HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else getting the feeling that Higgins will be moved?

Old
12-03-2008, 08:05 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Why would we move Chris when this guy is the perfect 3rd liner? Unless other teams thinks he's something else than that and are willing to overpay.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why would we move Chris when this guy is the perfect 3rd liner? Unless other teams thinks he's something else than that and are willing to overpay.
Like Atlanta.

hint hint.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
im glad you are happy with a player getting 1st line ice time and pp time doing all the little things.
While I disagree with pretty much everything else in your post, I do agree that Higgins gets too much PP time. His skills help the team (especially this team, with tons of PP weapons up front) more at evens and on the PK.

That said, all that stuff about Higgins being a 3rd liner put into a 1st line role is outdated. The vast majority of teams look for power on power matchups these days, and Higgins qualifies for that role. Think Jere Lehtinen.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
BigTimer*

I'm getting sick and tired of Higgins. The more you watch him, the more you realize he's actually a pretty soft player. Makes soft plays, responsible for stupid turnovers, finishes his checks but more because he has to, not because he wants to. For some reason, he's never relegated or whipped. I don't think I've ever seen him look an opponent in the eye in a scrum and he has absolutely no interest in that side of the game. Kovalchuk running price with 30 seconds left didn't even garner so much as a hairy eyebrow from Mr. Piss Poor assistant captain Higgins.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Maxpac

D'Agostini is playing EXACTLY how i would of hoped of Higgins, he's effective both ways of the ice, he shoots at will, likes to crash the net and he's patient with the puck, Higgins misses way too many chances, he's killing himself and his linemates, and he doesn't have the size, strengh or balance to play a powerforward game like Latendresse can and probably will do in the near future.

If we are able to get a real top 4 defensmen for Higgins, well

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:53 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
I'm getting sick and tired of Higgins. The more you watch him, the more you realize he's actually a pretty soft player. Makes soft plays, responsible for stupid turnovers, finishes his checks but more because he has to, not because he wants to. For some reason, he's never relegated or whipped. I don't think I've ever seen him look an opponent in the eye in a scrum and he has absolutely no interest in that side of the game. Kovalchuk running price with 30 seconds left didn't even garner so much as a hairy eyebrow from Mr. Piss Poor assistant captain Higgins.
Somebody should've stood up for Price. It sickens me when the Habs let crap like that go. Face wash the guy, something...I know he was trying to get someone to take a penalty but jeesh!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Correlation is not necessarily causation
of course not, but the record is still there to see

HABsurde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Somebody should've stood up for Price. It sickens me when the Habs let crap like that go. Face wash the guy, something...I know he was trying to get someone to take a penalty but jeesh!
Higgins was right there and he did nothing... story of his career. Kid thinks he's still playing college hockey. That or he thinks he's too good to get his nose dirty.

Old
12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

Uhm, Habs record with Chris Higgins last year = 47-25-10

Any questions??
Yeah, where does last year record counts in this year standing? It's not: What have you ever done for me, but what have you done for me lately?

The point is if somebody has any value on the trading block, it is probably Higgins, and record shows that the habs did well without Higgins, all i'm saying...

Old
12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
no ****, the first 6 games the team actually played well. It has nothing to do with higgins.
actually the team won games, they didn't really played well

Old
12-03-2008, 09:05 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
actually the team won games, they didn't really played well
The team was playing really well up until the Anaheim game... some would even say the two games we played after that were pretty quality. We started playing poorly around the Islanders game though, that's for certain.

Old
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
HansonBro

I agree higgins play has been lackluster of late. I dont mind him on the 1st/2nd line...just shouldnt be on the powerplay usnless his job is to stand in front of the net and bang home the garbage. His early season hattrick shows his shooting ability which he has failed to utilize so far this year. He's too often looking for a deke to get closer to the net, when he should be concentrating on getting that nice, quick shot off. with such a quick release the puck come off really "hot" and would create a ton of goals/rebounds. Im also wondering if hes a bit out of shape for some reason.

