old, 32 goals in first two seasons).

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoar View Post
Tanguay / Pleks - I think it's a good idea and it strikes me that to get Plekanec firing again Carbo is trying to make him "the shooter" on his line. I think he's actually be in good position a lot, and seen him have plenty of games now whre he's played well but never received the "dish" from his more famous winger "L'Artiste". On this line he'll be the scorer and should actually receive a pass or 3 when he's in a good scoring position.

The line juggling is getting excessive, but Carbo is out of options with certain players and rather then benching you-know-who, it's better to let him play through the rocky times. In fact it wouldn't at all surprise me to find out that the coach *asked* AK27 who could help him get himself going.

I am beginning to wonder why it really is Latendresse who always "copes".... I don't think he deserved to be benched; if that's the punishment Sergei gets then why #84? He's been genuinely working.... not sure it's a good message. Does this signal that D'Agostini is reaching even with Lats on the depth chart perhaps?
It would be nice if Lats registered a few points to go with his working. IMO, he'll sit for a game or so and then come back. SKost is another matter. He needs shock treatment.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
If you're going to post one hypothetical scenario, why not look at the other side of it, what if Lats does nothing when he gets traded, what will be the excuse then? (He's only 31 years old, 32 goals in first two seasons).
Yes, because being 31 is soooooo the same thing as being 21.

How old are you yourself?..I'm only 25, and I can notice how I matured a great deal in 4years.
If you think 21 is old enough to pass judgment on a whole career, then it makes sense why you always bring up this argument.

The kid is used about a minute more than Lapierre and 40sec more than Kosto per game and gets about 1min of PP per game, please explain to me how come people still expect him to be racking up the points with such little ice time?..But when he was getting Ice Time at the beginning of the season when Higgins was injured, he had 7pts in 8GP, yet people find ways to diss him still.

S.Kost plays 1:45min more than Lats(PP IT) but has 9pts compared to Lats 8pts. He's 21 as well.
A.Kost plays 2min more and has 9pts too. He's 23.
Higgins plays 3:40min more than Lats but only has 1 more pts too. He's 25.
Plekanec just under 5min more than Lats but has 3pts more. He's 26.

So if he's not young...who is?..Not only that, but all those players are way more skilled then him, yet he's the one getting crapped on. That makes soooo much sense

Also, if Lats was getting more Ice Time including PP Time, there's nothing that can prove he wouldn't have more points than any of the players above mentioned.

It's simply amazing the number of people saying this and that about Lats, when the kid plays 13min per game. That's almost like 4min per period, that means what..5 Shifts per period?..
And people are surprise he's not racking up the points?..Really??..
Kostopoulos plays 40seconds less and he's played like Lats on very single line this season, but are we surprised he's not scoring??..No we're not. So why should we be with Lats?..

The Bashing towards Lats is more than ridiculous. People just like to whine and throw things out there without looking at things in depth.

Old
12-02-2008, 05:07 PM
wolfinhabsclothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post

It will never happen because no NHL coach will give Lats a chance to play big minutes due to his defensive shortcomings.

Seriously, those of you supporting him need to watch the games CLOSELY. He's constantly losing his man and playing catch-up. He costs the team goals, sometimes because of the aforementioned, sometimes because the team gets pinned in the defensive zone because of a missed assignement. Latendresse is the worst player I've ever seen when it comes to this, which is why Carbo, rightly, won't give him minutes.

The above is why the biggest mistake the Habs ever made with him is not sending Hamilton to learn how to play the game. He stepped out of junior, where he could get away with the above, and into an environment where he can't. The biggest mistake the Habs made was not setting him up for success.

I hate to say it, but he'll be no big loss and he'll only do well on a team that's a bottom feeder in the standings, where there's no pressure to win, and they can afford to put him in the top 6. I hope Gui will like Columbus....

wolfinhabsclothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinhabsclothing View Post
It will never happen because no NHL coach will give Lats a chance to play big minutes due to his defensive shortcomings.

Seriously, those of you supporting him need to watch the games CLOSELY. He's constantly losing his man and playing catch-up. He costs the team goals, sometimes because of the aforementioned, sometimes because the team gets pinned in the defensive zone because of a missed assignement. Latendresse is the worst player I've ever seen when it comes to this, which is why Carbo, rightly, won't give him minutes.
Lats is +3, that's 5th on our team. He also has 4Giveaways, and has 4 Takeaways, so that evens out. He leads our team in Hits.

If he was constantly losing his man, playing catch-up, costing us goals, missing his assignments, those numbers would be much bigger. Just another case of ''blablablaing'' from a deranged hab fan.

It's not because you watch the games that you understand it perfectly. You clearly don't.
Lats is a winger, wingers in our zone should be close to the point. I've often seen Lats back check all the way down as if he was centering his line. That's not his role.

He had a great start this season. Higgins comes back, he loses all his PP Ice Time, 2Games later, loses his 1st line Ice Time, and now is being toyed around from 3rd to 4th to bench, yet he manages to lead in hits.

Old
12-02-2008, 05:20 PM
madbox

TK with Tanguay and Pleks... alright I love TK but give it up Carbo. That Detroit game he filled in nicely however every other time he tries TK with our more offensive players with the Habs in slump mode it does.not.work.

But now it will!

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:29 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
TK with Tanguay and Pleks... alright I love TK but give it up Carbo. That Detroit game he filled in nicely however every other time he tries TK with our more offensive players with the Habs in slump mode it does.not.work.

But now it will!
Tanguay could produce with Dagenais on his line right now, you know it..

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

Komi back behind the bench!!! nice..

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Garp

Am I the only one who hopes that Gainey trade Latendresse. It's becoming rediculous, I almost want him to pull a LeClair.

Garp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes, because being 31 is soooooo the same thing as being 21.

How old are you yourself?..I'm only 25, and I can notice how I matured a great deal in 4years.
If you think 21 is old enough to pass judgment on a whole career, then it makes sense why you always bring up this argument.

The kid is used about a minute more than Lapierre and 40sec more than Kosto per game and gets about 1min of PP per game, please explain to me how come people still expect him to be racking up the points with such little ice time?..But when he was getting Ice Time at the beginning of the season when Higgins was injured, he had 7pts in 8GP, yet people find ways to diss him still.

S.Kost plays 1:45min more than Lats(PP IT) but has 9pts compared to Lats 8pts. He's 21 as well.
A.Kost plays 2min more and has 9pts too. He's 23.
Higgins plays 3:40min more than Lats but only has 1 more pts too. He's 25.
Plekanec just under 5min more than Lats but has 3pts more. He's 26.

So if he's not young...who is?..Not only that, but all those players are way more skilled then him, yet he's the one getting crapped on. That makes soooo much sense

Also, if Lats was getting more Ice Time including PP Time, there's nothing that can prove he wouldn't have more points than any of the players above mentioned.

It's simply amazing the number of people saying this and that about Lats, when the kid plays 13min per game. That's almost like 4min per period, that means what..5 Shifts per period?..
And people are surprise he's not racking up the points?..Really??..
Kostopoulos plays 40seconds less and he's played like Lats on very single line this season, but are we surprised he's not scoring??..No we're not. So why should we be with Lats?..

The Bashing towards Lats is more than ridiculous. People just like to whine and throw things out there without looking at things in depth.
Are you forgetting that Higgins started the season without going through the preseason and also missed the first 6 games? Also, are you forgetting the hit to the head that AKost took? Kostopoulos has been far more valuable than Lats this season. He isn't that talented but he's more involved and he gives his all every game, unlike Lats. Also, did you noptice that even Bégin has more goals than Lats?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Habs

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote