HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Don't mean to state the obvious but...

Old
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
MTL-rules

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
How does that work? This isn't like when we put Ribeiro on the 4th and had him playing the PP.

Unless you want to dress Weber as a forward.

Overall, he physically and defensively can't handle the late season NHL play on the back-end. Until that changes, he's better off in Hamilton taking part in a Calder Cup run hopefully.
Weber playing with Hammer in the first and the second while Dandy takes his place on a few shifts in the 3rd...

12-15min a game, enough to improve and get us some quality PP minutes...

Could only happen when Komisarek will be back.

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i'm amazed Carbo went with LANG and not AKost again.. that made me giggle a bit. Really, what is he thinking?
I was thinking the same thing P. But it worked as Lang's shot wasn't getting blocked last night and was actually making it to the net. Which caused some nice juicy rebounds.

I would still like to see Andrei K back there. But if Lang can continue to play like he did last night on the point. I have no problem keeping him there for awhile.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If Gainey doesn't go out and get a PP QB, we aren't going anywhere this year. Carbo has shuffled the point man pretty much every game so far and no one has shown consistent success on the PP. Clearly this should be priority #1. Can you imagine how well this team would be doing if we still had Streit or Souray on the point?
we need a QB for sure, Brisebois was atrocious last night on the PP (and 5 on 5). A package of Higgins + + might do it.

Speaking of PP QB, Hainsey was such a beast, I was looking this morning for my old Ronnie avatar, remember he was playing for the Habs....lol....

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Go Habs Go

Its ironic that he's one of the most skilled players in the world but yet is very predictable. He's no Zednik but he does do the same moves most of the time. I remember hearing Kovalev say in an interview this year that with time, Plekanec and Kost will get better and that they need to learn that every game is different and they have to constantly adapt and find new ways to score. Its ironic that he said that because he does the complete opposite.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:03 AM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCanadienRomance View Post
If it's not a hard shot its:
a) more likely to get blocked
b) less likely to create a rebound

I know I find myself shaking my head more times than not when Markov shoots from the point.

Last year Kovy was scoring in bunches from that angle. And he leads the team in shots, so he is trying. It'll come, hopefully sooner than later.

The problem with Kovalev shooting from that angle is that when he misses, (which he does regularly) the puck whips around the boards and out. If he hits the net with his shot, there will be a rebound, he's got such a heavy shot.

The PP will suffer until Kovalev gets untracked.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
we need a QB for sure, Brisebois was atrocious last night on the PP (and 5 on 5). A package of Higgins + + might do it.

Speaking of PP QB, Hainsey was such a beast, I was looking this morning for my old Ronnie avatar, remember he was playing for the Habs....lol....
I found him to be quite unimpressive other then that 3 min span where the Habs ran in circles like a headless chicken as the Thrashers scored 3 goals. But other then the few slapshots he had on net, he wasn't that great. I can accept the loss of Hainsey a lot better then Beauchemin.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
I found him to be quite unimpressive other then that 3 min span where the Habs ran in circles like a headless chicken as the Thrashers scored 3 goals. But other then the few slapshots he had on net, he wasn't that great. I can accept the loss of Hainsey a lot better then Beauchemin.
Both losses were terrible.

Hainsey did make a great play on a 2-on-1 and was pretty good offensively.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:09 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
lol
lol

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
I thought AK46 on the point had some potential...just needs some time to learn the position.

He's got the shot, and the passing.
+324324

Quote:
i'm amazed Carbo went with LANG and not AKost again.. that made me giggle a bit. Really, what is he thinking?
He trust more slowass vets than Andrei. That tells you a lot.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:44 AM
habsdude

Quote:
This annoyed me too. A.Kost has the hardest shot on the team, an absolute laser...Come on Carbo, make it happen

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Khabby

WTK here,

Yeah we scored with Lang on the point but his shot is unthreatening, Lang doesn't move and he always makes mistakes and penalties. I can see us losing a lot of powerplays because of lazy hooks on the blueline with Lang. A. Kost needs to be tried there with regularly with Hamrlik on the second wave.

Khabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:55 AM
gillyguzzler

Markov at the left point feeding Kovalev or AK46 on the right side for one timers. A great passer and two left handed shots playing the right side. If they cover Kovy, get it to Andrei, if the play high and cover Andrei, Kovy should be open. Put a big body or at least someone who'll take the abuse in front of the net and bingo, we have a power play! Sounds simple, right!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
GaineysRightHandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post

Unless you want to dress Weber as a forward.

Overall, he physically and defensively can't handle the late season NHL play on the back-end. Until that changes, he's better off in Hamilton taking part in a Calder Cup run hopefully.
The thought came across my mind - Weber as forward.

I'm not too worried about Calder Cup.

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
You actually think that missing those guys is actually worth a 25 place drop in overall PP rankings?

it's more than that. One could expect a drop to perhaps in the middle of the league without Streit, but near the bottom?

The PP troubles are on the coaching staff. The Markov experiment was disastrous. The Lang over use is disastrous. Kovalev is never on at the same time as Markov manning his RW spot. A Kost had lost his spot until recently on the PP. Brisebois is a freaking hack. Hamrlik on the PP is no better...

I've said it a few times already, Brisebois has been the best point man thus far... His shot is hard and usually in the goalie's pads, right where it should be.

Thing is no-one is crashing the net to score on the returns... Actually, last game the 3 players who do were on the same line (Saks and Andrei... D'agostini's game, from what I've seen of him, seems based on just that.. Scoring from in-close with returns)

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
The Habs dont need a d-men that will put 50+ points but someone capable of putting 30-35 points from now untill the rest of the season.
Also a shutdown, physical d-men would be nice.
Plus a gritty forward in the Nolan, Shanahan type!
There is no way this team has the slightess chance to win the cup

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote