HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you do it? (All Avery talk here)

Old
12-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown View Post
Really why would anyone want this guy on your team? He's locker-room cancer and is now getting suspended for stuff he does off ice? Are you serious?

I'm no GM but putting a NT clause on a guy that has been a proven problem in more than one dressing room was the most moronic move I've ever seen.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
I think lockerroom cancer is a little harsh considering the team won a lot with Sean Avery in the lineup (and don't even try to blame Dallas' failures on Avery).

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:54 PM
BwayBshirt

vCash: 500

I hope ppl realize that he would have said these same comments if he was on the Rangers when we play Calgary. And he would have been just as detrimental to our team as he is(was?) to the Stars.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

no I wouldnt do it...and Dallas cant trade him because they gave him a No Movement Clause

LOL

Well done Slats

12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post

I hope ppl realize that he would have said these same comments if he was on the Rangers when we play Calgary. And he would have been just as detrimental to our team as he is(was?) to the Stars.
Shanny and Jagr ABSOLUTELY kept Avery on a short leash. He had HUGE respect for the respect they gave him and in turn he took their advice and kept his mouth shut off the ice....

for the most part

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:

NYR public relations would have never allowed the situation to get this out of control. TSN manufactured this entire saga, and Dallas just isn't keeping him on a short enough leash because they think any press is good press. That's my take, as I've been following Sean in Dallas, and his personality has become much more over the top since joining them, aided by canadian media.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I think lockerroom cancer is a little harsh considering the team won a lot with Sean Avery in the lineup (and don't even try to blame Dallas' failures on Avery).
It's not far fetched to call him a locker room cancer. He was in LA and it appears he has alienated himself very quickly in Dallas.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
It's not far fetched to call him a locker room cancer. He was in LA and it appears he has alienated himself very quickly in Dallas.
because LA has done so much before and after Avery...

Old
12-02-2008, 09:03 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Shanny and Jagr ABSOLUTELY kept Avery on a short leash. He had HUGE respect for the respect they gave him and in turn he took their advice and kept his mouth shut off the ice....

for the most part
The problem was those 2 weren't going to play as long as Sean was going to be around (3-4 seasons).

If it wasn't these exact comments he would have mentioned it would have been something else that was going to be suspensionable. It's not "if" but "when".

Old
12-02-2008, 09:06 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
NYR public relations would have never allowed the situation to get this out of control. TSN manufactured this entire saga, and Dallas just isn't keeping him on a short enough leash because they think any press is good press. That's my take, as I've been following Sean in Dallas, and his personality has become much more over the top since joining them, aided by canadian media.
While MSG does a good job of keeping the media in check, I don't see how TSN can be blamed for this because any...ANY...media outlet worth their salt will seek him out nowadays.

His profile for better and worse has grown with his career. TSN and every other media outlet was there doing their jobs and Avery chose to again do something unnecessary and idiotic.

Old
12-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
While MSG does a good job of keeping the media in check, I don't see how TSN can be blamed for this because any...ANY...media outlet worth their salt will seek him out nowadays.

His profile for better and worse has grown with his career. TSN and every other media outlet was there doing their jobs and Avery chose to again do something unnecessary and idiotic.
You're right, and I don't blame TSN at all, they're just doing their jobs trying to create stories. the NHL is doing theirs too by trying to put the kibosh on any trash talking in the media. The only ones not doing their jobs is the Stars management.

Avery will be Avery, the media will be the media; but situations can be handled better in different cities.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

ahaha i cant believe this is even a thread...i think the jagr coming back to NYR is less idiotic. the only reason why i would want avery back is to make the remaining devils games somewhat entertaining and with uncle daddy on the sidelines he's wont even be of comedic value. Avery is a classless bum, yes he was OUR classless bum for a point in time but please believe that without shanny and jagr he would've imploded within a month. Just look at Turco's reaction and see how fast he's worn out his welcome...perhaps he should consider starting that fashion career earlier than planned.

