HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Russian U-20 Team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-02-2004, 03:00 PM
  #1
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 23,298
vCash: 500
Russian U-20 Team

Anyone want to take a shot at who will be on Russia's U-20 team? Any chance of Anikekyenko or Churilov making the team? What about Vororiev and Yemelin on defense? What about in nets, Khudobin or Borisov have a shot?

montreal is offline  
Old
07-04-2004, 01:26 AM
  #2
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Anyone want to take a shot at who will be on Russia's U-20 team?
Apparently not.


not quite yoda is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 04:54 AM
  #3
Slay
Registered User
 
Slay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,425
vCash: 500
G:
Sidikov Rustam* - 6'2/161 - 1985 - CSKA Moscow
Borisov Sergei - 6'0/174 - 1985 - CSKA Moscow

D:
Kosmatchev Dmitry* - 6'3/195 - 06/07/85 - CSKA Moscow
Ezhov Denis* - 6'0/198 - 02/28/85 - CSKA Moscow
Vorobiev Dmitry - 6'2/203 - 10/18/85 - Lada
Anikeenko Vitaly - 6'4/198 - 01/02/87 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Karetin Sergei - 6'2.5/200 - 01/14/86 - CSKA Moscow
Lyamin Kirill - 6'3/198 - 01/13/86 - CSKA Moscow
Belov Anton - 6'2.5/185 - 07/29/86 - CSKA Moscow
Mikhaylishin Alex 6'4/198 - 02/24/86 - Spartak Moscow
Amakhin Ivan - 6'2/190 - 06/11/86 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Pervyshin Andrei - 5'9/165 - 06/07/85 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

F:
Ovechkin Alexander* - 6'2/212 - 09/17/85 - Dynamo Moscow
Malkin Evgeny* - 6'3/187 - 07/31/86 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Glazachev Konstantin 6'0/186 - 02/18/85 - CSKA Moscow
Pestunov Dmitry* - 5'9.5/194 - 01/22/85 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Khomutov Ivan - 6'3/- - 1985 - London Knights
Shafigulin Gregory* - 6'2/185 - 01/13/85 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Chernikh Dmitry - 6'1/190 - 02/27/85 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Makarov Konstantin - 5'11/203 - 1985 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Radulov Alexander - 6'1/183 - 07/05/86 - THK Tver
****ikov Dmitry - 5'11/175 - 01/21/86 - CSKA Moscow
Voloshenko Roman - 6'1/190 - 05/12/86 - Krylia Sovetov Moscow
Lisin Enver - 6'1.5/190 - 04/22/86 - Dinamo Moscow
Parshin Denis - 5'9/165 - 02/01/86 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Churilov Gennadiy - 6'0/175 - 05/05/87 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Sopin Alexei - 5'11/175 - 03/04/87 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Yunkov Mikhail - 6'0/170 - 02/16/86 - Krylia Sovetov Moscow
Stasyuk Denis - 6'3/181 - 09/02/85 - Metallurg Novokuznetsk
Dubinin Anton - 5'10/176 - 07/22/85 - CSKA Moscow
Alexandrov Viktor 5'11/165 - 1985 - Metallurg Novokuznetsk

*- potential returners


Last edited by Slay: 07-05-2004 at 05:03 AM.
Slay is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 05:02 AM
  #4
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Sweet.

I'd love to see Dimitri Vorobiev on the blue line.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 05:35 AM
  #5
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I would like to see Mikhaylishin play but is his foot speed and offensive limitations in question?

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 10:43 AM
  #6
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Wow, the Preds have the potential for four prospects on the Russian u-20 team: Radulov, Glazachev, Shafigulin, and Sidikov.

SmokeyClause is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 12:43 PM
  #7
Captain Conservative
Registered User
 
Captain Conservative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My Blue Heaven
Country: Spain
Posts: 3,840
vCash: 500
That is one frightening group of forwards. The blueline looks a bit weak compared to what Canada will ice, but hey, its Canada. I don't know much about either of those goalies. Does anyone have a scouting report?

Captain Conservative is offline  
Old
07-05-2004, 03:16 PM
  #8
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
- Sidikov went 133rd to Nashville last year.
- Borisov went undrafted this year.

