HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Notable Slovakia Omissions?

Closed Thread

Old
07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
ZombieMatt

vCash: 500
Notable Slovakia Omissions?

Just wondering if there is anyone that did not make the Slovak team that you felt (from the NHL) should have instead of someone who was named to teh roster.

If so, who and why (other than "so and so is better than so and so") ?

Old
07-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
Just wondering if there is anyone that did not make the Slovak team that you felt (from the NHL) should have instead of someone who was named to teh roster.

If so, who and why (other than "so and so is better than so and so") ?
Petrovicky over Somik. The only reason is that I think Petrovicky is a better goal score. I also would have put Kolnik or Svatos over Hlinka, becuase Svatos showed in the playoffs that he can play with the big guys, and Kolink has shown he is talented.

Old
07-18-2004, 01:35 PM
kolanos

Petrovicky gives Slovakia some much needed muscle upfront as well, he can single handedly keep the opposition on edge and keep their attention away from the offensive weapons.

Old
07-18-2004, 01:56 PM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
Petrovicky over Somik. The only reason is that I think Petrovicky is a better goal score. I also would have put Kolnik or Svatos over Hlinka, becuase Svatos showed in the playoffs that he can play with the big guys, and Kolink has shown he is talented.
Note: Hlinka was chosen because he is a defensive center which Svatos isnt. We cant have only attacking players, we need some defedning players too.

Closed Thread