HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's wrong with Kovalev???

Old
12-02-2008, 11:29 PM
la25ecoupe

vCash: 500

Nothing.

He's second best scorer.

S. Koivu 24 7 14 +9 21
A. Kovalev 24 5 13 +1 18
A. Markov 24 4 14 +4 18

/thread.

Please pin this.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:33 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Nothing.

He's second best scorer.

S. Koivu 24 7 14 +9 21
A. Kovalev 24 5 13 +1 18
A. Markov 24 4 14 +4 18

/thread.

Please pin this.
not again..

He showed up with a solid effort tonight.. happy? As long as he works hard and play this game with passion Im happy..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
He's Kovalev!

I wish we would have traded his sorry butt last year when he had some trade value. If we don't trade him soon, he won't have any value left in him, just like two years ago. Inconsistent moody and selfish player.

Don't be mislead by his points total. For example, against the worst team in our conference, he was a non-factor. Picked up an assist in an empty net. It counts as a point, but where the hell was he all game?

Instead of Waldo, here's the new game:

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Stradale

I hope this will not become a bashing Kovalev thread. He was one of our best forwards tonight.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I hope this will not become a bashing Kovalev thread. He was one of our best forwards tonight.
I'd say Koivu and A.Kost were the top 2 forwards. Kovy had a strong game and 2 points, Hedberg robbed him with a great save.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
He's Kovalev!

I wish we would have traded his sorry butt last year when he had some trade value. If we don't trade him soon, he won't have any value left in him, just like two years ago. Inconsistent moody and selfish player.

Don't be mislead by his points total. For example, against the worst team in our conference, he was a non-factor. Picked up an assist in an empty net. It counts as a point, but where the hell was he all game?

He was a non factor tonight ? Sets up three of our goals, plays hard all night, but he's a non factor You sir, are a non-factor to those boards

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Stradale

Quote:
He's Kovalev!

You must be blind for not seeing him in tonight's game. Or you're probably wearing the "hate-Kovalev" glasses.

Old
12-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
He was a non factor tonight ? Sets up three of our goals, plays hard all night, but he's a non factor You sir, are a non-factor to those boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
You must be blind for not seeing him in tonight's game. Or you're probably wearing the "hate-Kovalev" glasses.
You could buy me a drink before wanting to get too personal.

I've never been a Kovalev fan, no doubt, and I think that he's the most overrated player in Habs' history simply because most Habs' fans don't remember what a true star player looks like. Not their fault, they're too young to remember the Lafleur, Shutt, Cournoyer, Beliveau and company. The sooner he's gone, the better the team will be.

It's an opinion. Feel free to disagree, but don't get too personal. I'm not commenting on any member here.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Oh, my god.

I think someone just said he liked Kovalev. Quick, I must post my displeasure on the internet!

Would your magic potion be glue by any chance?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Stradale

Quote:
You could buy me a drink before wanting to get too personal.

I've never been a Kovalev fan, no doubt, and I think that he's the most overrated player in Habs' history simply because most Habs' fans don't remember what a true star player looks like. Not their fault, they're too young to remember the Lafleur, Shutt, Cournoyer, Beliveau and company. The sooner he's gone, the better the team will be.

It's an opinion. Feel free to disagree, but don't get too personal. I'm not commenting on any member here.
Well I do agree that Kovalev is overrated by the Habs fans but thats not his fault. People are expecting too much from him because of his talents and skills. He's paid 4.5 millions and not 7-8millions for a reason. And at 4.5 millions, i dont think he's underarchieving. He'll probably get around 70 pts this season and thats ok to me.

As for tonight's game, maybe your "hate" agaisnt him didnt help, but for me, and im not a big fan of Kovalev, i have to say that without him, i doubt the Habs would have won this game. Not saying that he was the reason that the Habs won, but he certainly did have an impact in the game.

Old
12-03-2008, 12:44 AM
le_sean

Quote:
He's Kovalev!

That empty netter was the game winning goal, you realize that, right?

He showed some flashes of his usual self tonight which was nice.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 01:22 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
He's Kovalev!

get lost man, he played well tonight ...

let him be... its gonna comeback for sure ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 02:43 AM
LyricalLyricist

He played good tonight, but since you asked.