I guess i agree with the suspension however they should have let him play and let dion beat the bag out of him. I wonder if his teamates would have backed him up?

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
You're right, and I don't blame TSN at all, they're just doing their jobs trying to create stories. the NHL is doing theirs too by trying to put the kibosh on any trash talking in the media. The only ones not doing their jobs is the Stars management.

Avery will be Avery, the media will be the media; but situations can be handled better in different cities.
This I totally agree with. The silly part is Dallas acts like they didn't know what acquiring a guy like Avery would entail as far as treating and handling him.

Old
12-02-2008, 09:47 PM
NYR Viper

i would sign him over the summer.....he wont be on that team much longer.....he is signed to a rediculous contract and although he is a good player and i miss his grit on the ice, his off-ice problems are a bit too much for a team full of young guys still learning who i dont want to think its "okay" to live like he does

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:51 PM
NY Ranger86

i loved avery while he was here but we dont need him as a distraction...refs hated him...thus hated us.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM
pld459666

the comment while uncooth, is pretty much accurate. She's making her way through the NHL.

I don't blame her, she's having fun and doing who and what she wants.

Not sure he makes this team that much better. Plus at 3.85 million? WAY to much coin

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

I loved having Avery here, however the thought of him playing for us without Shanny here to babysit him would make me hella nervous.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

*sniff* god how i miss him
That is a great Vid. It is hilarious how Aves threatens to take St. Louis' head off!

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
McMonster

I don't want anybody on this team that doesn't want to be here

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Xpaco08

If Dallas becomes really desperate to move Avery and the only place he is willing to waive his no Trade is to go to is NY and Dallas is willing to package him along with either prospects, picks or a rental player ontop of taking one or two of our bad contracts like Roszival, Redden, Rissmiller(if hes actually signed for three years like Zipay and Sam are stating) Etc. then I think its an option that should be explored. Simply trading Roszival for Avery saves us a million dollars in cap space next year.

Let Drury step up and be the leader everyone says he is and keep this guy under tabs. Yea this guy is a major A hole but he makes this fun plus he has proven he can play on a line with just about anyone of our centers.

Xpaco08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThisYearsModel

It is tempting on the premise of getting rid of Rozsival, but no sale. Avery hit the jackpot over the summer. The best the Stars will be able to do is send him to Iowa to get him off the cap. I don't believe anyone will take him at his current salary. I wouldn't. Now if the deal is sweetened with Joel Lundqvist.....naah, I still would not take Avery at that price for 4 years.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Avery should have made his living signing 1 year contracts for a contender. I wanted Avery back but the term he wanted scared me. Avery can be successful short term.

This is what happens when he's not playing for a contender. It took him 2 months to wear out his welcome. Now Dallas can enjoy another 3+ years of him.

Tom Hicks has a bad habit of signing players then paying someone else to take them. This is going to be a big problem for Dallas.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:13 PM
BwayBshirt

BTW, what should be most interesting in the coming week is what Larry Brooks' reaction will be viewed by in the NY Post in lieu of today's events.

He is a pro-Avery, anti-Bettman media hound after all.

Old
12-02-2008, 11:39 PM
In The Flesh

Avery's latest suspension proves yet another reason why the NHL is a joke of a league. He did jack ****.

As far as the OPs question, YES!

This team has no juice, no edge, no killer instinct, and are sorely lacking in the intensity dept. Avery helps all of that. Just for the record, our record with him in the lineup was no joke and no fluke, numbers don't lie.

But, it aint happening. Only way is what FLY mentioned.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Xpaco08

I would love it if Sather was able to turn Rozsival and Redden into Zubov and Avery. Were going to need cap space down the line. Redden is pretty much at this point a 6.5 million dollar shut down D man and we already got Girardi and Stall who are very good and much younger for that. I dont know how much Zubov has left but id take the chance to clear these two rediculous contracts. Call up Potter and Fahey for the time being and shop around for a D Man.

Xpaco08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpaco08 View Post
Redden is pretty much at this point a 6.5 million dollar shut down D man
if only he were.