Weak goaltending.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 10:22 AM
  #9
Kugel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay
G:
Sidikov Rustam* - 6'2/161 - 1985 - CSKA Moscow
Borisov Sergei - 6'0/174 - 1985 - CSKA Moscow

D:
Kosmatchev Dmitry* - 6'3/195 - 06/07/85 - CSKA Moscow
Ezhov Denis* - 6'0/198 - 02/28/85 - CSKA Moscow
Vorobiev Dmitry - 6'2/203 - 10/18/85 - Lada
Anikeenko Vitaly - 6'4/198 - 01/02/87 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Karetin Sergei - 6'2.5/200 - 01/14/86 - CSKA Moscow
Lyamin Kirill - 6'3/198 - 01/13/86 - CSKA Moscow
Belov Anton - 6'2.5/185 - 07/29/86 - CSKA Moscow
Mikhaylishin Alex 6'4/198 - 02/24/86 - Spartak Moscow
Amakhin Ivan - 6'2/190 - 06/11/86 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Pervyshin Andrei - 5'9/165 - 06/07/85 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

F:
Ovechkin Alexander* - 6'2/212 - 09/17/85 - Dynamo Moscow
Malkin Evgeny* - 6'3/187 - 07/31/86 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Glazachev Konstantin 6'0/186 - 02/18/85 - CSKA Moscow
Pestunov Dmitry* - 5'9.5/194 - 01/22/85 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Khomutov Ivan - 6'3/- - 1985 - London Knights
Shafigulin Gregory* - 6'2/185 - 01/13/85 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Chernikh Dmitry - 6'1/190 - 02/27/85 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Makarov Konstantin - 5'11/203 - 1985 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Radulov Alexander - 6'1/183 - 07/05/86 - THK Tver
****ikov Dmitry - 5'11/175 - 01/21/86 - CSKA Moscow
Voloshenko Roman - 6'1/190 - 05/12/86 - Krylia Sovetov Moscow
Lisin Enver - 6'1.5/190 - 04/22/86 - Dinamo Moscow
Parshin Denis - 5'9/165 - 02/01/86 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Churilov Gennadiy - 6'0/175 - 05/05/87 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Sopin Alexei - 5'11/175 - 03/04/87 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Yunkov Mikhail - 6'0/170 - 02/16/86 - Krylia Sovetov Moscow
Stasyuk Denis - 6'3/181 - 09/02/85 - Metallurg Novokuznetsk
Dubinin Anton - 5'10/176 - 07/22/85 - CSKA Moscow
Alexandrov Viktor 5'11/165 - 1985 - Metallurg Novokuznetsk

*- potential returners
should this team be considered one of the favorites?

Kugel is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 10:55 AM
  #10
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Their defense looks slow but physical. Againt a bigger canada team I think they would do well.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 10:59 AM
  #11
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
For someone who knows russian prospects well, what is the difference between Mikhaylishin and Klimov. Both devils prospect, both in the draft, both for Spartak Moscow.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 11:55 AM
  #12
Douggy
Registered User
 
Douggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay
Khomutov Ivan - 6'3/- - 1985 - London Knights
Khomutov wont be back in London. He's signed with New Jersey.

Douggy is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 12:07 PM
  #13
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggy
Khomutov wont be back in London. He's signed with New Jersey.
Which will only help his chances for the team. If they can get a player who is used to pro competition all the better.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
07-09-2004, 12:12 PM
  #14
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer
 
Jason MacIsaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
This russian defense looks like it has a potential to lay a beating on Canada's forwards which dominated last year. Anikeenko vs Carter/Stewart would be a nice battle.

Jason MacIsaac is offline  
Old
07-17-2004, 03:27 PM
  #15
bossy22
Registered User
 
bossy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay
G:
Sidikov Rustam* - 6'2/161 - 1985 - CSKA Moscow
Borisov Sergei - 6'0/174 - 1985 - CSKA Moscow

D:
Kosmatchev Dmitry* - 6'3/195 - 06/07/85 - CSKA Moscow
Ezhov Denis* - 6'0/198 - 02/28/85 - CSKA Moscow
Vorobiev Dmitry - 6'2/203 - 10/18/85 - Lada
Anikeenko Vitaly - 6'4/198 - 01/02/87 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Karetin Sergei - 6'2.5/200 - 01/14/86 - CSKA Moscow
Lyamin Kirill - 6'3/198 - 01/13/86 - CSKA Moscow
Belov Anton - 6'2.5/185 - 07/29/86 - CSKA Moscow
Mikhaylishin Alex 6'4/198 - 02/24/86 - Spartak Moscow
Amakhin Ivan - 6'2/190 - 06/11/86 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Pervyshin Andrei - 5'9/165 - 06/07/85 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

