HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Avery Suspended

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2008, 04:55 PM
  #1
HuetIs39
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 315
vCash: 500
Avery Suspended

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258182&l...=topStory_main

For his comments made earlier today.

HuetIs39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:58 PM
  #2
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
What a ****ing loser.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
  #3
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Damn, there is nowhere he won't go. Classic Avery.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
  #4
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,438
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Ridiculous suspension.

Suspension for hurting someone's feelings!

Last I checked, that's not illegal.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
  #5
Canadian_Brewtality
Registered User
 
Canadian_Brewtality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,811
vCash: 500
i think what he said was out of line, but they are adults. No reason to suspend him. He wasnt insulting a player, he was giving a shot to his GF.

The NHL suspends this guy, but lets all these questionable head shots go unpunished.

The NHL: Lets protect guys feelings before their lives.

Canadian_Brewtality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
  #6
Slippy13
Registered User
 
Slippy13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Well he IS right

I'd take Elisha as sloppy thirds even

Slippy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:03 PM
  #7
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,310
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
i think what he said was out of line, but they are adults. No reason to suspend him. He wasnt insulting a player, he was giving a shot to his GF.

The NHL suspends this guy, but lets all these questionable head shots go unpunished.

The NHL: Lets protect guys feelings before their lives.
I think that's much worse...

It creates a bad image for the NHL. And frankly, it's kind of misogynistic.


Last edited by Bill McNeal: 12-02-2008 at 05:34 PM.
Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:04 PM
  #8
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
But i wish the nhl dont suspend him. Let him play and see how hes respond.

Quote from Turco

Quote:
When told Avery had basically thrown down the gauntlet to Phaneuf, Turco answered: “Well, hopefully he doesn't back down. We expect that out of him, like we have all year – and it still continues.”

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:04 PM
  #9
Habs8517
Registered User
 
Habs8517's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 500

some morons never learn

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:05 PM
  #10
viasyncro
Registered User
 
viasyncro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
"Uh, I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada.

"And I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about.

"Enjoy the game tonight."


The Calgary Herald offers its interpretation:

The jab, of course, is directed at Calgary Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf, who is dating Avery's ex-girlfriend, Elisha Cuthbert. The actress, reportedly, also dated Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens.

I think the reason they suspended him is because would a fight or injury happen between those two, it would of created alot of bad press for the NHL

viasyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
  #11
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
well i don't know about you guys, but they probably just saved avery's life. You put me in a situation where people are supposed to smash and hit eachother right after one of the other people insulted my girlfriend, i'm sure some of you would be thinking the same thing as me.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:07 PM
  #12
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuetIs39 View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258182&l...=topStory_main

For his comments made earlier today.
Sounds like he is frustrated taht she dropped him like a bad habit. it's one thing to be an ass on the ice, quite another when your own teammates can't stand you.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:07 PM
  #13
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Avery is going to end up talking his way out of the league

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:08 PM
  #14
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I think that's much worse...

It creates a bid image for the NHL. And frankly, it's kind of misogynistic.
they probably say worse to each other on the ice however the fact it was made to media is why he is being suspended. Like you say, image wise for the NHL.

fact is, Avery has made more than one idiotic comment directed about the league and players, he was already on thin ice. However the NHL just missed the boat on some nice ratings though.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
  #15
viasyncro
Registered User
 
viasyncro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
they probably say worse to each other on the ice however the fact it was made to media is why he is being suspended. Like you say, image wise for the NHL.

fact is, Avery has made more than one idiotic comment directed about the league and players, he was already on thin ice. However the NHL just missed the boat on some nice ratings though.
True, I was going to watch the game just for that.

viasyncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:11 PM
  #16
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,048
vCash: 500
Too bad, Dion would have probably knocked him out tonight.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
  #17
Krautso
Registered User
 
Krautso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostopolous View Post
they probably say worse to each other on the ice however the fact it was made to media is why he is being suspended. Like you say, image wise for the NHL.

fact is, Avery has made more than one idiotic comment directed about the league and players, he was already on thin ice. However the NHL just missed the boat on some nice ratings though.
In some cases there is no such thing as bad publicity. This is not one of those cases. Avery is an embarrassment and this is not the WWF where you need to taunt your opponent before each match. Sell the game and keep the other crap quiet.

That being said, I would get in that lineup for Elisha as well!

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:14 PM
  #18
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,355
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
About ****ing time, its pretty bad it took this long, he should stick to play with his barbie dolls and leave Hockey to the real men.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:15 PM
  #19
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,914
vCash: 500
Avery.....once a ******bag, always a ******bag.

Can't wait till someone knocks this guy out.

I can't believe people think that this guy is good for the game.

He's done a good job in Dallas this year, what are they?....last place?

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:21 PM
  #20
Clumsyhab
Registered User
 
Clumsyhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,745
vCash: 500
Avery is a *********, but wth does the NHL suspend him? I'm sure worst thing has been said on ice.


I would have love to see Iginla and Phaneuf KO him.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:21 PM
  #21
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,035
vCash: 50
This guy will end up blackmailed from the league.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
  #22
Nashy
The Honey Badger
 
Nashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Avery is a *********, but wth does the NHL suspend him? I'm sure worst thing has been said on ice.


I would have love to see Iginla and Phaneuf KO him.
What happens on the ice, stays on the ice. ****head said it to the media.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
  #23
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Weak, because I wanted to see how this story would have finished tonight, but we're just gonna have to wait the next Stars vs Flames game. One more reason for us to be grateful Avery is now in the West.

Can't really blame the NHL on this though. It's not because a guy enjoys rolling in the mud that you gotta let him drag everyone with him.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:24 PM
  #24
Habitant
Registered User
 
Habitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 177
vCash: 500
Let me get this straight...you can call a French player a Frog but you can't besmirch the honour of Elisha Cuthbert?

Habitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
  #25
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I think that's much worse...

It creates a bid image for the NHL. And frankly, it's kind of misogynistic.
"mommy! mommy! mommy! What's a sloppy second?"

I think its pretty funny actually

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.