Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2004, 08:34 PM
dunwoody_joe

vCash: 500
Adam Berkhoel

When did this trade come down.

To Atlanta: Adam Berkhoel, G.
To Chicago: 7th round conditional pick in 2005.

This kid can play: http://denverpioneers.collegesports....052804aaa.html

I'm guessing that Adam will be joining the Glads while Garnett moves up to the Wolves. Maybe teamed there with Herme?

I like this deal.

Old
06-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Blatny Spears

It happened right at the end of the draft.

Old
06-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwoody_joe
When did this trade come down.

To Atlanta: Adam Berkhoel, G.
To Chicago: 7th round conditional pick in 2005.

This kid can play: http://denverpioneers.collegesports....052804aaa.html

I'm guessing that Adam will be joining the Glads while Garnett moves up to the Wolves. Maybe teamed there with Herme?

I like this deal.
Well he was named the MVP of the Frozen Four tournament and posted a SO against the top offensive team in the nation (UND) in West Regional Final and the top defensive team in the nation (Maine) in the national championship game. So I'd say he's pretty good.

Old
06-28-2004, 08:58 AM
The Sneak

Anyone know Cassivi's contract status? Can we assume that the organization will cut bait on Freddie?

I'd have to think if Hurme is healthy we'd come to camp projecting...

Atlanta: Lehtonen, Nurminen
Chicago: Garnett, Hurme
Gwinnett: Berkhoel, ??

If Hurme is questionable I suppose that means we'll keep FC? Any news regarding Smid? Is he going to be brought over for a look-see, or have ties been severed? What year junior is Turple? How long can he continue to play in the OHL?

So many questions

Old
06-29-2004, 06:16 AM
ATLThrashers15

I seriously doubt Smid will ever see North American ice, and as for Cassivi, I believe he has another year on a deal, and the only reason Hurme would be in Chicago is on a rehab stint. Once he is healthy, either Pasi or Jani will be traded.

Old
07-16-2004, 06:14 PM
puck swami

I've been watching this kid for the last four years, and he has serious pro potential. He's a bit of an unorthodox butterfly, great reflexes but quietly competitive, squares to the shooter well and has a great glove hand. Needs to work on his puckhandling and strength. He's a big game goalie too - he just won the NCAA championship game 1-0 in a shutout performance that earned him MVP honors. It's doesn't get any bigger than that at his current level.

Great pickup for the Thrashers, and don't be at all suprised if he becomes the starter in the AHL by the end of this coming year.

He is every bit as good as Wade Dubielewicz, a top AHL prospect with the Islanders. Dubie and Adam spent three years splitting the goaltending duties for the U of Denver, but it was Berkhoel who won an NCAA title this year when Dubie moved on the pros.

Old
07-18-2004, 04:27 PM
CCTigers

Hey Swami, it's Rich.

Berkoel for a 7th rounder is a spectacular steal. I'm a fan of DU's most hated rival, so I am elated that we'll never have to face him again. He's not necessarily the prettiest goaltender in the world, so it'll be interesting to see how he does in the pros. I painfully watched him carry a good but not great DU team to a national title, and he did absolutely carry them. In the West regional game against North Dakota, and UND utterly dominated the game. Puck Swami may disagree, but the ice was horribly tilted towards Berkhoel and he just shut the door like he had for most of his 4 years in college. He also sut out Maine in the national championship game, but Maine isn't as powerful offensively as UND.

I doubt I'd give him 50/50 odds to play significantly in the NHL, but was excellent in college, and is certainly worth much more than a conditional 7th rounder.

Old
07-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Lessard Fretter

Send a message via AIM to Lessard Fretter
I wish I'd saw those games now that Atlanta has traded for him. Maybe I'll get to see a replay sometime though. I look forward to see how he does in the pros, should be interesting.

Closed Thread