HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CKAC: Guy Charron signs with Florida !

Closed Thread

Old
07-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Duster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
Unfortuantley Robinson will not replace Charron...
I'm curious as to why not? Is it a matter that you don't believe he would return as an assistant in Montreal or that you doubt his coaching abilities? Perhaps you can elaborate?

I should point out that he was head coach in L.A. and in New Jersey. Quite successful too. He can run the powerplay and the pk.

I'm rather hesitant when it comes to an inexperienced assistant coach. CJ is not exactly a veteran and Green could be the next to go. The latter still has not been re-signed after all.

As much as I like Bossy, he is inexperienced. I think we had enough trial and error during the Houle era and with Michel Therrien.

Old
07-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan
Charron did a fantastic job and will be sorely missed.

I do not think there are any asst.coaches out there that could replace him.
:lol You trully are a leaf fan

Old
07-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster
I'm curious as to why not? Is it a matter that you don't believe he would return as an assistant in Montreal or that you doubt his coaching abilities? Perhaps you can elaborate?

I should point out that he was head coach in L.A. and in New Jersey. Quite successful too. He can run the powerplay and the pk.

I'm rather hesitant when it comes to an inexperienced assistant coach. CJ is not exactly a veteran and Green could be the next to go. The latter still has not been re-signed after all.

As much as I like Bossy, he is inexperienced. I think we had enough trial and error during the Houle era and with Michel Therrien.
I am not doubting his coaching ablilities far from it. I do not believe Robinson would be brought back as an assistant. He would be brought back as a head coach.

I still believe that Muller would be a great assistant coach for the habs good with the players and has alot to teach

Old
07-18-2004, 10:35 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
For those looking for official confirmation:

http://www.floridapanthers.com/press...4charron.shtml

Old
07-18-2004, 12:15 PM
EaGLE1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Wall
I am not doubting his coaching ablilities far from it. I do not believe Robinson would be brought back as an assistant. He would be brought back as a head coach.

I still believe that Muller would be a great assistant coach for the habs good with the players and has alot to teach
Robinson is too experienced and too imposant to be the assistant of Claude Julien.
It would be a constant threat for Claude. Head Coaches don't want that.

Closed Thread