F:
Ovechkin Alexander* - 6'2/212 - 09/17/85 - Dynamo Moscow
Malkin Evgeny* - 6'3/187 - 07/31/86 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Glazachev Konstantin 6'0/186 - 02/18/85 - CSKA Moscow
Pestunov Dmitry* - 5'9.5/194 - 01/22/85 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Khomutov Ivan - 6'3/- - 1985 - London Knights
Shafigulin Gregory* - 6'2/185 - 01/13/85 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Chernikh Dmitry - 6'1/190 - 02/27/85 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Makarov Konstantin - 5'11/203 - 1985 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Radulov Alexander - 6'1/183 - 07/05/86 - THK Tver
****ikov Dmitry - 5'11/175 - 01/21/86 - CSKA Moscow
Voloshenko Roman - 6'1/190 - 05/12/86 - Krylia Sovetov Moscow
Lisin Enver - 6'1.5/190 - 04/22/86 - Dinamo Moscow
Parshin Denis - 5'9/165 - 02/01/86 - Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Churilov Gennadiy - 6'0/175 - 05/05/87 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Sopin Alexei - 5'11/175 - 03/04/87 - Metallurg Magnitogorsk
Yunkov Mikhail - 6'0/170 - 02/16/86 - Krylia Sovetov Moscow
Stasyuk Denis - 6'3/181 - 09/02/85 - Metallurg Novokuznetsk
Dubinin Anton - 5'10/176 - 07/22/85 - CSKA Moscow
Alexandrov Viktor 5'11/165 - 1985 - Metallurg Novokuznetsk

*- potential returners

Anxious to see what, Isles 2003 2nd Round pick, Chernykh can do. He might pan out to be a better player than the Isles' 1st round pick in 2003 (R.Nilsson). How about NYI 2004 3rd Rounder Sergei Ogorodnikov, who played this spring on the Russian U18 squad?


Last edited by bossy22: 07-17-2004 at 10:51 PM.
bossy22 is offline  
Old
07-17-2004, 10:16 PM
  #16
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 500
I wonder if Misha Joukov would be eligible. He apparently got his Swedish citizenship, but I don't know if that a) rids him of his Russian citizenship or b) makes him ineligible to play for Russia.

Either way, it's not much of an issue if he has no shot at the team. I have no idea if he would or not, though.

Seachd is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 07:34 AM
  #17
leafaholix*
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ron Hainsey is King!
Country: Botswana
Posts: 22,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I wonder if Misha Joukov would be eligible. He apparently got his Swedish citizenship, but I don't know if that a) rids him of his Russian citizenship or b) makes him ineligible to play for Russia.

Either way, it's not much of an issue if he has no shot at the team. I have no idea if he would or not, though.
He probably considers himself a Swede and would not represent Russia.

Interesting situation though... but I don't think he's good enough for team Russia.

leafaholix* is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 08:11 AM
  #18
Seachd
Registered User
 
Seachd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Fail
Posts: 13,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
He probably considers himself a Swede and would not represent Russia.

Interesting situation though... but I don't think he's good enough for team Russia.
It is interesting. Last year we heard that he wanted to become a Swedish citizen, but first wanted to wait to see if he could make the Russian juniors (I think I may have just answered my own question). Then he gets his citizenship, but has decided to play next season in Russia. It's like he can't make up his mind.

Seachd is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 09:04 AM
  #19
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossy22
Anxious to see what, Isles 2003 2nd Round pick, Chernykh can do. He might pan out to be a better player than the Isles' 1st round pick in 2003 (R.Nilsson). How about NYI 2004 3rd Rounder Sergei Ogorodnikov, who played this spring on the Russian U18 squad?

It's nice that Chernykh was invited,but he had an inconsistent yr.

http://www.russianprospects.com/publ...?player_id=109

03/04/2004
During the 2003-04 season Dmitri Chernykh (New York Islanders) has for the most struggled to find a consistant spot in CSKA Moscow’s lineup, skating in only 22 games. Lately, however, the young forward has been a staple on the club’s third line, skating along side a top notch sniper Sergei Mozyakin (Columbus Blue Jackets), who is returning to old form since a serious leg injury he suffered two months ago.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
07-18-2004, 12:17 PM
  #20
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 35,529
vCash: 500
Goaltending looks like the weak link for this team. The forwards are a high-powered offensive group, and the defense is loaded with punishing, dependable stay-at-home types.

Epsilon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.