Things should turn around for everyone when Komi gets back...i think he makes that much of a difference team/game wise.

As far as trading him goes...unless like already mentioned he gets traded for an O-D, hes likely staying with his expected salary and the amount of other UFA/RFA's this year. The face of Montreal could change alot come next year and most should be happy to see Higgins again.

HansonBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
D'Agostini is playing EXACTLY how i would of hoped of Higgins, he's effective both ways of the ice, he shoots at will, likes to crash the net and he's patient with the puck, Higgins misses way too many chances, he's killing himself and his linemates, and he doesn't have the size, strengh or balance to play a powerforward game like Latendresse can and probably will do in the near future.

Huh?

Are saying whatever passes through your mind jsut for the sake of promoting your idol and downgrading a player you've never liked?

First off, Higgins has been effective on both ways of the ice, Higgins shoots at will, does like to crash the net and he's also patient with the puck, and you haven't seen enought of Daggs to know yet how many chances he'll miss in the future. Typical. One goal in two games for Daggs and he's better than Higgins. No bias there, absolutely not

And then, you go on to describe Higgins as a powerforward, which he is not, and to compare him to Lats, hello, Higgins is a great two-way player. You should realize Daggs isn't a powerforward either... so what should we do, get rid of him too, I mean, the all mighty Lats will be the powerforward (which I highly doubt) of the futureé.... yet both Daggs and Higgins are two-way players with a scoring touch.

Yet one is more proven.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:40 AM
primeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Like Atlanta.

hint hint.

So we can get another K on this team, hint hint...

primeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Fido22

D'Ago plays two good games and we can move Higgins.

Good Lord.

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
D'Ago plays two good games and we can move Higgins.

Good Lord.
Could be worst....Denis could have a good stretch in the AHL so we could move Halak....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:55 AM
MTL-rules

If Higgins is traded, it'll be for a star player, not some underachiever 3rd liner like Trent Hunter...

Also, trading Higgins to the Isles would mean bye-bye to Komisarek.

But, I feel he might be trade bait this summer.

How about Higgins for the Isles's first and signing J-Bo this summer instead of Komisarek?

Islanders won't do this, but that would be great. ('cause the Isles won't keep it... they'll finish in the lotery spot)

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
MastaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

Yeah all of this judged on two games. Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Higgins was right there and he did nothing... story of his career. Kid thinks he's still playing college hockey. That or he thinks he's too good to get his nose dirty.
No he's not a physical player and it's not what he is supposed to be. He's not the one we pay to defend our players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Could be worst....Denis could have a good stretch in the AHL so we could move Halak....

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Lone Rogue

29 teams in the NHL want Chris Higgins.

We should be smart and be the 30th team.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:14 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
What's more annoying than your idiotic opinion is your "teach" smilie at the end of your idiotic opinion.

Now who's laughing, huh? Everyone, and they are laughing at you.
kids

lol

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:14 AM
itscalledhawkey*

I have seen this story before, his name was Brad Wilkerson.

itscalledhawkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
See my proposal with Kovalchuk....
Im with you dud ! Ive checked out a couple of your posts about Kovy. Im seriously hoping someone is planning that move

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscalledhawkey View Post
I have seen this story before, his name was Brad Wilkerson.
Yeah and Plekanec was supposed to be nothing more than a 3rd line center.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
29 teams in the NHL want Chris Higgins.

We should be smart and be the 30th team.
Well said. Gainey refused to trade for Hossa last year because they insisted on including Higgins in the deal.

Enough said... Higgins is going nowhere.

gillyguzzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2008, 10:34 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaK View Post

No he's not a physical player and it's not what he is supposed to be. He's not the one we pay to defend our players.

I don't think you've every played a team sport. At least not at a contact level.

Everybody is paid to be a team player, and team players defend their teammates. Get a clue, Higgins is sofffft.