HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AK46 5 points in last 2 games and ...

Old
12-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Fifthgear

vCash: 500
AK46 5 points in last 2 games and ...

Andrei has 5 points in his last 2 games and he has +8 (+/-), second best after Koivu with a +9.

I knew this would happen the day they would separate Kovy and him from the same line.
I like Kovy but they play almost the same style.
I want to keep Kovy and take advantage to have them in two seperate line giving the CH a more productive team.

They are two beast when they play in different lines.

Last edited by Fifthgear: 12-03-2008 at 10:20 AM. Reason: erreor in writing
Fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthgear View Post
Andrei has 5 points in his last 2 games and he has +8 (+/-), second best after Koivu with a +9.

I knew this would happen the day they would separate Kovy and him from the same line.
I want to keep Kovy and take advantage to have them in two seperate line giving the CH a more productive team.

dont need the salary and the diva attitude that Kovy brings

I take A. Kost , push Kovalev out and run!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Russeltown

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
kostitsyn1489

I'm pretty sure he's got 1 PPG or really close to when he's away from Kovalev.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Fifthgear

He didn't have that attitude last year. Give him a couple of games i you will see.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Russeltown

Old
12-03-2008, 10:26 AM
primeking

No bashing on Kovy but he just loves to control the puck and keep it. Last year he was weaving magic on the ice and this year's a lil tougher so he can't pull tricks out of his hat to make his linemates produce. If you dont give the puck to a "shoot-first" player like AK46, there is no way in hell that he's gonna put up points. Totally agree that Kovy and AK46 are made to be apart... until Kovy's magic touch re-appears.

primeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1976
Andrei is a beast!!
I love seeing him come down the wing with the puck.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Fifthgear

I think that playing him in the fourth line and the talk he had with Kovy made him realize that he's better that he throught he was.
Everybody in life, at one point passed throught this faze.

Examples: John Leclair, Vincent Lecavalier, Joe Thorton and many more...

AK46

The Beast!

Old
12-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
He has been playing very well and showing a lot of the jump he displayed last season. The one thing I find strange though is he's doing all of this while playing LW.

I'm not knocking the posters who have been wishing for Andrei to be moved to that position. Just pointing out that Andrei is such a talented player and needs to have the puck. When he gets it, it doesn't really matter what wing he plays on.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Fifthgear

I agree, he's so talented and LW or RW doesn't really matter!

Old
12-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
^ are you sure? He's good on LW yes, but you can see his confidence and dominance on the RW

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
^ are you sure? He's good on LW yes, but you can see his confidence and dominance on the RW
Yes, but he seemed to do a good job dominating last night as well J. I'm not saying he shouldn't play RW. I'm saying that he's talented enough that there isn't a huge drop off in his play when he does.

I think it's more putting him on a line where he can carry the puck and display his skills. More then Andrei playing a certain position.

Edit: After saying that, I would have no problem if Carbo decided to put Andrei on RW on a line with Koivu/Tanguay.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Pascal

i'm tempted to pull a TheDamned here and say "bandwagon full"

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
I think that playing him in the fourth line and the talk he had with Kovy made him realize that he's better that he throught he was.
Everybody in life, at one point passed throught this faze.
I get what you are saying, but I'm not sure that is so much the case. If he had been playing with Kovy all that time and struggled, then had the talk and picked his game up then fair enough. But we saw once he was moved onto the Lang line that he still had his game, he just hadn't been able to play it. Then he was put back on the ATAK line and his play dropped off a bit. Then moved off that line and his game re-appears. Confidence may well be a factor, but he looked pretty confident in previous games when he was not with Kovalev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
He has been playing very well and showing a lot of the jump he displayed last season. The one thing I find strange though is he's doing all of this while playing LW.

I'm not knocking the posters who have been wishing for Andrei to be moved to that position. Just pointing out that Andrei is such a talented player and needs to have the puck. When he gets it, it doesn't really matter what wing he plays on.
Moved to left wing? He never left it

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
You can't do that... It's libel against Kovalev

Old
12-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
I agree, he's so talented and LW or RW doesn't really matter!
Exactly my point. The "Left Wing Liberation" was probably quite silent seeing both plays on the left wing.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:52 AM
7th Player

AKKKK gunshot

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:55 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i was going to say the exact thing.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Exactly my point. The "Left Wing Liberation" was probably quite silent seeing both plays on the left wing.
I think you miss the point of why people want to see him on the right. It's not because people don't think he can play on the left, clearly he can, but because he shows such impressive ability, confidence and skills when on the right. People just want to know what he would be capable of with regular time in that position, if he would be much the same as on the left, or if he would be even better.

Some people want to see Lats play more with Saku because they see he plays better with him than with other linemates (although there are few who don't play better with Saku). Similar thing here, people see the fantastic plays Andrei makes from the right wing and want to see it more often.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

I'd like to see him with Koivu for 15-20 games, really let them get comfortable. Their styles seem to fit together.

A.Kost was looking a lot like Hossa last night. When he is using his strength, skating and hands.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'd like to see him with Koivu for 15-20 games, really let them get comfortable. Their styles seem to fit together.

A.Kost was looking a lot like Hossa last night. When he is using his strength, skating and hands.
That's who the scouts compared him to in his rookie camp. I see a lot of Hossa in him and if he can ever be consistent in the league he will be a similar kind of player.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Yes, but he seemed to do a good job dominating last night as well J. I'm not saying he shouldn't play RW. I'm saying that he's talented enough that there isn't a huge drop off in his play when he does.

I think it's more putting him on a line where he can carry the puck and display his skills. More then Andrei playing a certain position.

Edit: After saying that, I would have no problem if Carbo decided to put Andrei on RW on a line with Koivu/Tanguay.
Higgins and Plekanec are both in slump and I think Andrei could be the best bet to get them to work again. It would also give us three balanced line.

Tanguay-Koivu-D'ago
Higgins-Plekanec-Akost
Skost-Lang-Kovalev
Latendresse-Lapiere-Kosto

Sorry Lats, D'ago's got it so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I think you miss the point of why people want to see him on the right. It's not because people don't think he can play on the left, clearly he can, but because he shows such impressive ability, confidence and skills when on the right. People just want to know what he would be capable of with regular time in that position, if he would be much the same as on the left, or if he would be even better.

Some people want to see Lats play more with Saku because they see he plays better with him than with other linemates (although there are few who don't play better with Saku). Similar thing here, people see the fantastic plays Andrei makes from the right wing and want to see it more often.
Couldn't have said it better. Ty QGD.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
I laughed so hard yesterday. After AK46 tried the wrap around that lead to the first goal, Brunet was trying hard not to give credit to the guy. At first he said Mat had scored off a pass from Saku. Then he said 'number 46' carried the puck. Never naming Andrei. Made me laugh.

That aside, good showing from the kid. I'd love to see a Tanguay - Saku - A. Kost since even yesterday you could see Andrei trying to go to the right wing when carrying the puck. But I was happy with Mat's play on that line so I wouldn't be surprised to see him there again.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Moved to left wing? He never left it
lol...smart ass, thanks for the correction.

I do agree with you QGD, as I've wished that Andrei would get a chance to play RW on a line with Koivu/Tanguay for some time now. Plus I've read all the great things that posters like yourself and others that are die hard Dawg fans have posted here, with regards to Andrei playing RW.

My smart ass comment was more directed at the posters that claimed that Carbo was killing Andrei by keeping him on LW. Personally I don't think that is the case, but to each their own I guess. I've just noticed that whenever Andrei is able to carry the puck, he creates things. Regardless of what wing he plays on.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 12-03-2008 at 11:22 AM.