Captain K has more goals, assists, points, +- than Kovalev.

Kovalev is on pace for 17 goals, 62 points.

He has been making many poor decisions with the puck.

His puck hogging has caused his linemates to have poor starts, seperated they have played better, andrei liberation thread, remember that?

While I'm not going to say he's a bad player or he played bad last night, he clearly has had some off games and his point totals are misleading. While they represent a huge drop from last year, many feel those point totals even over value his play. His poor decision making and puck hogging, trying to deke an entire team out style hasn't been effective, he's failed to use his linemates well, any linemates he has had.

That being said, I'm not bashing the guy, but you asked what's wrong with him and I'm merely suggesting possible answers.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:44 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Kovalev is still picking up the assists, even in this 'slump.' I wouldn't care if he only scored another 10 goals as long as he continues to rack up even more assists and you win games, it's all good.

He was so amazing last year, there is no living up to that.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 03:51 AM
facey

disclaimer: not a habs fan

i've always thought the guy was a selfish *****, his interviews, his play... he doesn't care about the team...

he likes having fun, he likes being popular, and i think he likes practicing especially practicing really hard to do stuff.

hes good, very skilled, but sucks if he is the best player on the team, not enough consistency and heart.

facey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 04:04 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by facey View Post
disclaimer: not a habs fan

i've always thought the guy was a selfish *****, his interviews, his play... he doesn't care about the team...

he likes having fun, he likes being popular, and i think he likes practicing especially practicing really hard to do stuff.

hes good, very skilled, but sucks if he is the best player on the team, not enough consistency and heart.
I guess last year was just a fluke?

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I guess last year was just a fluke?
sure it was

and his two points yesterday were one empty netter, and one deflection pass

and he caused turnovers.... again

he's nothing more than a PKer now, a more overpaid version of Radek bonk nothing more

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:46 AM
gee

I hate kovalev most of the time - not for his point totals but for what appears to be a lack of effort.

however, i thought last night he played a very good game. pfft, maybe he's happy now that he had a chance to play part time with lang?

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
sure it was

and his two points yesterday were one empty netter, and one deflection pass

and he caused turnovers.... again

he's nothing more than a PKer now, a more overpaid version of Radek bonk nothing more
Well according to the scoresheet he had 2 giveaways and made up for it with 4 takeaways, he also helped set up the Markov goal but it hit Kostitsyn on the way to the net so he didn't get an assist on it.

Pretty hilarious even when Kovalev plays a very good game people are still bashing him.

This overpaid version of Radek Bonk is also 5 points behind Bonk's career high with the Habs.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:00 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Good game, nothing more. I can only hope he has more of these left for the rest of the season...like every game.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
TheCH*

Kovalev is the most overly scrutinized player on this team, thats why he has so many haterboys on here.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
Well according to the scoresheet he had 2 giveaways and made up for it with 4 takeaways, he also helped set up the Markov goal but it hit Kostitsyn on the way to the net so he didn't get an assist on it.

Pretty hilarious even when Kovalev plays a very good game people are still bashing him.

This overpaid version of Radek Bonk is also 5 points behind Bonk's career high with the Habs.
Wrong, he just made the pass to Lang, lang shot on the goalie, and then Andrei K touches it then Markov take the return and scores... Kovalev have no merit on the goal

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Russeltown

Kovy Bandwagon = Full

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Kovalev is the most overly scrutinized player on this team, thats why he has so many haterboys on here.
Which is also why there were so many worshipers last year. You're a star, or you're supposed to be, well you'll be under scrutiny in good or bad times. You just can't take the good and not take the bad....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Nic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
Wrong, he just made the pass to Lang, lang shot on the goalie, and then Andrei K touches it then Markov take the return and scores... Kovalev have no merit on the goal
Sorry man, i usualy don't post a lot here, but thats one stupid comment, watch the replay.
Kovalev get the zone, let the pp set itself up, pass to lang, shoot, score. No merit ? That goal is a direct result of Kovalev play, you have to be blind to not see it. If you need some help, go watch the replay ...

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,357

Please, you can hate the guy, but just dont make a fool of yourself in the process.

Nic777 is offline   Reply With Quote